svl7

NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

On 05.08.2018 at 1:57 PM, apo1996 said:

hey @Klem can you take a look at my gtx970m 3gb bios(alienware 15). I wish to unlock his overclock more than the stock 135mhz on core and memory, and maybe voltage control too. Thanks.  

GM204.rom

Hi!

Your unlocked vbios done. Check PM.

2 hours ago, SaK3N said:

@Klem

Here it is.

backup.rom

Hi!

Your unlocked vbios done. Check PM.

Hi Klem !

Sorry to bother you, but I saw that you already helped several members with similar requests, so I thought that you could also help me too by any chance !

I have a 2015 release of the AW 15, 980m 4gb, bios A06 and for the last 3 years, I didn't experience any problem related with performances in-game. However, recently, i've had to face throttleling issues which, aparently, are not uncommon on this rig. Two years ago I downloaded a modded Vbios by Prema, just in case, but I'm affraid I lost the file and for some reason (which is probably a good one), Prema stopped sharing his work with the community.

If I had the skills, I would have modded my bios by myself but I'm affraid to f...up my laptop. So I figured you could help with that ?

Thanks for your pain !

980M gtx AW R1.JPG

4 hours ago, udgm said:

Hi Klem !

Sorry to bother you, but I saw that you already helped several members with similar requests, so I thought that you could also help me too by any chance !

I have a 2015 release of the AW 15, 980m 4gb, bios A06 and for the last 3 years, I didn't experience any problem related with performances in-game. However, recently, i've had to face throttleling issues which, aparently, are not uncommon on this rig. Two years ago I downloaded a modded Vbios by Prema, just in case, but I'm affraid I lost the file and for some reason (which is probably a good one), Prema stopped sharing his work with the community.

If I had the skills, I would have modded my bios by myself but I'm affraid to f...up my laptop. So I figured you could help with that ?

Thanks for your pain !

980M gtx AW R1.JPG

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Anyone got a vbios for the 980m to stop throttling in the m17xr4? Seems as though everything is private these days for some reason

GM204.rom

Edited by true2456

1 hour ago, AMXmod2X said:

Hello, Klem. I have Nvidia 840M and I can`t unlock 135Mhz limit. Could You help?

http://rgho.st/8gvyfzxjH - full BIOS, included vBIOS.

Also, extracted vBIOS:

VBIOS_840M.rom

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Hey Klem any chance I can get a hand with the 980m? I cant seem to unlock the 135 mhz cap unless lock it in the vbios.

7 hours ago, true2456 said:

Hey Klem any chance I can get a hand with the 980m? I cant seem to unlock the 135 mhz cap unless lock it in the vbios.

Hi!

You can post here your stock vbios from your 980m card, i can take a look.

9 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

You can post here your stock vbios from your 980m card, i can take a look.

I posted it a few posts up

On 04/09/2018 at 4:38 PM, true2456 said:

Anyone got a vbios for the 980m to stop throttling in the m17xr4? Seems as though everything is private these days for some reason

GM204.rom

1 hour ago, true2456 said:

I posted it a few posts up

Done. I sent it to you via PM.

Hi bud!
Hope you can help me out, this problem is driving me crazy. So, short history, I have an Alienware 17 R2 with the 980m. The battery died, and so my pc is shuting down because i have the 180W ac adapter. Although i flashed the A00 version of the BIOS on my pc, it's still shutting down, so i would like to ask you a real real favor, to unlock my vBIOS so i can perform a proper undervolting please, an d i will try to low the power consumption too. Have a great day! Hope i can get a response. 

GM204.rom

On 18/09/2018 at 1:57 PM, megaproducer said:

Hi bud!
Hope you can help me out, this problem is driving me crazy. So, short history, I have an Alienware 17 R2 with the 980m. The battery died, and so my pc is shuting down because i have the 180W ac adapter. Although i flashed the A00 version of the BIOS on my pc, it's still shutting down, so i would like to ask you a real real favor, to unlock my vBIOS so i can perform a proper undervolting please, an d i will try to low the power consumption too. Have a great day! Hope i can get a response. 

GM204.rom

I had a similar problem and it was only fixed by getting a new adapter

Hi there, 

Is the BIOS on the first post compatible with my Alienware 17 R3 980m 8GB by any chance? 

I attached my current bios in any case. 

Thank you.

GM204.rom

Edit: 

@Klem Can i get an answer from you regarding my question please before i buy membership to be able to download it? 

Thanks so much.

Edited by ovydiu1

On 23.09.2018 at 2:20 PM, ovydiu1 said:

Is the BIOS on the first post compatible with my Alienware 17 R3 980m 8GB by any chance? 

Hi!

No, Alienware17 R3 GTX 980m 8 gb uses a BGA GTX 980m 8gb, not a MXM, so the vbios from the first page doesn't work with your laptop.

8 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

No, Alienware17 R3 GTX 980m 8 gb uses a BGA GTX 980m 8gb, not a MXM, so the vbios from the first page doesn't work with your laptop.

Hi, 

Oh i see so would it be possible then for you to help me out to unlock the vBios ? I want to give it a try over 135Mhz.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, ovydiu1 said:

Hi, 

Oh i see so would it be possible then for you to help me out to unlock the vBios ? I want to give it a try over 135Mhz.

Thank you!

Your vbios mod done. Check PM.

Dear Klem, 

can you unlock my vbios (Clevo 980m vsync) so I can raise power and temp target as well as can you undervolt it to 0.987v?

thank you so much in advance!

here is my vbios:

183806.rom

Hello forum first post . 

I got my hands on a Alienware 17r2 with a 980m 4gb GFX . I bought it very cheap knowing it comes with a lot throttling issues which ive dealt with via repaste and getting good setting using throttle stop , I was pointed in the direction by another forum about getting custom vbios which will help with this headache of a Alienware ,

long story short can you please help me Klem as my knowledge is limited in the vbios settings 

Thank you inadvance if you can cheers 

GM204.rom