8 beeps

xxgummyxx

Hey guys I thought it would be best of I start a new thread. I did a lot of research but nothing I've found helped. I own a m14xr1 with the i7 2630qm. My laptop was left on for a maintence and several hours later I found it still on but the screen is black. It was running pretty hard and kind of hot so I manually turned it off. This is not the first time this has happened...when I tried to turn it back on, there was nothing except 8 rhythmic beeps. I know that is the error code for LCD so I checked all the wires, even inside the laptop, and they were all normal. I drained the power and reset the CMOS battery but it didn't help. I recently flashed a volt mod bios so I went ahead and blind flash a factory one. The blind flash was a success, beeps several time and restarted itself, but the beeps still continue. I plugged the laptop into a monitor, it shows black page with a solid white dash on top left while it continue beeping. I tried the same thing but with the LCD unplugged and its the same result...

At this point I've ran out of ideas and I think my GPU/mobo has gone bad...

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

-TL

• 9 months later...

I didn't count the beeps but I got beeps when I upgraded just only one of my 4GB RAMs to 8GB RAM (total 12GB RAM). That resulted in same black screen and laptop wouldn't start.

So I upgraded both to 8GB RAMs and it runs fine now..

Sorry if this doesn't help though :/

• 1 month later...