NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

For GTX 980M (Clevo model) is there a bios that allows you to undervolt while still maintaining the advantage that prema / svl7 put into the standard voltage version?

I need to use it in an M15x, which needs undervolting if the GPU were not to overheat.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
22 hours ago, M4X1mumG said:

Hello!

Can you unlock/oc a bit the Asus G752 GTX980M 8Gb vBIOS? I have attached the original vBIOS. (saved with GPU-z).  I would pay a few beer by donation for the help :)

ASUSG752GM204.rom

Done. Check your PM.

Hello guys, svl7 and Klem,

I would like to get full control of my gtx970m in my GT72 Dominator 6QD. I really don't need a crazy high overclock or modded vBios. I am having throttling issues with the stock vBios I'm on now. Even just trying to overclock to 1172mhz on the core with Nvidia Inspector it throttles down to around 1100mhz and won't stay at the 1172mhz. I just need to give it a little more headroom or Power Limit adjustment so I'm not throttling down with such a low overclock setting. I would be MORE THAN HAPPY with just being able to run 1200mhz on the core, and still run +500mhz on my memory (which I can do now with no issues).. Or possible being able to run 1250mhz on the core would be awesome!! Maybe with a little voltage bump of say +37mv - +50mv extra. I use +25mv with nvidia inspector now and never had a issue, I just get throttling down and it shouldn't at all because my temps are well below 70c even when fully stressed or gaming.

I was tying to do this a couple month ago but haven't had time to mess with it, but now I am getting a little more time and would like to continue.

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to assist me with.

Hambone :)

• Bios Modder
35 minutes ago, Hambone07si said:

Hello guys, svl7 and Klem,

I would like to get full control of my gtx970m in my GT72 Dominator 6QD. I really don't need a crazy high overclock or modded vBios. I am having throttling issues with the stock vBios I'm on now. Even just trying to overclock to 1172mhz on the core with Nvidia Inspector it throttles down to around 1100mhz and won't stay at the 1172mhz. I just need to give it a little more headroom or Power Limit adjustment so I'm not throttling down with such a low overclock setting. I would be MORE THAN HAPPY with just being able to run 1200mhz on the core, and still run +500mhz on my memory (which I can do now with no issues).. Or possible being able to run 1250mhz on the core would be awesome!! Maybe with a little voltage bump of say +37mv - +50mv extra. I use +25mv with nvidia inspector now and never had a issue, I just get throttling down and it shouldn't at all because my temps are well below 70c even when fully stressed or gaming.

I was tying to do this a couple month ago but haven't had time to mess with it, but now I am getting a little more time and would like to continue.

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to assist me with.

Hambone :)

Hi!

In your case just use Prema Mod  vBIOS for MSI GT60/GT70: 

1 hour ago, Klem said:

Hi!

In your case just use Prema Mod  vBIOS for MSI GT60/GT70: 

What's up Klem, how have you been? It's been a little while since we talked last. Hope everything is going well for you bud. Thanks for responding quickly!!

I see that it says it's for the 6gb version of the 970m. Mine is only the 3gb 970m and it's a MXM gpu as well. Is there a different one that  I should use for my gpu? I read on TI that if you use a 6gb vBios on a 3gb card it doesn't work well and acts weird. Is this true or no? This laptop is also my work pc that I use there so I just have to be careful that I'm not going to brick anything by chance. If I get a good vBios that will work well, I will definitely flash to it and hope my throttling goes away. Just being able to run at 1172mhz (+135 core) and not have any throttling issues at all should give me plenty of performance that  I'm looking for, especially with the memory running +500mhz too. But man would I just love to be able to run 1250mhz on the core :)

I looked at the vBios you linked me there and it says for the GT60 / GT70 models and to not use for any other model at all. Mine is the GT72. Is this ok? Seems that it could go both ways if the GT70 meant any model in the GT70 range (70-79) ??? Just makingsure lol

Edited by Hambone07si

16 hours ago, Klem said:

Oh... sorry, if your card with 3Gb memory, then you need another mod vbios.

Ok, is there a 3gb vBios that you know of that is like the other one you linked me? I really just need some extra Power Limit overhead so I don't throttle, but if it allows me to overclock the core to around 1200-1250mhz that would be great too. I just don't want any of my TDP or voltage adjusted without me doing so with a slider. I want my card to be able to run as is at stock settings and let me adjust via sliders so I can SAFELY bring it up with no issues until I'm happy. My cooling on the GT72 is amazing and I don't even go into the 70c range at all and that's with auto fan speed. If I do enable the 100% fans it then stays in the low to mid 50's.

Klem, I would love to flash to a very safe vBios if I could and as you know, I will buy you a few beers as I did before. I made sure you had more than just 1 to drink. Beers are like potato chips, 1 is never enough LOL. I will gladly buy you a couple beers again, and possible a shot of something top shelf too if I can get a vBios that I'm looking for.

Thanks buddy!! Always appreciated :)

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, Hambone07si said:

Ok, is there a 3gb vBios that you know of that is like the other one you linked me? I really just need some extra Power Limit overhead so I don't throttle, but if it allows me to overclock the core to around 1200-1250mhz that would be great too. I just don't want any of my TDP or voltage adjusted without me doing so with a slider. I want my card to be able to run as is at stock settings and let me adjust via sliders so I can SAFELY bring it up with no issues until I'm happy. My cooling on the GT72 is amazing and I don't even go into the 70c range at all and that's with auto fan speed. If I do enable the 100% fans it then stays in the low to mid 50's.

Klem, I would love to flash to a very safe vBios if I could and as you know, I will buy you a few beers as I did before. I made sure you had more than just 1 to drink. Beers are like potato chips, 1 is never enough LOL. I will gladly buy you a couple beers again, and possible a shot of something top shelf too if I can get a vBios that I'm looking for.

Thanks buddy!! Always appreciated :)

Ok. Send me your stock vbios.

1 hour ago, Klem said:

Ok. Send me your stock vbios.

Here is my stock vBios.

Please just adjust so I can add a little more clock speed,

1300mhz would be plenty on the core.

1.212v would be nice, but only if I can adjust with the slider. I don't want it to be forced at 1.212v all the time. I want to be able to run stock volts too.

Power Limit to be adjustable by me so I don't throttle anymore.

Thanks buddy!!

GM204.zip

• Bios Modder
4 hours ago, Hambone07si said:

Here is my stock vBios.

Please just adjust so I can add a little more clock speed,

1300mhz would be plenty on the core.

1.212v would be nice, but only if I can adjust with the slider. I don't want it to be forced at 1.212v all the time. I want to be able to run stock volts too.

Power Limit to be adjustable by me so I don't throttle anymore.

Thanks buddy!!

GM204.zip

Check your PM.

Hi guys, need your help regarding my newly installed GTX 980m. Here are my specs:

Alienware 17 R1 120hz

16gb RAM

GTX 980m 8gb

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

Driver 364.72

Installation went well and I was able to install drivers but when I try to bench on games and play games the core clock of the 980m stays at 301Mhz. The guy I got the card from said that the vbios was flashed,  just not sure what vbios. When I try to run games and do in-game benchmarks the gpu clock of the 980m only reaches up to 301Mhz though the memory reaches what is stated in GPU-z and Inspector. The results are frame rates that never exceed 30 fps. Is there something wrong with the card or is this related to the OS. Though I've seen someone with Win10 and 980m in a Ranger everything working. I'll try the vbios in the first page once i get access to them. Any input is very much appreciated. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2016 at 9:46 AM, Geejign said:

^^^

GPU-z sensors detect clocks but in-game the clocks only reach 301 Mhz... I was informed that the card was flashed with svl's vbios. I wish someone can help me figure out what is up with the crad....

I have an R1 ranger, on win 10 64bit. Im running this vbios with my 980m 8gb clevo version. Worked perfect for me. I am running in dedicated mode because of my 120hz lcd.  My guess is you arent running off the 980m at all. your game appears to be loading on the intel gpu. try switching to dedicated graphics mode (Fn+F5) reinstalling the drivers in dedicated mode. Use the mobile 364.72 drivers from the nvidia website and this .inf mod https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/4906-alienware-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf/&do=findComment&comment=140834

You'll lose battery life capabilities of your machine but the benefit is worth it.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8422266

My firestrike score at completely stock clocks.

Hope this helps good luck!

@klem @svl7 ... Hey guys I downloaded before and have been using the GTX880m vBios mod ever since. Now when I try to download this for my new GTX980m it says I don't have permission. So what's wrong?

• Founder
18 minutes ago, Dewy said:

@klem @svl7 ... Hey guys I downloaded before and have been using the GTX880m vBios mod ever since. Now when I try to download this for my new GTX980m it says I don't have permission. So what's wrong?

You shouldn't have any issues as your account is promoted.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey,

can i use this VBIOS Mod for the 6GB 970M Gtx on an Acer 91-791 Predator Notebook?

I´m not sure what happens when it fails, can i flash then the stock bios back when i safe it before?

Hope u can answer me :)

23 hours ago, Arveenos said:

Hey,

can i use this VBIOS Mod for the 6GB 970M Gtx on an Acer 91-791 Predator Notebook?

I´m not sure what happens when it fails, can i flash then the stock bios back when i safe it before?

I'd like this too, is it possible? :)

On 6/20/2016 at 5:40 AM, Arveenos said:

Hey,

1 hour ago, flashgear said:

I'd like this too, is it possible? :)

Looks like the Predator is a BGA model, so I am pretty certain using the vBIOS for MXM has potential to brick your system. @Prema or @Klem may have a BGA 970M vBIOS that will work, but you need to be very careful. Unlike MXM there may be no opportunity for recovery, or recovering becomes far more complicated when important things are permanently soldered to the motherboard. You basically get one shot, so it needs to count. If something goes wrong, you've got a huge mess and no warranty to pay for it. Some of the OEMs that use BGA do some really retarded things like incorporate the vBIOS into the sBIOS and a generic mod will not work for them at all. I am not sure if Acer took that approach or not... hopefully they didn't do 'a Lenovo' on us. I've tagged Prema and Klem, so perhaps they can confirm whether there is a vBIOS ready to go that will work for you. You may want to dump your own vBIOS with GPU-Z and post it for examination. You need to have a backup copy of it anyway, so why not post it as a zip attachment here so it will be easy for you or others to find later, should you need it.

IMG_4939.jpg