Best graphics card for under $200?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Still haven't seen a good as deal as the GTX 460 1GB for $50-60 (in terms of price to performance ratio). However, the GTX 660 2GB is occasionally just under $200, which would give you the best performance at your (maximum) budget. Picking nVidia vs. AMD depends on what games you play. Check GPU reviews since some games are clearly better on one platform, while others are better on the other.

Still haven't seen a good as deal as the GTX 460 1GB for $50-60 (in terms of price to performance ratio). However, the GTX 660 2GB is occasionally just under $200, which would give you the best performance at your (maximum) budget. Picking nVidia vs. AMD depends on what games you play. Check GPU reviews since some games are clearly better on one platform, while others are better on the other.

Where did you find GTX 460 for $50 ??

One of the best deals around I found today was GTX 560 TI TwinFrozr III 448 cores for $119 after $100 rebate. I am soooo tempted to grab one to upgrade my old desktop. :)

As I stated previously, what games you play really is the determining factor to whether or not you should pick AMD vs. nVidia. IMO though, the nVidia is a better overall choice since more games than not do better on it than with AMD, plus it's cheaper and is more efficient (less power consumption, lower noise) - comparing stock solutions that is.

• 3 months later...

personally I prefer Radeon video cards. Yes I know i'm the minority in some parts with this :).

The Radeon 7870 is a very VERY nice card. It really lets you overclock the crud out of it and I think personally you wont get much more muscle for 200.00 bucks. I had the 7970 and it was just overkill. (Especially after overclocking it)

Wrain

Best graphics card for under $200 is probably the 7770. It's a small card but packs quite a bit of power. I'm not a big fan of AMD GPUs but it seems the GTX650 isn't as powerful as the 7770 and the 660TI is more around $300.

• 5 weeks later...

I got a MSI Twin Frozr III 660 2gb for $195 on newegg (not sure if that's still the price). The 660 is a GREAT card and definitely worth it for $200.

Here it is, guess I bought it at the wrong time! But I would definitely advise getting this card. Even while playing Battlefield 3 or Far Cry 3 and putting my ear right next to it (I have it as an external graphics card) I could barely hear a thing.

MSI N660 TF 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Newegg.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm strongly considering picking up a 7870. Right now you get FC 3 Blood Dragon, Bioshock & Tomb Raider for free with this deal:

HIS H787F2G2M Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Newegg.com

My biggest concern would be that everyone is usually so negative about Radeon cards and Crossfire. However, this review shows you get a ton more value with the Radeons:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Review - Performance

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

lawl at the old thread. Just for information purposes if anyone else was considering the topic, I'd put the gtx 660 or 660TI at the top of my list. A used 7950 would also be a great choice. I had a 7870 and didn't care for it.