CPU and GPU temps P375SM-A

Sniegu

Hi its my first Clevo laptop i had move from AW 17 to Clevo 17.3 P375SM-A with Dual GTX 880M SLI i7 4940 . I bought this from ebay iam second owner . Laptop looks much better in real. My queston's are about temps when gaming .

My Cpu reach 90-94 celcius with coolmaster U3 and GPU's about 85 celcius in my opinion this is too high. In my AW 17 i have 4910MQ with GTX 780M and temp's are about 75 when gaming. Can some1 who have Clevo P375SM-A can let me know is this normal?? i just dont want broke my new toy:) . My English is not perfect but i do my best . Thanks !!!

I have checked cpu and GPU fans and heatsink and they are clear, I run battlefield 4 with those temps. Right now I repaste GPU's and CPU using IC Diamond 7. And temps go down on cpu right now I am getting about 80 but GPU's still around 85. What temps i should get in max stress? And I didn't make any OC so far.

Not sure if your model has the shared heat pipes. Some of the models have a connecting heatpipe between the cpu heatsink and the gpu heatsink, effectively allowing for better cpu temps but sacrifcing gpu temperatures. Maybe that's why your CPU temps are quite high and your GPU temp sare better.

my friend has 85C on both 880m in his Alienware 18 in bf4. not sure about CPU though.

i am not sure about you machine exactly, but in mine the cooler on the CPU sucks the air straight from the processor and blows it into radiator which has "hole" on the way, meaning the hot air is sucked from processor and is sent back inside the machine.

i have fixed it by closing the opening on the fan from the side of the processor and sealed the "holes" on the way to the radiator. that helped me to get about 4-5 degrees less. be sure to use some non melting thing for doing that though!

Thanks for reply! . I use coolmaster U3 in my clevo and when i have fans sets in auto temps go very high over 85 in cpu and gpu with coolmaster!! but when i setup fans in 80-100%temps drops to 75-80 on gpu's and cpu

Yes all stock I haven't touch anything yet.

Idle Temp CPU are 45C and GPU 35-40

I have use high temperature tape to seal gap between fan and radiator and temp are arround 80c on cpu and gpu's and this is on automatic speed fan but when i use Fn+1 100% fan speed temp go down to 75 on both. Is it safe to keep using fan's at 100% when gaming? it can be stupid question but iam still learning :) .

i use stock Bios and i have now use modified bios for gtx 880m both cards are running stock 993 mhz core . Cpu is not overclocked at all . Hotkey version i use 8.0134 but in this software i cannot change touchpad colour on my p375sm-a

GPU heatsinks with pipes are separated from CPU . CPU have little heatsink under fan only .

Can any1 tell me what temps should get with P375SM-A i7 4940 and GTX 880M ??when gaming.Thanks

My card is broken and throttles at 93 degrees so I usually don't use it. Guess I was just unlucky.

what? you mean your 2nd gpu gets to 95C ? 75-80 is fine though for 880m.

download this hotkeys for win8

http://www.sagernotebook.com/drivers/misc/p377sma/win8.1/07_hotkey.exe

if that doesn't help, try downloading slightly earlier BIOS/EC here http://forum.techinferno.com/attachments/clevo/12680d1411852051-p375sm-a_35_35_stock.rar

Hi Tanzmeister !!! Thanks for reply again!

Yes i did please read below :

I have load up Bios from ur link 5 and EC 5 when doing this in next page where i blue screen its saying something my chip is different and asking me if i want to replace it y or n . I dont know what to do in this step so i press n. Anyway i went to bios and it shows me bios ver 5 and EC 5 .

Then i install also hot key from your last link . Restart PC and i have done Fire Strike test standard . My GPU1 Start with higher temp then GPU2 reach same temp on 70 c and after GPU2 get hot faster then GPU1 not much different about 5c on max temp with was GPU1 82 c and GPU2 85 this been maxed temp in fire strike . My question now is if those temp are fine ? in FireStrike Bench? and with GPU should have higher Temp? it should be the 1 GPU with higher temp or it dosnt matter?

I have done small test in gaming i have run Battlefield 4 for hour and my GPU's Temps are in max GPU1 82 GPU2 89 when 89c been reached fans go auto faster drop temp to GPU1 to 82 and GPU2 85c then few minutes after temps back to 82 and 89 . When i press Fn+1 max speed fans temps are GPU 1 74c and GPU 2 80c so i belive its something to do with GPU2 but need some advice what else i can do?? Swaping the card may help?

82c on GPU1 in gaming is acceptable in my opinion (GTX 880M) but 89c is to high and i dont want brick my card:/ . Any more sugestions?

you could have went for Y when prompted, as long as you flash 37xsm-a Bios/EC - you should be fine!

i assume that it has asked you that when loading EC2, which does not change in version since ver2. so that should not be a problem, but you can try saying "YES" - that will not brick your system, don't worry. but i think result will be the same.

Nvidia claims these cards to work up till 100C. but still these temps you get are quite high, they will not kill your laptop straight away, but i would be worried to run the laptop with these temps for too long and i mean months, not hours.

especially that you are using cooling pad, makes me think that this is no way normal! if you would get these temps without the cooling pad, that would be somewhere on the edge of acceptable.

that is why i am thinking that you laptop fans are misbehaving and possible solution that Bios/EC may have changed that.

yes, it is normal that one of the GPUs runs slightly hotter than the other.

i am out of solutions for now, except for downvolting your cards, but that would be a workaround not a real solution to this problem, and it may or may not work. what are your ASIC quality readings from both GPUs?

tell me if you want to try the downvolting method, you will need to flash your cards with modded vBios a few times though and find right modification for each GPU to work stable. i can help. PM me.