msi 8970m 2gb on Clevo P170EM

EMC

I would expect it to work. The clevo version works fine, and clevo and MSI cards are often identical.

Also a 7970m is superior to the 8970m because the memory is locked to the default speed of 1250MHz on the 8970m, while the 7970m can often be overclocked over 1500MHz. The 7970m should be cheaper as well.

You might want to consider a 970m. Much faster than the 8970m. The problem is though it needs a system BIOS mod that Prema is currently working on to work properly. Don't ask him when it will be done, but it should be soon. Without the mod it has problems switching power states and reaching full utilization, but does function, unlike the 700 and 800 series which are completely inoperable.

Here in Brazil things costs more than you can imagine...

980m gtx for about $1100

970m gtx for about $800

I've found a used 8970m for $300

I just need my nb working again.

Later I'll grab a 980m... Just wait for fracking shit fallacy show upto our currency stabilize

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...