svl7

NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

As guideline:

With the 970m mod you can expect about 10.1k GPU score in 3dM11 when running the modified vbios at stock, and about 13.5k for the 980m.

• Thumbs Up 3

Right, I'll add 3gb and 4gb versions when I get the chance. Also an Asus version. Should be up during the next couple of days.

• Thumbs Up 1

As guideline:

With the 970m mod you can expect about 10.1k GPU score in 3dM11 when running the modified vbios at stock, and about 13.5k for the 980m.

Gotcha, tnx! Also, you meant 3dmark13, right?)

• Thumbs Up 1

No, I mean 3dMark11. There's no 3dMark13 anyways :P

Awesome! I can't wait to try this tonight. Should the nvidia drivers be removed or is it okay to have them installed, just disable the gpu in device manager when flashing?

you are the best! by the way.. are you sure it is 3dmark 11? because i already got the 1.3k graphic score from 3d mark 11 test... not even flashing bios yet.

may be you mean the Fire Strike?

No, I mean 3dMark11. There's no 3dMark13 anyways :P

Hehe) That's how some people call Fire Strike - 3dmark13!

I thought you were talking about overclocked results for the GPU, cause i saw Prema 970M run and he hit 10.1k GPU score in Fire strike!

Just disable the gpu or gpus in device manager. Start the flashing process. then re enable gpu or gpus. Then restart machine.

you are the best! by the way.. are you sure it is 3dmark 11? because i already got the 1.3k graphic score from 3d mark 11 test... not even flashing bios yet.

may be you mean the Fire Strike?

That was just a guideline for people to see whether the card is performing as it should. The vbios is not overclocked by default since every system and card can behave differently.

I've seen people posting benchmarks with a 980m having 10k GPU score in 3dM11 and wondering whether everything's okay - well, in that case it's not. That's why I put those numbers there, for people who aren't that familiar with how it should perform and don't know what they can expect.

With overclocking you can get 16k+ GPU score in 3dM11 with the 980m and 14k+ with the 970m.

• Thumbs Up 3

I followed the procedure.

and did the following (under command prompt - admin)

-Disabled 970m under device manager

- command prompt with administrative priviledges

- Went to Mnvflash and input the following command:

ex: c:\mnvflash -6 bios.rom

and i get this error

"ERROR: FIrmware image filename must have a valid extension. (.rom .nvr. efr. ef)

I've got the vbios version Clevo 970M vbios version 84.04.22.00.13. used with MSI GT60-16F3

====

Update :

Got to flashed it.. the file name is too long so the solution is just to put the name like this . ex: c:\mnvflash -6 Nvidia~1.rom

then follow the procedure.

Eh guys.. what's the safest setting to oc the core and mem clock and as well as adjusting the power limit for 970m? tnx

Eh guys.. what's the safest setting to oc the core and mem clock and as well as adjusting the power limit for 970m? tnx

For 24/7 i'd recommend any highest overclock you can achieve with no voltage bump. For benching - there're no limits! Just make sure your temps are in safe range, not more than 85C.

So far this is the stable bench in 3dmark firestrike

post-7316-14494999032584_thumb.jpg

core clock = 175

mem clock = 600

Do you think getting an extreme mobile proc will help increase the benchmark? By how many pts you think? Thanks

Thank you to both of you for all of your hard work and dedication to this community. Where is the tip jar?

What exact does the power limit slider effect? I understand the voltage offsets, but not sure exactly what the power limit does and how its effected by the limit I impose. I assume 100% is stock.

Thank you to both of you for all of your hard work and dedication to this community. Where is the tip jar?

What exact does the power limit slider effect? I understand the voltage offsets, but not sure exactly what the power limit does and how its effected by the limit I impose. I assume 100% is stock.

The power slider will determine the maximum power that the GPU can draw in Watts. If you overclock then you'll want to increase the power slider beyond 100%, otherwise the GPU will throttle it's clocks when it hits the 100% limit. If I had such a GPU, and my temperatures were good, then I'd just put the power slider to max to avoid any power related throttling.

• Thumbs Up 1

it seems that I've hit the limit for my 970m

175 = Core clock

600 = Mem clock

I wont touch the Power limit yet (default settings) unless you guys know the safe limits to move the slider for this one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Axel de S
      Hello guys,
      I have a GT72VR 6RE with G-sync MSI Laptop. Sadly the GPU is partially dead (artefacts all over the screen, crashes, windows detecting a damaged hardware etc...).

So I bought an other GTX1070 MXM on ebay, which was used in a Vortex G65 6RE before.
      Sadly, when I plug the new GPU in the laptop, the laptop screen stays completly off, but i can use the HDMI port. So i though that I would just have to flash the vbios to the one I was using on the GPU that died, but I couldn't because of a mismatch betwen the PCI Device ID.
      The new GPU ID is : 10DE 1BA1 - 1462 11AF and the previous GPU ID was :10DE 1BE1 - 1462 11AF
      Pretty close right? but the A1 and E1 variation are fcking everything up. I've read that 1BA1 is for non G-sync and 1BE1 is for G-sync. I've also read that the G-sync variation is not part of the card but is an external part no on the GPU board.

So now I'm wondering what can I do : is there a way to force the vbios flash or to change the PCI ID ? I really need some help here. I'm no expert and I've try as much as I could. Maybe I need to do some vbios editing but I don't really know how to do it and what to do exactly to make this work.

Thank you very much for your help guys
    • By Brian
      Well that didn't take long for NVIDIA to respond to Navi. The new 436.02 Game Ready Driver adds the following features:

Game Ready
      Provides increased performance and the optimal gaming experience for Apex Legends, Battlefield V, Forza Horizon 4, Strange Brigade, and World War Z
      Gaming Technology
      Adds Beta support for GPU Integer Scaling Adds Beta support for Ultra-Low Latency Mode Adds support for new Freestyle Sharpen Filter Adds support for new G-SYNC compatible monitors Driver release notes: https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/436.02/436.02-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

This isn't the old max pre-rendered frames setting, its supposedly a new improved algorithm that matches AMDs anti-lag feature for Navi.

Next up is support for integer scaling which Intel recently announced but it seems NVIDIA beat everyone to the punch. Unfortunately, this is only for Turing for now:

Additionally NVIDIA has created a new filter for FreeStyle simply called "Sharpen" which improves performance and visual clarity that is supposed to be on par with RSI but with much broader support and granular adjustment. According to Eurogamer, "They also point out that the amount of sharpening can be adjusted from 0 to 100 per cent, applied on a per-game basis and works with games across all major graphics APIs: DX9, DX11, DX12 and Vulkan".

Finally, the driver brings with it some game performance improvement, including very popular titles like Apex Legends which sees up to 23% boost at 1080p:

Overall a pretty solid release, it had some issues earlier when it was released with GeForce Experience being force installed but it should be remedied by now.

View full article
    • By Brian
      Well that didn't take long for NVIDIA to respond to Navi. The new 436.02 Game Ready Driver adds the following features:

Game Ready
      Provides increased performance and the optimal gaming experience for Apex Legends, Battlefield V, Forza Horizon 4, Strange Brigade, and World War Z
      Gaming Technology
      Adds Beta support for GPU Integer Scaling Adds Beta support for Ultra-Low Latency Mode Adds support for new Freestyle Sharpen Filter Adds support for new G-SYNC compatible monitors Driver release notes: https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/436.02/436.02-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

This isn't the old max pre-rendered frames setting, its supposedly a new improved algorithm that matches AMDs anti-lag feature for Navi.

Next up is support for integer scaling which Intel recently announced but it seems NVIDIA beat everyone to the punch. Unfortunately, this is only for Turing for now:

Additionally NVIDIA has created a new filter for FreeStyle simply called "Sharpen" which improves performance and visual clarity that is supposed to be on par with RSI but with much broader support and granular adjustment. According to Eurogamer, "They also point out that the amount of sharpening can be adjusted from 0 to 100 per cent, applied on a per-game basis and works with games across all major graphics APIs: DX9, DX11, DX12 and Vulkan".

Finally, the driver brings with it some game performance improvement, including very popular titles like Apex Legends which sees up to 23% boost at 1080p:

Overall a pretty solid release, it had some issues earlier when it was released with GeForce Experience being force installed but it should be remedied by now.
    • By Brian
      Following the release of NVIDIAs new 436.02 driver which I mentioned in an earlier article here, I've decided to make a quick and dirty video showing off NVIDIAs new Sharpen filter which is part of their Game Filter feature. It works with the most popular APIs including DX 9, 11, 12 and Vulkan and can be set on a per-game basis with granular settings of 0-100 unlike AMDs RIS which is limited to Navi and lacks DX 11 support.

View full article

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.