Anyone playing Star Citizen on an Alienware Laptop

Demisane

Hey there,

I am trying to play Star Citizen on my Alienware M14x R2 which has an i7 3630 CPU and GT 650M Nvidia card. The card is currently clocked at 745 MHz and I am trying to overclock it to play the game. Let me know if anyone has doen anything to get better performance on it.

Demi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heh-heh. My 680Ms in SLI were starting to show their age lately themselves. I think that might've been more because of their 2 GB VRAM capacity. I always say that the 680Ms had a shortened lifespan (unless you had the 4 GB variants and are happy to OC them), because they came right when the 4K boom started to churn up, and thus RAM capacities had to get boosted way up. I remember doing research over so many channels and threads concerning VRAM and the general concensus back then was that 2 GB should be way more than enough, while 4 GB RAM would be "future proof." Well, I guess since that's all that was available then, at least on mobile platforms, that might be true, but two years later and I while I can play on high settings without much of a problem still, Ultra is pretty much never apparent (with games that are "smart" these days and remove the option entirely if you don't have the specs--I believe VRAM was a big factor here). I know the lack of VRAM didn't allow me to have ultra textures in Watch_Dogs. Made me a little annoyed.

Oh well, the twins have split up now; I've sold my 680Ms to two seperate people and now have another set of twins, the 680ms flipped upside down, what do we have? Oh right, 980ms :3

• 2 years later...