EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

Hi Klem! I wanted to unlock the bios of my M5000M, but I can't download the files. I paid for the membership, but the download still doesn't work.

47 minutes ago, g00dv1n11 said:

Hi Klem! I wanted to unlock the bios of my M5000M, but I can't download the files. I paid for the membership, but the download still doesn't work.

Hi!

Please tell me, where did you find M5000M vbios? As far as I remember, I did not post such a vbios.

17 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Please tell me, where did you find M5000M vbios? As far as I remember, I did not post such a vbios.

Oh, no, i can't upload my stock bios file. Support does not respond to my request .

5 hours ago, g00dv1n11 said:

Oh, no, i can't upload my stock bios file. Support does not respond to my request .

I answered you in PM.

The download link for mnvflash doesn't work for me, lack of permission?? Is it possible to just use normal nvflash to flash vbios?

Hi friend.

Could you also help me by unlocking my BIOS for the NVIDIA Quadro M5000M? This is my stock BIOS

11 minutes ago, Phenomx64L said:

Hi friend.

Could you also help me by unlocking my BIOS for the NVIDIA Quadro M5000M? This is my stock BIOS

Hi! 

You can post here or send me your file stock VBIOS from your M5000M. I'll take a look. 

Thank johnksss and svl7  and Klem, for your support and help in the development of programs such as this, the VBIOS the graphics cards.

A doubt, my profile, a member since 2014, I am already "Promoted", but the download of the VBIOS (OC edition' rev0.zip 1.0.0)from the 980M 8G, says that I have to pay 6.00 USD.
I question, is it really necessary to pay?
Or can I donate to the developers, on their paypal link (as I usually do)?

Big thanks, best regards

Posted (edited)

Good Evening!

I am in search of an unlocked VBIOS for my Quadro m4000m on my MS1761 Board (Medion Erazer x7815 // MSI GT 780).

It needed some modifying of the cooling unit but some cooper sheets from old coolers and some thermal adhesive made it work perfectly.

Some years ago I already tried to find solutions to break throu the boundaries of my CPU and GPU.  Because the max Temps seemed very good at around 85°C for the CPU and 75°C for the GPU.

Today I tried again and found this gem I am posting in right now!

@Klem  You seem to keep up the good work for years and I hope you can help me with my VBIOS of my M4000M!

My Goal is to finetune it with MSI AB into undervolting for small tasks and more batery life and ofcourse overvolting for getting some more power out of it for gaming and rendering.

Since I can´t upload it here yet I will wait for an answer until I will try to send you a PM.

When I am able to I will upload both Bios here so people get access to it if it is fine.

And then im gonna wait until I can download the Xonar unlocked Bios here:excitement:

Edited by Tidles
additional information

Would love some help overclocking the 980m 8gb in an Alienware 17 R3 past the +135 core clock limit. I'm assuming the vbios mods from the very beginning of this thread are no longer available. Kinda new to overclocking beyond what Nvidia Inspector has allowed me to do so any guidance on how to do all of this would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

I am in need of some information.

I modified my m4000m BIOS with the Maxwell BIOS tweaker and everything works great so far.

I have stable clocks with 1.09V at 1318 Core and 2800 Memory.

On certain programs it's running into power throttle even tho I added 14% of maximum Power on every option with 100000mw.

Is there an additional layer of protection in the Mainboard itself or did I forget something?

Today I wanted to flash the mainboard BIOS too. I have a Medion erazer x7815. It is build like the MSI GT 780. Should I take the MSI BIOS or the whitebook BIOS?

@Klem

Hi Klem 

i have a 980m gpu and i wanted to overclock it .is there a way to set power target higher other than voltage ? my gpu seems to crash at +120 even with little +25mv that nvidea inspector gives.if you think vbios would help me overclock this card better let me know and i would like you to modify for me 

here is the stock rom 

https://gofile.io/d/XKgszv

6 hours ago, neels477 said:

@Klem

Hi Klem 

i have a 980m gpu and i wanted to overclock it .is there a way to set power target higher other than voltage ? my gpu seems to crash at +120 even with little +25mv that nvidea inspector gives.if you think vbios would help me overclock this card better let me know and i would like you to modify for me 

here is the stock rom 

https://gofile.io/d/XKgszv

Hi!

GTX 980M is not the best choice for overclocking. This card is already set from the factory to almost the maximum of its capabilities. Therefore, it is possible to overclock this card only quite a bit, even with an unlocked vbios.

But in any case, If you want, I can prepare unlocked vbios for your card. Check PM.

Posted (edited)

I need some help in changing the Power Table values of my Quadro m4000m. In certain applications the card is throttling. I want to get slightly above the stock 100 Watt. Temperature never goes above 75C.

Any changes I tried led to less then 100 Watt.

I can´t figure it out.

Can anyone help me please? Or tell me at least, that its not possible...

Edited by Tidles

Posted (edited)

Hello @Klem can you please help me to unlock my GPU Vbios I have Quadro M4000M 

VBIOS LINK https://drive.google.com/file/d/14BcW7VMqErh-3eBaXoiRJoRCCp3nm5tT/view?usp=sharing

because i want to overclock my gpu and increase some voltage thank you man i appreciate your work

my email : [email protected]

thanks in advance please reply <3 

Edited by Ibrahim Waqar

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, warrimonk said:

Hi @Klem , 

I have a stock M4000M vBios that I would like to have unlocked (past +135 on cpu core, and memory frequency unlocked).

Here is the stock vBIOS : https://www.mediafire.com/file/n7myjsx0s9nxsj6/GM204-M6700.rom/file

Really appreciate your help! Thanks again.

Hi!

Ok. Your unlocked vBIOS done. Check PM.

Edited by Klem

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Khenglish
      Due to a stupid accident by me, I acquired a 980m with a chunk knocked out of the core. Not wanted to scrap a perfectly good top end PCB for parts, I wanted to replace the core. You can see the gouge in the core to the left of the TFC918.01W writing near the left edge of the die.

First I had to get the dead core off:

With no sellers on ebay selling GM204 cores, my only option was to buy a full card off ebay. With no mobile cards under $500,I had to get a desktop card. And with this much effort involved to do the repair, of course I got a 980 instead of a 970.

Below is the dead 980 I got off ebay:

You can see for some reason someone removed a bunch of components between the core and PCI-E slot. I have no idea why anyone would do this. I tried the card and it was error 43. PCB bend seemed to be too little to kill the card, so those missing components had to be it.

GPUs can be dead because someone removed or installed a heatsink wrong and broke a corner of the core off, so buying cards for cores on ebay is a gamble. This core is not even scratched:

Preheating the card prior to high heat to pull the core:

And core pulled. It survived the pull:

Next is the 980 core on the left cleaned of solder. On the right is the original 980m core:

Next I need to reball the 980 core, and lastly put it on the card. I am waiting for the BGA stencil to arrive from China. It still has not cleared US customs:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=LS022957368CN

When that shows up expect the core to be on the card in 1-2 days.

So some potential issues with this mod besides me physically messing up:

I believe that starting with Maxwell Nvidia started flashing core configuration onto the cores, like intel does with CPUID. I believe this because I found laser cuts on a GK104 for a 680m, but could not find any on two GM204 cores. In addition, Clyde figured out device IDs on the 680m and K5000m. They are set by resistor values on the PCB. The 980m has the same resistor configuration as the 680m for the lowest nibble of the Device ID (0x13D7), but all of the resistors are absent. Filling in these resistors does nothing. Resistors do exist for the 3 and D in the device ID. Flashing a 970m vBIOS on my 980m did not change the device ID or core configuration. If this data is not stored on the PCB through straps or the vBIOS, then it must be stored on the GPU core.

So I expect the card with the 980 core to report its device ID as 0x13D0. The first 12 bits pulled from the PCB, and last 4 from the core. 0x13D0 does not exist. I may possibly be able to add it to the .inf, or I may have to change the ID on the board. With the ID's 0 hardset by the core, I can only change the device ID to 0x13C0, matching that of a desktop 980.

An additional issue may be that the core may not fully enable. Clyde put a 680 core on a K5000m and never got it to unlock to 1536 CUDA cores. We never figured out why.

Lastly, there was very tough glue holding the 980m core on. When removing this glue I scraped some of the memory PCB traces. I checked with a multimeter and these traces are still intact, but if they are significantly damaged this can be problematic for memory stability. I think they are OK though, just exposed.

Due to Clyde's lack of success in getting his 680 core to fully unlock I am concerned I might not get 2048. If I don't at least I should still have a very good chip. Desktop chips are better binned than mobile chips (most 980s are over 80% ASIC quality, while most 980ms are below 70%). In addition this 980 is a Galax 980 Hall of Fame, which are supposedly binned out of the 980 chips. Having a 90%+ ASIC would be great to have. The mid 60s chips we get in the 980m suck tons of power.

I want to give a special thanks to Mr. Fox. This card was originally his. He sent me one card to mod and one to repair. I repaired the broken one and broke the working one. The broken one is the one I've been modding.

Article update: SUCCESS!
      Core finally reballed. If the mount is poor I will be very very angry...

Card cooling. New brain installed.

So it actually works with the 980m vBIOS. I tried modding too soon. I just needed to reinstall the driver. I only ran a very lightweight render test because right now the card is only running on 2 phases. I'm pulling the phase driver from my 980m now to get the 3rd phase back up.

Follow the rest of the discussion here:

• By ReverseEffect
      3dMark11 Performance Preset Benchmark: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/11262792

Required items:
      1.) Lenovo u310 (I have a Core i3 - Ivy Bridge, 8GB RAM)
      2.) 65CN99WW unwhitelisted.
      3.) eGPU (I used a EVGA GTX 750 Ti from another computer I had).
      4.) EXP GDC mPCIe Edition adapter (got from eBay - banggood seller).
      5.) ATX power supply (I used a 600W PSU from another computer I had).
      6.) USB wireless.
      7.) External monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

Steps:
      1.) Obtain and install a unwhitelisted BIOS. If you are unable to obtain a unwhitelist BIOS, I think it might be possible to bypass it with Tech Inferno Fan's Setup 1.x (may need confirmation as I haven't used it myself yet.)
      2.) Shutdown computer and remove all USB devices, ethernet cables, power cables, card reader cards.
      3.) Remove mPCIe wireless card and detach antennas.

4.) Attach EXP GDC external mPCIe cable to the former wireless slot and screw down.

5.) Attach HDMI end of the mPCIe cable adapter to the EXP GDC device.

6.) Attach graphics card to the EXP GDC device (I moved my laptop off the desk and onto the side shelf to make room on the desk for the monitor/keyboard/mouse).

7.) Using the power cable adapters that came with the EXP GDC device, I hooked in my ATX power supply's 20 pin and CPU 4 pin cables. Then hooked the other end (8 pin) into the EXP GDC device. My EVGA 750 Ti also required that I use an additional PCIe power cable (6 pin) in the top of the card.

8.) Then I attached my misc devices (HDMI monitor, USB keyboard/mouse/wireless adapter), and hooked in my PSU and powered it on (below is image of final product, also moved HDMI cable out of the way).

9.) Power on your computer and let it install the standard VGA drivers and then install your drivers (I didn't have to go in the BIOS for any graphics settings, which it doesn't have anyways, nor did I have to disable iGPU in Device Manager before the card was added).

Extra Info:
      I found that most games will play on med settings with about 45 FPS with this particular card.
      BDO: Upscale on - Anti Aliasing on - SSAO off - med settings.
      Skyrim: Med-High settings.
      Fallout 4: Med settings.

(EDIT 5/19/2016) > Images added.

• By narbardarse
      ok, so, i have a serious problem atm.
      im trying to mod my bios so that i can go past the normal overclocking limit. however, everytime i try to do it, it always says "file size does not match existing bios size!", and it's really annoying, since i had to find everything myself, as no one else online tried this on my specific model, besides me. (which surprises me, really)
      this is the guide im following:
      So this is my detailed description how I managed to mod and overclock my GTX 960M in my Lenovo Y50-70. Please note: it is very dangerous to play with the BIOS, so you need to be very careful! I take NO RESPONSIBILITY for any damage or misuse of the information below! Use it AT YOUR OWN RISK!

-------

Necessary tools:
      A. Fptw64 from Intel (9.5 or above)
      http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=75024
      B. PhoenixTool (2.50 or above)
      C. Maxwell II BIOS Tweaker (1.36)
      https://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2562/maxwell-ii-bios-tweaker-v1-36/

-------------------------

How to flash Modded BIOS:
      0. Flash the latest (3.03 now) official BIOS
      1. From Windows, start 'cmd' as Administrator and read your your BIOS via Fptw64:
         Fptw64 -d BIOS.ROM -bios
      2. Reboot, enter your BIOS and check "Enable downgrading BIOS" feature (we need to downgrade first in order to flash the modded BIOS)
      3. From Windows, downgrade to 1.13 (this is necessary because the newer BIOSes have protection against mod-ding)
      4. After reboot & reflash, start Windows, then enter standby, wait a bit, then wake up the machine
      5. Create your modded BIOS, see separate list below
      6. Start 'cmd' as Administrator and write your _modded_ BIOS via Fptw64:
         Fptw64 -f BIOS_MODDED.ROM -bios

How to create modded BIOS (point 5 above):
      5.1 Start PhoenixTool.exe from Phoenix Tool 2.50 and open your previously saved original BIOS.ROM from point #1 above
       .2 The tool analyses it and shows some messages, click OK
       .3 Now you can find your vBIOS in the "DUMP" subfolder in the folder containing your BIOS.ROM, with the file name:
          BE13645B-2C2C-44D2-A64F-0EA052C34597_1796.ROM
       .4 Create your modded vBIOS, see separate list below -> let's call it 960M_OC.MOD
       .5 Click on "Structure"
       .6 Open "EFI BIOS" tag
       .7 Open second "File Volume {7A9354D9-...}" tag
       .8 DXE Core -> Compressed Section -> Raw section -> File Volume {7A9354D9-...}
       .9 In the very long list, find the following tag (usually displayed at around 80% of the list):
          Freeform {BE13645B-2C2C-44D2-A64F-0EA052C34597}
          This is the item containing the latest vBIOS
       .10 Open the tag, then "GUID defined section", then click on Raw section. "Internal number" (in the top right corner) should be 1796 for BIOS 3.03.
       .11 Click on "Replace" and select your modded vBIOS (called 960M_OC.MOD above)
       .12 Click exit "Exit" and say Yes to "Save changes?"
       .13 Close the Phoenix Tool; now you should have your BIOS.ROM updated (the original will be saved as BIOS.ROM.OLD for safety)

How to create modded vBIOS (point 5.4 above):
      Use Maxwell II BIOS Tweaker to change BE13645B-2C2C-44D2-A64F-0EA052C34597_1796.ROM;
      5.4.1 Open the ROM
         .2 Change "Boost Clock" on "Common" tab to the new boost-ed maximum value
         .3 On "Boost table" tab, use the slider in the right bottom corner to increase your max boost-ed value to the same number
         .4 On "Boost states" tab, at P00 profile, change the MAX values in the GPC, L2C and XBAR fields to the same max boost-ed value
         .5 Save your modified BIOS and rename it to 960M_OC.MOD

(My boost-ed max value was 1359 MHz. I could then use MSI Afterburner's software tuning -> my 960M could reach 1454 MHz without voltage increase.)
      i know that it's for a different laptop, but its basically the same
      ill provide more info when im home
    • By Brentjuh2000
      Who can help me with modding and getting my 980M working?
      I replaced the M6100 that was originally in the laptop with a 980M but I can't seem to get it to work. I keep getting Code 43
      the Hardware ID : PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_15CD1028
      I heard i need to modify and INF file but i have no experience with it

The vBIOS is from MSI

• By Klem
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove witelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings, or unlocked vbios for overclock NVIDIA card, then you can post your request in this thread.

It's for Lenovo Z710, Z510 only!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.