Nvidia GTX Power Consumption

Hey all,

So I'm really new to the whole world of GPUs and such and I was wondering the difference between overall power consumption of Nvidia gpus.

What I heard was that the GTX 765m is more powerful than the 670m but uses a lot less power.

Is this true?

How is the 765m power consumption compared to the 770m?

If there is a difference in power consumption, it is significant towards the battery life of the system?

Normally, within the same generation (i.e. GTX7xx or GTX8xx or so), the higher the spec, the higher the power consumption. Newer generations tend to have lower consumption compared to their older equivalent.

This is generally true but some of the 700 series chips are Maxwell instead of Keplar. I have no idea how this happened but it seems like Nvidia and its partners really dropped the ball on the mobile side of the Maxwell launch.

• 2 weeks later...