OFFICIAL: M17x-R3 Benchmarking Thread

• Founder

Hey rev, welcome to the forum! It is extremely odd that ichime's cad has more shaders, at first I was ready to dismiss it thinking it was an R2 bios glitch but then his scores are also faster than ours clock for clock. I doubt he did anything to unlock it, more than likely he just received a sample that was already that way. It must have slipped past AMD somehow when they sent it out. AMD typically lasers out bad shaders and bins them as a lower tiered product and they likely neglected to laser the one he has.

Edit: Yup I was right, take a look here, the same thing happened with desktops: http://lensfire.blogspot.com/2010/10/can-you-unlock-hd-6850-to-1120-shaders.html

AMD 6950-->AMD 6970 unlocking thread: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=335318

Since those bios files are for desktops, it doesn't apply to us and since Speedy already tried to flash his card with ichime's bios (original one I'm assuming) then that means ours are already lasered and cannot be unlocked.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

Yeah it looks like he hit the lottery. That card of his can probably come close to matching 5870xfire with the right amount of cooling and overclock.

• Founder

I did a 1024MB run with WPrime 1.55 today and while the mult was nearly at 26x the entire time and the CPU at 2600 mhz, the time to complete it was far below an optimized 920xm that's got the use of TS. Can those of you with 2720/2820 CPU's run wprime 1.55 1024MB with 8 threads and post your results here?

• Thumbs Up 1

I did a 1024MB run with WPrime 1.55 today and while the mult was nearly at 26x the entire time and the CPU at 2600 mhz, the time to complete it was far below an optimized 920xm that's got the use of TS. Can those of you with 2720/2820 CPU's run wprime 1.55 1024MB with 8 threads and post your results here?

here is mine: it was running 27x for most of the run @ 2700mhz. only ran at 30x for maybe 20 secs.

post-100-14494987599302_thumb.jpg

Edited by iloveb00bs
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Founder
Hi guys, I can't believe they allow speculation threads here. That's good news... :)

Anyways, I will report my best M17X R3 OC score so far: 14,740

3dmarkvantagerun2.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hey Joe, welcome to the T|I forum. Glad to see you found your way here. ;)

-Brian aka 5150 Joker in case some don't know.

• Founder
here is mine: it was running 27x for most of the run @ 2700mhz. only ran at 30x for maybe 20 secs.

Thanks man, that's about 18-20 seconds faster than the 2630qm.

Hey Joe, welcome to the T|I forum. Glad to see you found your way here. ;)

-Brian aka 5150 Joker in case some don't know.

Yeah I am glad to be part of something new and hopefully were we don't get banned for providing valid info... :D:D:D:D

• Founder
Yeah I am glad to be part of something new and hopefully were we don't get banned for providing valid info... :D:D:D:D

Since me and a couple guys own this domain, I can guarantee things like that won't happen here.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I will later tonight, Dell still hasn't sent me the right screen so I only had a limited time to jack the lcd from my kids and wife lol. Nice sig by the way, I started to think the 900p screen Dell screwed up and sent now had a bug in it lol!

• Founder

hahaha...that's what I was hoping some people would think. Did you try tapping on the screen? lol. Aren't they giving you a new build? I repasted my CPU/GPU and the temps are amazingly low. I've been playing Crysis 2 on extreme settings at 30-45+ fps @ 1080p with clocks at 830/1100.

LOL this is gonna be a public Face--->Palm moment but yes I even touched the screen lol. No they refuse to give me a new build, don't know why at this point. I now have to wait until tomorrow to contact the original manager who approved it as she didn't notate what screen they agreed to and they didn't have a part number on Wednesday to order the 1080/60hz panel "supposedly". Mine are running pretty good at 1080p but the strange thing is if I run at 900p on the internal panel it runs about 8-10 degrees higher. What kind of temps have you been getting on the 6970? I get about 50-75 on it at 1080p and 60-85 at 900p.

• Founder
LOL this is gonna be a public Face--->Palm moment but yes I even touched the screen lol. No they refuse to give me a new build, don't know why at this point. I now have to wait until tomorrow to contact the original manager who approved it as she didn't notate what screen they agreed to and they didn't have a part number on Wednesday to order the 1080/60hz panel "supposedly". Mine are running pretty good at 1080p but the strange thing is if I run at 900p on the internal panel it runs about 8-10 degrees higher. What kind of temps have you been getting on the 6970? I get about 50-75 on it at 1080p and 60-85 at 900p.

lol it does look real so it's expected. As for temps, after repasting, mine even with extreme burn in furmark doesn't exceed 74C. In games, it doesn't even reach above 72C even with overclocking.

• Founder

Nice run, that's close to the highest I've gotten. I think with a 2920xm + voltage adjustments, the system could break 15.5-16k. It's too bad voltage adjustment isn't a possibility right now. I might try it again although I think the problem is hardwired into the card and we'll probably never have that ability.