What Is A Good Gaming Mouse for Tactical Shooters and FPS?

Thanks to games within the Tactical Shooter genre like Robocraft and Gear up, I have been considering a good Tactical Shooter gaming mouse that also does well for First Person Shooters. However, I do not know a lot about the new gaming mice that are out and I would like some recommendations.

The Razer Naga Hex that I currently have would have answered this question, but I use a lot of thumb pressure when moving the mouse, and sometimes my thumb slips onto one of the buttons on the side. This has really started to bother me, hence why I am now on the search for a good mouse that does well with both Tactical Shooters and First Person Shooters.

• 4 months later...

I don't think its much about the mouse as it is about geting used to it. Simply put 10% of the mouse, 90% you. But generaly speaking for FPS you want as simple mouse as you can get really, no unnecessary buttons and stuff. I play many genres when it comes to games and i still use my old Razer Lachesis and i think todays Razer Deathadder should be just as good, so if i had to go with a new mouse i would probably get that one, or ROCCAT Kone XTD.

• 7 months later...
  • Founder

I know Razer gets a lot of hate and they may not have the absolute best sensor but I really love the form factor of my Razer Mamba. I also have a secondary fps gaming mouse that I use called the Logitech G602 which I got on sale for $45 that is also wireless (but uses AA batteries) and has fantastic tracking + battery life. The difference between the two is that the Mamba is a "claw grip" style mouse while the G602 is the opposite and requires the person rest their hand on it. So when you choose a mouse, the style of how you grip it really plays a huge part in whether you're going to like it or not. 

20130926-mouse-grip.thumb.png.12e40d2d6e

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I love my Logitech Wireless G700s. The 4 side buttons are extremely useful for games like Overwatch where your hero has a bunch of abilites. It takes a while to get use to but after a week it feels completely natural. The battery life on it kinda sucks due to it being a laser mouse but I alway have extra eneloops on me to change out or a USB cord to turn it into a wire mode.