EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

Disregard, my previous question about applying the settings.  It did not take before, but after rebooting, the settings stick when I hit apply now.

Posted (edited)

Hi @Klem and everyone!

I recently got an unlocked BIOS (full FD unlock) and I'm playing with some settings and OC. Now I'm trying to get rid of the 135mhz limit and power limit, and voltage limit on my 940MX, but i'm not getting anywhere... And I'm not quite sure if those limitation can be configured on the tweaker, or if requires a hex edit, also, there was 2 vbios that matches my current vbios version on my BIOS dump, so I don't know wich one to use.  So I would love an explanation on that, and some help on modding vBIOS, and how to properly put it back on BIOS file for flashing. Thanks!

*Edit*

The file oprom.bin is the one with the same version currently installed on my PC. I tried to mod the file with maxwell tweaker, than replaced the stock rom on BIOS file with the modified rom, flashed using FPTw, the flash was successful, but after restart non of my alteration on GPU clocks worked...

I'm uploading the 2 vBIOSes i got

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sSUsvtRaKsm0MtUymEH_Q2RUdFS4MGAE/view?usp=sharing

Edited by fairestmeat27

Posted (edited)

Master KLEM,

I have a power throttling with my Quadro M4000m from DELL;  anytime I try a benchmark or demanding application, GPU-z shows me a PerfCap reason: PWR, and that limits core clocks under 848MHz or less.

Tried overclocking it a bit, and flashed 2 different vbios from a Notebookreview forums user, but becomes a little unstable. I have seen some other Members in this topic requesting an unlocked VBios, could I ask for your help to mod mine?

Thank You

EDIT: Tried to upload my vbios (M4000m.rom), but forum shows me an error

Edited by MeGaViC78
Media upload problem

Hi Klem,

Sorry for bothering, I recently reinstalled my OS and accidently deleted the modded bios you sent me 2 years ago. I browsed into my PMs, but the file you uploaded in 2018 is not available anymore. Would you mind sending it to me again, please ? My card is a GTX 980m 4gb, in a AW15 rig from early 2015. Feel free to contact me if you need further details !

43 minutes ago, udgm said:

Hi Klem,

Sorry for bothering, I recently reinstalled my OS and accidently deleted the modded bios you sent me 2 years ago. I browsed into my PMs, but the file you uploaded in 2018 is not available anymore. Would you mind sending it to me again, please ? My card is a GTX 980m 4gb, in a AW15 rig from early 2015. Feel free to contact me if you need further details !

Hi!

Ok. I already sent you your unlocked vbios via PM.

Hi everyone! i apologize for the probably stupid question but... Someone can tell me why i can't download those files? i need ( or better i would like please :D) to download the gtx 980 - 8gb one.

Ty

5 hours ago, Zebby90 said:

Hi everyone! i apologize for the probably stupid question but... Someone can tell me why i can't download those files? i need ( or better i would like please :D) to download the gtx 980 - 8gb one.

Ty

Hi!

Please read "User Account Promotion Rules":  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

A real great work! Installed last night, a seriuos framerate stability improvement! good job! just a little question: i cannot overclock it more than +12 ( gpu and ram clock too) with MSI afterburner.. if i try, every game crash after few seconds of gameplay. there is any solution? i have an old alienware m17x r4 with A15 bios

Edited by Zebby90

Posted (edited)

Hello
I have a request, I need an unlocked bios for my Gtx 980m 4gb.
My laptop is Medion Erazer x7826 (aka MSI GT70)
Bios E1763IM7.510
Is this buckup rom made by gpu-z enough?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WnhHFWacRUGIu2qUA3qcqU8rsyaAKsUI?usp=sharing

gm204 is from gpu -z

nvfbackup980m.rom is from nvflash

Is it possible to set it in bios so that the card without a battery works at full clocks?
I have unlocked the bios in my laptop, I turned off the hybrid power, but it still drains the batteries and without a battery the card does not enter full clocks only at about 950 MHz max

p6j.png

Edited by Cherbi

Hello people. I need the Gtx 970m vbios and the Gtx 980m vbios, but I can't download it. Could someone help me please? ty

Hi @Klem,

I nuked my windows a few weeks ago - thought I'd moved all my important docs and files etc, but it seems that I accidentally deleted the modified vBios file you sent me earlier this year. It's still flashed correctly on my laptop, but if possible I'd like to have it stored somewhere on my laptop just in case I ever have to revert/retry the flash.

Sorry to be a pain, but is there any chance you would be able to send it over again?

Posted (edited)
On 8/19/2020 at 2:17 PM, Bunchie16 said:

Sorry to be a pain, but is there any chance you would be able to send it over again?

Hi!

Ok. You can download your file from this link.

Edited by Klem

Posted (edited)

Hi All, Hi @Klem

I'm looking for everywhere and i don't find a vbios rom Overcloked Dell or Alienware 17 R1 upgraded with a 970m 6gb (version 84.04.35.00.04 written on the card, from MSI I think because I found this : https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/204339/204339), this vbios work normaly on my alienware I think it is original bios of this card, I have flashed with others vbios no OC Dells found on this site for 970m 6gb, It work too, can you help me, I would like now Vbios OC faster and stable, I tried to made it with Maxwell tweaker but it don't work, my Ids Hardware is 1028 05AA,

and this one work great too (https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/206300/206300) all vbios dell 970m 6gb seems compatible with my card, I prefere this one because this is Dell Vbios

Can you give me link or send me Vbios OC compatible 970m 6gb Alienware R1 for I test it performance in game, just good for a good stability

thank you for your help

Edited by Strategeek
simplification

Posted (edited)

Hi everbody!

I read the whole topic for my "private affair", and i also need the Bios mod Master @Klem help.
I have a Lenovo Y900 with gtx980m, and i want remove the 90W power limit from it, and want to have nice OC capabilities. So, in that case, i need an unlocked VBIOS for that integrated BGA card. 

Here is 2 picture of nvflash and GPUZ:
gpuz.jpg
check.jpg

Here is the dumped VBIOS (i dont know why, but this site upload function cannot work):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ebmmNApXm8PMbPsBfc2xrXrQVToMgW0N/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for help! 

Please contact us for assistance.
Edited by PAtr0n11

1 hour ago, PAtr0n11 said:

Hi everbody!

I read the whole topic for my "private affair", and i also need the Bios mod Master @Klem help.
I have a Lenovo Y900 with gtx980m, and i want remove the 90W power limit from it, and want to have nice OC capabilities. So, in that case, i need an unlocked VBIOS for that integrated BGA card. 

Hi!

Yes, I can prepare unlocked vBIOS for your card, but you should understand that GTX 980M can be overclocked very little even with unlocked vBIOS.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Yes, I can prepare unlocked vBIOS for your card, but you should understand that GTX 980M can be overclocked very little even with unlocked vBIOS.

Hi @Klem,

Can you Help me too :(, for a VBIOS Unlocked faster for my GTX 970m 6gb with gpu and boost clock higher

I use actually this Vbios : https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/206300/206300

it work normally

Device manager informations

Compatible IDS of my card

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8
PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_0300
PCI\VEN_10DE
PCI\CC_030000
PCI\CC_0300

Hardwars IDS of my card

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_05AA1028&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_05AA1028
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&CC_0300

I would like a 970m faster but stable for gamming on alienware 17 R1

do you need another information for it ?

Thank you so much for help

Edited by Strategeek
better

14 minutes ago, Strategeek said:

Hi @Klem,

Can you Help me too :(, for a VBIOS Unlocked faster for my GTX 970m 6gb with gpu and boost clock higher

I use actually this Vbios : https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/206300/206300

it work normally

Device manager informations

Compatible IDS of my card

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8
PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_0300
PCI\VEN_10DE
PCI\CC_030000
PCI\CC_0300

Hardwars IDS of my card

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_05AA1028&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_05AA1028
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&CC_0300

I would like a 970m faster but stable for gamming on alienware 17 R1

do you need another information for it ?

Thank you so much for help

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

On 8/26/2020 at 11:11 PM, Klem said:

Hi!

Ok, maybe I didn't put it well, the most iportant thing would be for me removing the TDP limit from VBIOS. 
As i know (correct me if i'm not right), every GTX980m is a beast, but every Laptop manufacturer limits the Power, due to the high temperature, which hard to cool down.

My Y900 allows max 80-90W TDP for GTX980m, the goal would be at least 130W (with optimizations, beside of undervolting and keeping the factory clock speeds of course), that would be achieved i hope. The charger for the laptop enough, its 230W version. 
I've already set up the i7 6820k with Throttle Stop program, by lowered the a VCORE and Cache voltages, so the CPU will not build a wall against the GPU i think.

So, based on the above, can you help me? :angel:

Thanks! 

Posted (edited)

Deleted...

Edited by Klem

Posted (edited)
On 8/26/2020 at 10:53 PM, PAtr0n11 said:

Hi everbody!

Here is 2 picture of nvflash and GPUZ:

Here is the dumped VBIOS (i dont know why, but this site upload function cannot work):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ebmmNApXm8PMbPsBfc2xrXrQVToMgW0N/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for help! 

Please contact us for assistance.

Hi!

Ok. Your unlocked vBIOS done. Check PM.

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Klem I have a MX150 (rename of 940MX) and I saw that the 135MHz OC limit can be removed for 940MX, as in page 32 of this topic. Yet, the file have expired and even so, it may not be exactly compatible. I have put my stock GPU vBIOS straight from the UEFITool (Extract body) and also the current modded GPU vBIOS that I am using (95degreeC max, no power limit) into Google Drive and share the link here: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1blQagmdj1XMdm9OSNQgfm1KhqWyXTRdx/view?usp=sharing). Please modify this BIOS, many thanks. 

Edited by evnchn
Mixup of 940MX and MX150 in original post

2 hours ago, evnchn said:

@Klem I have a MX150 (rename of 940MX) and I saw that the 135MHz OC limit can be removed for 940MX, as in page 32 of this topic. Yet, the file have expired and even so, it may not be exactly compatible. I have put my stock GPU vBIOS straight from the UEFITool (Extract body) and also the current modded GPU vBIOS that I am using (95degreeC max, no power limit) into Google Drive and share the link here: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1blQagmdj1XMdm9OSNQgfm1KhqWyXTRdx/view?usp=sharing). Please modify this BIOS, many thanks. 

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.