CPU and GPU temps P375SM-A

Sniegu

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I can help, how did you apply the thermal paste on your CPU and GPU ? Dot method ?

I recently applied thermal paste on my Clevo CPU with dot method, but instead of just leave the dot i used a card to spread the paste over the chip and for me the results were better.

Before i did this i was getting a big jump from 45ºc to 90ºc on Prime95 ( without full fans hotkey ) and now with that "new" method i just got from 45ºc to 70ºc on Prime95 ( without full fans hotkey ) all this in 5 minutes test !

I own a clevo P150EM, I used the arctic cooler mx-4 and my clevo only have 2 mods, the foil mod for GPU and CPU and this ( to give my Clevo height to help the entry of more air for cooling ) its like cooling pad but without fans.

Sorry about my English..

I've had 2x GTX 880m in two different Alienware 17's, one was always at 90+ under load, the other one barely reaches 70. Maybe you've got a bad one?

In my NP9377 I the GPU 1 on mine get into the 90's and caused it to throttle back. This happened for a long time and I couldn't figure it out. GPU 2 was always 10 to 15 degrees cooler at full load while gaming. I opened up the bottom cover and removed the fan for GPU 1. When I did that a big clump of dust came out and I figued out that it was blocking air flow. Now my temps have dropped about 15 degrees and are in about the range you are getting. So be careful about dust. A can of air is your friend! RJgAJZdlsYzbjOrAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

• 3 years later...

i have the same issues with my gpu as well on the same laptop, i have a gtx 980m and in some games on high settings it gets up to 90c, repasted the gpu and cpu cleaned the heat pipes but the same happens, i am on stock bios at the moment but i will flash premas bios soon