NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

it seems that I've hit the limit for my 970m

175 = Core clock

600 = Mem clock

I wont touch the Power limit yet (default settings) unless you guys know the safe limits to move the slider for this one.

970M hardly draws any power, so probably safe to increase power slider dramatically, although the 970M does seem to have one less inductor than the 980M - does that mean that the 970M will have a limited power supply capability, not sure it's related to power supply, any ideas anyone? If that is the case, then maybe it won't be able to process safely quite as many Watts as the 980M - just a theory.

This is strange when playing dirt3 (although this game is a bit old) with same core and mem speeds.. The stock vbios (clevo)..fraps reaches 100 fps and up. With vmodded bios fraps reaches 40-50 fps only.. I don't know what's unlock with the modded vbios...

This is strange when playing dirt3 (although this game is a bit old) with same core and mem speeds.. The stock vbios (clevo)..fraps reaches 100 fps and up. With vmodded bios fraps reaches 40-50 fps only.. I don't know what's unlock with the modded vbios...

Monitor actual clocks & GPU usage during gaming using something like GPUz to determine where the difference lies. (Ensure that game is actually being run on NVidia dedicated GPU and not on the Intel GPU).

P370EM 980M with 344.65 failed to flash

post-23501-14494999038576_thumb.jpg

I disabled my GPU. I think maybe the reason is editing driver? I can OC up to 135MHz now. Could you please check this for me?

I'll try to do this again in driver signature disabled mode

Update: Still error

Monitor actual clocks & GPU usage during gaming using something like GPUz to determine where the difference lies. (Ensure that game is actually being run on NVidia dedicated GPU and not on the Intel GPU).

The game is definitely running with 970m at ultra settings. if it where to run on intel gpu then the game is not playable at ultra settings and will only run between 1 - 5fps.

With the stock vbios (clevo) the fps is high, running between 100fps and up. With the vmodded vbios the fps runs at 40 - 50 fps only both run at the same core and mem frequency and at ultra settings.

The game is definitely running with 970m at ultra settings. if it where to run on intel gpu then the game is not playable at ultra settings and will only run between 1 - 5fps.

With the stock vbios (clevo) the fps is high, running between 100fps and up. With the vmodded vbios the fps runs at 40 - 50 fps only both run at the same core and mem frequency and at ultra settings.

Fine, good, did you monitor the actual real time frequencies being used though during gaming - that was my point. To some extent it doesn't matter what you set the clocks to, if the GPU is not running those clocks during gaming then you're not gonna get the performance. Measure the actual clocks being used during gaming & what the GPU usage is - this will give you some indication as to what's going on.

P370EM 980M with 344.65 failed to flash

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13505[/ATTACH]

I disabled my GPU. I think maybe the reason is editing driver? I can OC up to 135MHz now. Could you please check this for me?

I'll try to do this again in driver signature disabled mode

Update: Still error

Use the nflash version supplied in the OP.

This is strange when playing dirt3 (although this game is a bit old) with same core and mem speeds.. The stock vbios (clevo)..fraps reaches 100 fps and up. With vmodded bios fraps reaches 40-50 fps only..

"It doesn't work" is no information I could work with, at all. At least let me see some graphs of nvidia inspector, including power levels. You need to provide information that is actually meaningful. I can't test all systems, it seems to work perfectly fine in the M15x and the P570WM, single and dual card.

Svl7, I should have no problems flashing this on my Clevo 970M vBIOS version 84.04.22.00.11 right? I'm currently in Optimus mode so if I disable the 970M and follow the steps you said, I will be able to flash it right? Sorry if noob question, I have never flashed a NVIDIA GPU before :)

Oh very sorry, I have an Alienware M17x R4 with 3940XM and GTX970M.. Apologies, I don't have my specs in signature.. Will add it in now..

Uhm, switch to SG, boot with Intel HD and then flash.

Uhm, switch to SG, boot with Intel HD and then flash.

I don't have unlocked BIOS.. I'm currently in Optimus mode so I should be booting from the Intel iGPU right? I will disable the 970M and enabled Legacy and flash.. Mikecacho who upgraded the R4 with the 980M is saying that this should be fine and he has done so... Am probing him more about this.. Also godfakr, what throttling is occuring in the R4? Could you be more clear about it? I've had 0 thorttling while Ocing the 970M in the R4...