svl7

NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

9 hours ago, steven005140 said:

is there any unlocked VBIOS for my MSI ge62 2qf, gtx970m 3gb?

thanks for your help!

No, but we can make it.

Edited by Klem

@Klem @johnksss huge thanks for the vbios. Also huge thanks to @J95 for the driver mod inf.  you guys are the reason I love this forum! I am changing my gpu in the near future, but before I do, Im having some stability issues with the 1.0v on the 980m vbios from the first post. When I bump the voltage up to 1.025 I get full stability. My asic quality is 81.3%. (quite good from what I understand.) long story short, is there any way one of you can quickly mod the original 980m vbios from this thread for me to default to 1.025v.  I fully intend to pay in beer! 

Thanks!

On ‎22‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 9:11 AM, loafer987 said:

@Klem @johnksss huge thanks for the vbios. Also huge thanks to @J95 for the driver mod inf.  you guys are the reason I love this forum! I am changing my gpu in the near future, but before I do, Im having some stability issues with the 1.0v on the 980m vbios from the first post. When I bump the voltage up to 1.025 I get full stability. My asic quality is 81.3%. (quite good from what I understand.) long story short, is there any way one of you can quickly mod the original 980m vbios from this thread for me to default to 1.025v.  I fully intend to pay in beer! 

Thanks!

This is for you.

980M_1025V.zip

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, steven005140 said:

@Klem hey, you said above that it's possible to create unlocked VBIOS for my MSI ge62 2qf, gtx970m 3gb

how do I go about doing it?

Send me your file stock vbios via PM. I'll look at it.

On ‎07‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 11:38 PM, mclarke2355 said:

@Klem

Hi,

would you be so kind to unlock the VBios of the 940MX graphics card for me?
It's from a Lenovo T560 notebook.

940MX VBIOS.rar

Hi!

Done.

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Done.

940MX VBIOS.rar

Thank you very much!

The VBios works fine, but sadly the 135MHz OC-limit is still in place for me (see screenshot).

I'm using this VBios with a Nvidia 840M GPU as both cards have the same chip/are just differing in clocks (IDs adapted, graphics are working fine) and I wanted to have the greater boost table.

Also (unlike this 940MX VBios) the original 840M VBios had a hard lock at 900MHz memory clock that I couldn't change with the Maxwell Bios Tweaker.

Do you have another idea on how to remove the limit?

NvidiaInspector.png

Ok. Try this variant.

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Klem said:

Ok. Try this variant.

940MX VBIOS.rar

This one actually removed the 135MHz-limit for me. Thank you so much!

I'll send you a donation in the next few days for the great work.

If you don't mind and if it's possible, could you also unlock the power- and temperature-target sliders and make the voltage slider usable (voltages aren't applied currently)?

NvidiaInspector_2.png

15 hours ago, mclarke2355 said:

If you don't mind and if it's possible, could you also unlock the power- and temperature-target sliders and make the voltage slider usable (voltages aren't applied currently)?

Power Target and Power Limit now already unlocked and set to unlimited, and now it not necessarily to regulate. Voltage slider already unlocked, but if voltages settings aren't applied currently, try this things:

1. Completely uninstall MSI Afterburner with all settings. Reboot laptop.

2. Download and install the program DDU (NVIDIA drivers uninstaller). Run it and completely uninstall all NVIDIA drivers. Reboot laptop.

3. Download and install NVIDIA drivers 359.06 version. Install it with option "Clean Install". Reboot laptop.

Then you can start overclock your card. For overclock use NVIDIA Inspector.

Hi,

I have a Proteus II laptop with a 970m 6gb version. Probably one of the rarer laptops going around so pretty certain I won't be able to find a flashed bios for my setup. Motherboard is made by Quanta, type NL8B if that's any help. Would you be able to help please?

Hello , i have a Lenovo Ideapad 510 with Nvidia Geforce 940mx 4Gb ddr3 .

The vbios has locked temp priority at 61 °C and it cannot be changed ( It's a nightmare for running games cuz  as soon as the temp reaches 61 degrees the gpu stops working properly ). it sounds the only way to solve the issue is flashing bios .

the problem is i can't extract my vbios via  " gpu-Z " . when i want to save the bios this error appears : " bios reading not supported on this device "

i know how to use nvflash but i can't access my bios file. anyone have the original bios for this vga ? it would mean a world to me if you help me .

thanks     

Untitled.jpg

11.jpg

Edited by masoud.l91

can this be done with nvflash? I don't have mnvflash.

Will this work on a 2013 Alienware 17 with 120 Hz screen? I have a G-sync enabled (1617 type) GTX 980M I bought on ebay, it's not working on my Alienware. Cannot find BIOS for it. I flashed a few 1617 type vBIOS'es I found on techpowerup but it's the same problem. Windows starts (only if something's plugged to HDMI outlet) but the graphics card is not recognized.

Hello guys ;)

I may need a vbios mod.

My GTX 970M wants to give more performance :D

It's a 3gigs, no g-sync, MXM, MSI :)

Thanks !

GM204.rom

Edited by sasuke256

Hello all,

can somebody unlock my Vbios please, i think i have massive throttling in there i attach it in my post.

greatings from germany

GM204.rom

1 hour ago, Spaceway said:

@Klem,Hi can you unlock my vbios and remove 135mhz OC limit , please.

840m.rom

Send me the file backup of your bios via PM. I'll look at it.

For creating backup of bios use attached program. Unzip attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the program as Administrator (right click mouse). Program will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Send me this archive "results" via PM.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

Is there a 980m vBIOS for a Sager NP8268-s that allows for undervolting the GPU?

I am getting major stutters during gameplay at stock clocks using Premas vBIOS v2 and I cannot drop the voltage to compensate.

Any suggestions?

Hello!

Marry Xmas!

I wish a vBIOS for my SLI of GTX 980M

MSI GT80S 6QE

S3O6ndN.jpg

with stock vbios I can play at games like r6 tf2 and bf1 at +135 on gpu (as usual the stock limit) and +400 on vram

I would like to perform better. Thank you! <3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ounces
      After spending significant time and effort to obtain "DC" screen for 8770w (which is essentially a regular IPS panel with fancy board that converts 8bpc LVDS to 10bpc DP), I have finally got and installed one. All works great, except of the one problem...

It has pretty bad banding / posterization in lower shadows. I have tried profiling it in different modes (full range, sRGB, rec709) - issue persists, and it indeed shows only in the lowest part of the characteristic curve. Mids and highlights are represented fine and show low deviation from reference values.

GPU is HP K4000M, Nvidia drivers installed "as it is", video-card is identified without a hitch.
      Banding was not present with the original TN panel using the same GPU.

While checking a software side, I have noticed that Win10 has bit depth set to 8-bit...

My initial reaction was, - "Easy, let's change it in `nvidia-settings` and we're all set":

...but that would be too easy, right? After selecting 10bpc and clicking "Apply" screen went off and back on, only to show that depth stayed at 8bpc. Repeating the above few times yielded exactly the same result and I'm not in a hurry to meet a cliched (and laymen) definition of insanity.

Let's check GPU-Z. So far so good, nothing unusual. Notice the highlighted BIOS version and subvendor string:

Time to delve into other tabs. We are running WDDDM v2.4 which supports GPU dithering, but hey... BIOS version has changed!

Briefly back to `nvidia-settings` to check what is reported by vendor's own utility:

So far, we have two strings for BIOS version:
      80.04.5A.00.02 (let's call it an "A") 80.4.33.0.37 (let's call it a "B")  
      Notice how 2nd one seems to not follow hexademical notation. Lastly, "NVIDIA BIOS" drop-down, reports "A" version:

...and monitor section which confirms that rig is indeed capable of 10bpc, but currently running at mere 8bpc:

Windows "Adapter settings", reports version "B". It's 2019, diversity is a must.

"NVidia inspector" is of the same opinion:

Now, let's use some seriously legit tools and check-in exported BIOS file in `nvflash`:

Here we have two three interesting findings:
      Reported vendor is Dell, not an HP. See this link for details. BIOS version is back to "A". Have I already mentioned diversity? MXM module uses MX25L2005 flash storage in WSON-8 packaging. If things go real nasty, we should be able to rescue a patient via Pomona clip and external programmer.  
      Loading the same file in "Kepler BIOS tweaker" confirms the facts:

EDID settings, courtesy of NVidia Control Panel. Hex dump can be found at the bottom of this post.
      ...Shall I be worried about "60.02Hz" refresh rate?

To summarize:
      Why two different BIOS versions are reported? Anything to do with UEFI (e.g. HP is sideloading its own during boot)?.. Why two different vendors reported? As far as I remember, this is branded HP GPU. Where to get "clean" BIOS of K4000M for future experiments? Ideally from 8770w equipped with "DreamColor" panel from a factory.  
      Link to the dumps, BIOS ROM and monitor EDID: https://mega.nz/#F!zGgRmQIL!9q2QFZtHuK2RQ-WHXMA4Mg (also attached to this post)
      K4000M.zip
    • By Blocker35
      Hi guys, bit of a rookie to the whole EGPU scene. Currently I have:

- MacBook Pro 2015 13inch (3.1GHz Core i7 16GB RAM)
      - Razer X Core 
      - Apple TB3 to TB2 Adapter
      -  TB2 Cable (Cable Matters)
      - 23inch AOC External Monitor

I am wonder about what graphics card to get to run X-Plane11 with high graphic settings?
      I have purgewrangler set up and ready to use with an AMD graphics card, but am also open to the idea of an Nvidia graphics card.
      Any advice appreciated. I did not buy a Windows PC as I need a Mac for various other things and wanted an all-in-one laptop.
    • By IAmSteveRogers
      I have been attempting to change my boost clocks values for the longest time, though I've been unsuccessful. I managed to flash my modded BIOS, though no changes seem to have had happened, along with no errors either. Here's all the stuff I used and was able to get. If someone is able to help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.
    • By Edrc
      Hello,

I am new on this forum, so I am sorry if posting at the wrong place. It's been 2 weeks that I am searching how to make my GTX 980M 8GB working Inside my Alienware 17 R1 (June 2014, i7 4710MQ, 60 Herts Display, OPTIMUS and the GTX 880M Inside died.)
      After "quickly" looking some forums, I saw that a 980M would easily fit Inside … but maybe I was wrong.

Hardware wasn't a problem. I've also could install drivers by modding the nvdmi or nvcvi. inf files. The card was recognied BUT :
      the clock speed is locked a 135 or 405 Mherts and fan is not runing when booted up.
      I tried to flash vBios with nvflash and some ROM I found on vBios collection … but no way to get this working properly.

So, i'm coming here. I've seen many people talking about Prema or svl7 or other big boss in the place … but ? how ? where ? when ?

Inside the peripherial manager I have this in remote acces path : PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1617&SUBSYS_05AA1028&REV_A1\4&D590A51&0&0008
      So I assume my GTX 980M card ID is 1617 and vendor and PC Model are 05AA 1028.
      But near the "Standard Microsoft Video Card" there is a yellow exclamation point and Inside details it says "this peripherial doesn't work properly" when no Nvidia drivers installed.
      I could find some vBios with 1617 (Asus) but black screen at boot up. Since laptop model where not the same .. probably.
      And I wasn't able to find 1617 with the existing 05AA 1028 … as the GTX 980M was not an option for my model. (AW 17 R1 2014 ,60Herts)
      I tried 353.60, 382.33 and 419.35 drivers. The latest one seems easier to install but longer.

BIOS is A16 from Dell. And I am using Windows 10. Got a Dell 330W brick. 

I saw a guy with the exact model as me, he gets a modded vBios especially for his configuration, then everything worked easily … but can't find the topic again

I guess depending on the card info and the laptop model … a dedicated vBios is required … 

So, If anyone here got some informations or any kind of help for me, it would be very nice.

Thanks for reading and help.  

PS: there are a lot of files, pictures and links that I can't see on this forum .. even after registration …. 

• By Kel
      I got the exp gdc beast 8.5 got all the connections right... laptop boots up... fans turn on the gpu.... device manager detects gtx 1060 with a “ ! “ in a yellow triangle. Now what to do.... i tried to do the bios mod.... but realised that i have 3.07 version. 
      Questions-
      1 is there any way to get this done without the mod?? 
      2 if mod is the only way... kindly help me with step by step instruction in laymans terms... i m not a techy... so i might not understand technical terms.... altho i am interested... but learning yet. Please help. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.