Y500 BIOS flash error

soldatdescieux

Hi, and thanks for your time =)

I'm attempting to flash the bios on my Y500 but am having an impossible time doing so. The first time, I had zero problems. This time, not for the life of me.

See, my Y500 had to have her mainboard replaced. Upon booting, it was evident that this board has a much older bios than the one I used to have (Lenovo bios splash screen is completely different, older).

When running the update installer from Lenovo's website, this is what happens:

post-19986-14494999075586_thumb.png

I'm not sure if I did it correctly, but I did manage to find all the files in my Temp folder and added the lines to the file which the error states, and still nothing. I even managed to find a v1.05 bios and the same thing, nothing.

Any ideas? Thanks

I tried flashing from a DOS USB boot stick. Specifically, I followed this guide: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs-Knowledge-Base/How-to-flash-InsydeH2O-EFI-under-DOS-enviroment/ta-p/278406

And, of course, she didn't work. I was returned the following error: "Error: Not support AT-p information CL Registry:0x0."

I'm at a loss. I hope there's something I'm missing or not doing correctly.

Hi all, thank you for your help but I think I've done it. What a piece of work.

Using the Insyde installer from Lenovo's website, I had to do the following:

+replace bios filename (V2.04) with the V1.05 version I found,

+add the EngineeringErrorDisable switch to bypass the IHISI and whatnot error I was having,

+change two EC settings (as I was then prompted with an EC error after getting rid of the old one)

She updated, and then updating from V1.05 to V2.04 was business as usual, though the computer did hang on an all-white screen after it was finished, forcing me to remove the battery.

I had to change the support back from Legacy before windows would boot but anyway, it's done. Thanks again :)