Memory speed and CL confusion

Hi all,

My current laptop is NP8652 running 16GB memory. I am aware that I shouldn't mix and match memory but I only manage to get an additional 8GB ram on discount. So I am using the stock samsung memory 1600Mhz/CL11 and mixing it with Ripjaws memory 1600Mhz/CL9. I got these memory reading from CPU-Z and I dont understand. So at what frequency and CL both of my memory running at?

post-17447-14494999072531_thumb.jpg

post-17447-14494999072793_thumb.jpg

It looks like 1600 Mhz/ CL9? but the stock memory doesn't support that @_@ How risky is this setup?

The first window. 1600MHz CL9.

Some laptops take the slowest timings from all memory sticks, while others just set according to the 1st stick. It sounds like yours does the latter.

Samsung memory overclocks the highest of all memory so I would not worry at all about the lower than rated latency.

• Thumbs Up 1