H1Z1 Tech|Inferno Players

Brian

• Founder

So H1Z1 is out and I think they finally managed to iron out their log in issues. If you don't know what H1Z1 is then I'll explain. It's a persistent open world survival game that copies the concept Day Z created and expands on it with Sony's take. It's based on the PlanetSide 2 engine so people are hopeful it runs much smoother than the ARMA engine does (which it should). Anyhow, for those that have it, we should find a common server and meet up. I have a Team Speak server I run that we can all join as well if needed (ts3.kgbgaming.com).

It will of course run a lot smoother than the ARMA engine, hehe. That won't be too hard, but I also guess less realistic. Having a stable alternative to Day-Z will be pretty great. Thinking of trying out H1Z1 the next weekend with a bunch of friends. I'll join up in here after I am familiar with the game :D

I've been playing H1Z1 for a while through the early access program, It shows promise as something to take over from what the DaYz Mods started. DayZ standalone is a bit of a non starter for me, for 18 months it was essentially unplayable so i just gave up on it.

Recently, In H1Z1, the pay for a supply drop option has basically turned it into one big death match. Somebody pays 5 usd for an airdrop so that they can get a gun with ammo without spending hours looting. As soon as that air drops comes in, every player in the area swarms on it and the fighting begins. It is immensely frustrating and I d not think that it bring any value to the gameplay. It just creates a reason for PVP as if any more reasons were needed.

I'l like to see the developers come up with some fun an exciting things for players to do instead of the tired old KOS PVP that happens when people are bored.

The Air drops are not exactly pay to win at this point but if they start adding more things that you can buy then it wont be long before you have to pay if you want to win.

• 3 weeks later...

This game is absolutely amazing. I am one of those gamer's who wants a extremely challenging game and even though H1z1 is not the hardest game to play it definitely keeps you in the mindset that dieing is the worse thing possible. I love how you lose everything at death it makes the game so much more rewarding when you do manage to live survive and make yourself your own barricade. I will prob hop on this teamspeak its nice to have other players to interact with thank you.

I have been watching youtube gameplay for this game. Love it because its open world like GTA (personally love GTA so much), but sometimes it takes so long to find someone to kill in Online PVP game. Unlike GTA which has many cars generated around you, its so difficult to find a car and need to walk on foot instead in H1Z1. I really wonder how long does it take to look for someone in this game lol

• Founder
I have been watching youtube gameplay for this game. Love it because its open world like GTA (personally love GTA so much), but sometimes it takes so long to find someone to kill in Online PVP game. Unlike GTA which has many cars generated around you, its so difficult to find a car and need to walk on foot instead in H1Z1. I really wonder how long does it take to look for someone in this game lol

Depends on whether it's a high player server or not. If it has a lot of players, you run into them quite often.

• Founder
Curious, the streams I watch on Twitch, they're all doing the deathmatch stuff now. Is that the only option available currently?

It's battle royale and it's good for quick action. The regular game mode requires you to run around like DayZ and gather items at a slower pace and build up your base if that's your goal. Plus the game itself is just lacking in content overall so that's probably why more people are playing battle royale.