Review: E-Win Champion Series Gaming Chair Read more... ×
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

7 minutes ago, mocji117 said:

it only lets me add the default +135 to the core, power target seems to be locked. I would like to overclock the card further the +135 on the core and memory.

Capture2.JPG

Ok. Check PM.

Ok 2 things... 

#1 Can a mod please Delete the post above mine by user jenilia122  that is a link to a very shady Filipino potential phishing site.

#2 Is anyone still modding/Unlocking Alienware 17 R3 vBios? 

Attached Files: Current vBios being used, and GPU-Z and Nvidia Inspector screencaps of the GPU.

GM204.rom

AW17R3GPU.jpg

GPUz.gif

Edited by tutsuo

On 10/13/2018 at 3:46 PM, bazza2000 said:

Hello forum first post . 

I got my hands on a Alienware 17r2 with a 980m 4gb GFX . I bought it very cheap knowing it comes with a lot throttling issues which ive dealt with via repaste and getting good setting using throttle stop , I was pointed in the direction by another forum about getting custom vbios which will help with this headache of a Alienware ,

long story short can you please help me Klem as my knowledge is limited in the vbios settings 

Thank you inadvance if you can cheers 

GM204.rom

i woud be really grateful  for a modded undervolted vbios i completely forgot abiout this post as i solved my issues by using windows 7 but as its now

EOL  ive upgraded to windows 10 and im now getting serious throttling thanks again if you can help me 

Hi there,

i have an alienware 15 980m 4gb version.i am stock with the 135+ on core .is there anyway i can get a unlocked vbios for this 980m 4gb version?

Thank you very much

5 hours ago, Hossein477 said:

Hi there,

i have an alienware 15 980m 4gb version.i am stock with the 135+ on core .is there anyway i can get a unlocked vbios for this 980m 4gb version?

Thank you very much

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Good morning,

I am in the same case as "Hossein477". I have an laptop "MSI gt72 2QE with a 980M 4go version. Is it possible to have the unlocked vbios compatible for my version ?
Bios version current : 84.04.22.00.0C
Thank you very much
Mike222
Edited by Mike222

7 hours ago, Mike222 said:
Good morning,

I am in the same case as "Hossein477". I have an laptop "MSI gt72 2QE with a 980M 4go version. Is it possible to have the unlocked vbios compatible for my version ?
Bios version current : 84.04.22.00.0C
Thank you very much
Mike222

Hi!

You can post here your original stock vBIOS. I'll take a look.