Jump to content
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

Recommended Posts

Hi Klem,

can you please unlock my current BIOS ? I have a throttle on my gpu usage (about 475mhz max when used but 1126mhz in idle with the vbios Nvidia GTX 980m - 'OC edition' rev0   ).

 

With the original bios, I have more limited by memory  clock this time, 799mhz max and 1037mhz for the gpu clock

 

1427123203_Sanstitre.thumb.jpg.631423e3b6c25896145990484166eb8c.jpg

 

 

9bu.pngc88.png

Thk a lot !

 

 

 

dell_980m_original.rom

Edited by Manu369

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Manu369 said:

I have a throttle on my gpu usage (about 475mhz max when used but 1126mhz in idle with the vbios Nvidia GTX 980m - 'OC edition' rev0   ).

Hi!

Delete all overclock in Nvidia Inspector, put all settings to default, and create new screenshot with the vbios Nvidia GTX 980m - 'OC edition' rev0 (under 3D load)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sans titre.jpg

 

It's weird it's indicated gpu clock max 541Mhz but when I don't use any 3D application, the clock bring me up to 1126Mhz

Edited by Manu369

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Manu369 said:

Sans titre.jpg

 

It's weird it's indicated gpu clock max 541Mhz but when I don't use any 3D application, the clock bring me up to 1126Mhz

I think it's not a vbios problem, may be it's hardware problem. In any case try to search in Google and download DDU utility (Nvidia drivers uninstaller), run it and completely uninstall all Nvidia drivers. Also uninstall MSI Afterburner (if it installed in your laptop) with all settings. Then download and install Nvidia drivers with enabled option "Clean Install".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly I always make this, it is possible that problem come from the nvdia driver ? What do you mean by hardware problem ? the card is broken ? I always problems with my cards, 880m with huge throttling before (never been fixed) and now this one, f*** nvidia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Manu369 said:

What do you mean by hardware problem ? 

I think that your laptop cannot provide enough power onto the MXM socket for a graphics card. This may be due to insufficient power from your Power supply, or insufficient power from the VRM's power converters on the motherboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Klem,

 

im a new member and i need help on modified vbios of my Asus ROG GL2502VT GTX970m. im trying to upload the modified vbios but there is no luck. Error has been shown on below image and Original & Modified vBios was attached. im using MaxwellBiosTweaker_1.36 for vBios modification.

 

i hope you can help me how can i upload the modified vbios and if you can share some software for vbios editor. 

 

 

 

image.png.c87eb13ba753ca5ca085133c9e7b3f32.png

 

 

BackupGM204.rom

ModifiedGM204.rom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2019 at 1:13 PM, Klem said:

I think that your laptop cannot provide enough power onto the MXM socket for a graphics card. This may be due to insufficient power from your Power supply, or insufficient power from the VRM's power converters on the motherboard.

Ummh I don't think so cause I already had this kind of problem with my old card (880m) but only with all nvidia driver after 327.23 (very old driver) now I just tested another driver just for check and as I can seen is that my gpu clock always throttle but not at 475 but 800mhz, of course I don't know where the real problem is but because I already tested several psu and because I current PSU is an 330W, I don't think that problem come from the VRM converter or this is the first time I heard that from this model of laptop, and in this case, how explain than differents drivers change the frequency of the GPU clock if I don't touch anything else ?

 

Also when I try to change the voltage or memory frequency with the vbios mod, it's doesn't change anything, it is normal ? Maybe you could check my stock bios and see i you can change something ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This BIOS mod seem really great! At the moment my 970M constantly runs at 50 degrees and it has a lot more potential. Does anyone perhaps know if this vBIOS will work on the Clevo P751DM-G? Great work and thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2018 at 1:02 AM, bitnspcs said:

Hi there, just want to confirm this will work and not brick.

 

Clevo p751dmg.  Gtx 980m 8th with rising

 

Cheers

Hi there, just want to confirm this will work and not brick.

 

Clevo p751dmg.  Gtx 980m 8gb with g-sync

 

Cheers

That's great! Did you use the default BIOS when performing this vBIOS mod?

Edited by Wibeja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  I have a ASUS G750JY gaming laptop with the 980m 8gb and a very good cooling solution . I used to mod my own vbioses on desktop when I had my 780 , but now when I opened the vbios with MaxWellBiosTweak II I don't want to risk modifying and then flashig the vbios without being 100% sure. I see in Power that all the values are on 100 , so 100 W? On desktop the rule was to not set the PCI-E to more than 75 watts, those MXM cards maybe can pull more out of that connection, altough it looks exactly like a PCI-E connector. I have an ASIC quality of 74% and right now I'm on +135mhz on core, +600mhz on mem and benching/playing games with no problems while also staying under 80 C on the gpu. I would really like to see what more I can get out of this setup. I have a delta ADP-230EB T power brick, 230 Watts and when gaming full power I measured a 184 watt draw using a ampermeter ( 230V Voltage and it measured 0.8 Amps ) . I will attach my vbios so the nice guy I see in the latest pages can mod it for me. I honestly would've liked to download the modded 980m file and learn for myself what's modified there and modify my vbios on my own, but it just won't let me download it, my account doesn't have the privilege it seems.

GM204.rom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2015 at 12:57 AM, !!!!! said:

 

Hey @Klem

Here is my Vbios of my GTX970m 3go for my MSI GS60 6QE 023FR

 

Is it possible to unlock it and to increase the boost frequency from 1037 to 1172 ( no need to change volt)

 and the stock frequency from 924 to 1059

 

thanks a lot

 

Also i tryed to change those parameter by myself using maxwellII bios tweaker but when i flash it say Bios cert 2.0 verification error

wondering if you know why and how pass that ( i used older and bypassed version of nvflash , doesnt matter)

 

Waiting for your reply

 

Nk

 

GM204.rar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Tsubaki67 said:

Hey @Klem

Here is my Vbios of my GTX970m 3go for my MSI GS60 6QE 023FR

 

Is it possible to unlock it and to increase the boost frequency from 1037 to 1172 ( no need to change volt)

 and the stock frequency from 924 to 1059

 

thanks a lot

 

Also i tryed to change those parameter by myself using maxwellII bios tweaker but when i flash it say Bios cert 2.0 verification error

wondering if you know why and how pass that ( i used older and bypassed version of nvflash , doesnt matter)

 

Waiting for your reply

 

Nk

 

GM204.rar

Hi!

To flash your modified vBIOS just use special NVFlash version v5.287 or v5.218 from this link:  https://www.overclock.net/forum/71-nvidia-drivers-overclocking-software/1521334-official-nvflash-certificate-checks-bypassed-gtx-950-960-970-980-980ti-titan-x.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Klem said:

Thanks a lot 

I already tryed those version, i think maxwellII bios tweaker is not working properly on my vbios

Can you try mod it with your programm so i can try again to see if this is the problem ?

( i also dont know how unlock things with maxwellII bios tweaker)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tsubaki67 said:

Thanks a lot 

I already tryed those version, i think maxwellII bios tweaker is not working properly on my vbios

Can you try mod it with your programm so i can try again to see if this is the problem ?

( i also dont know how unlock things with maxwellII bios tweaker)

Ok. No problems. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello can anybody unlock this bios file for OC, please? Thank you

Overcklocking does not working for VRAM and for GPU too.

I have a dell M6800. Thanks

M4000M_GM204.zip

Edited by pseudodeed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, pseudodeed said:

Hello can anybody unlock this bios file for OC, please? Thank you

Overcklocking does not working for VRAM and for GPU too.

I have a dell M6800. Thanks

M4000M_GM204.zip

Hi!

Please post here your screenshot in Nvidia Inspector utility (full window with overclocking sliders).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know how i can increase the powertarget. Please can you make me a second *.Rom with  120W Powertarget?

Thank you.

 

 

M4000MOC_NVInspector.jpg

Edited by pseudodeed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, pseudodeed said:

I dont know how i can increase the powertarget. Please can you make me a second *.Rom with  120W Powertarget?

Thank you.

 

 

M4000MOC_NVInspector.jpg

 

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Klem would you mind looking at my bios? I like to unlock power target clock and memory sliders and vore voltage if possible. Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mocji117 said:

@Klem would you mind looking at my bios? I like to unlock power target clock and memory sliders and vore voltage if possible. Thanks in advance

Hi!

Send me or post here your original stock VBIOS (from your card) and screenshot in Nvidia Inspector utility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Send me or post here your original stock VBIOS (from your card) and screenshot in Nvidia Inspector utility. 

Hope this is what you need. I'm looking for to have most of the options unlocked. Like to have the ability to change power and temperature target, core and memory slider. If is not much to ask and only if possible. Thanks so much for your time and work.

GM204.zip

Capture.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mocji117 said:

Hope this is what you need. I'm looking for to have most of the options unlocked. Like to have the ability to change power and temperature target, core and memory slider. If is not much to ask and only if possible. Thanks so much for your time and work.

GM204.zip

Capture.JPG

Ok, but as you can see on your screenshot, core and memory sliders already unlocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Klem said:

Ok, but as you can see on your screenshot, core and memory sliders already unlocked.

it only lets me add the default +135 to the core, power target seems to be locked. I would like to overclock the card further the +135 on the core and memory.

6 minutes ago, mocji117 said:

it only lets me add the default +135 to the core, power target seems to be locked. I would like to overclock the card further the +135 on the core and memory.

 

Capture2.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By blancaster
      does anyone know why a vbios file  8mb in size for nvidia k80 , myu backup bios is only 256kb
    • By IveGotRoot
      I have recently upgraded my laptop(an M6800 firepro 6100) and replaced it with an GTX 980m. Nvidia says that the latest driver(461) supports my card but i can only install up to 388.13 Ive tried to mod it but i can't figure it out. I can run the latest linux driver tho
    • By Freddyicy
      I have spent a little time in the past few days looking around this site. I would love for someone to point me in the right direction to a forum that has information that could help me out with my problem.
       
      I have a:
       
      Alienware M17XR3 
      Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
      Intel I7-2820QM 2.3
      Bios InsydeH20 Version 1.0 A12
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M
      (4x) 4 GB Ram
      samsung 2.5" 256 SSD (SATA3.0Gbps)
       
      It has been an amazing machine for the last 10+ years. Minor issues, nothing that an Alien Respawn could not fix, till now! On battery power it works just perfect.  Then I plug it in and it's all OK until I try to do anything, and then the screen goes white. The screen sometimes goes yellow, sometimes blue, but mostly white screen. It will do nothing until I do a hard reset (holding the power button till it turns off and turn it back on) with the power unplugged.  If the power is not unplugged then it will go through boot up to windows swirling dots then go white again. If I plug it in and do nothing I can charge it, unplug and continue what i was doing. I have tried a lot of solutions bouncing around the internet, and thought I was having a DC Jack connection issue (replaced the ac/dc power adapter, then the motherboard). I get a better connection now but with the same white screen result. I stumbled into this forum and I'm hoping to find solutions to my issues.  Then upgrade like so many others have.
       
      Any ideas, comments or suggestions welcome.
       
      Thank you in advance!
       
    • By MitjaStachowiak
      Hello,
      does anyone know, which is the chip holding the VBIOS-ROM on an AMD Pro-WX 7100?
       
      I've two AMD Pro WX 7100 which doesn't work. One has maybe a wrong VBIOS and gets deativated in BIOS before any system boots. The other one is not recognized by the MB so I suspect this one to be defective and un-soldered two chips, which I suspect to be the VBIOS-ROM:
       

       
      On earlier GPUs, the VBIOS was the chip closer to the GPU. But here, this chip has a bottom SMD contact which looks more like some power electronics...
      So before I start soldering on the probably working GPU - can you tell me, which actually is the VBIOS?

      Thanks.
       
       
    • By pippocarlot
      Hello everyone! I am looking for an answer to a problem I cannot find a solution to ... I purchased an Amd wx 4150 MXM GPU module su e bay to upgrade my HP 8570W Mobile Workstation which is currently equipped with a Fire Pro M4000. Once the new GPU has been installed, the PC screen no longer turns on but works only with external monitors connected via the docking station. The same happens once the drivers are updated! If I put the old card back on, the integrated monitor starts working again ... How can I fix it?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.