NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

Thank you so much for the 980m Ocd edtion.. However, I am also getting random crashes when playing games... Something like driver crashes and recovered.. tried 3 different drivers same result.. but if i downclock my core mhz 1126.. the crashes is gone... really cant enjoy the 1202mhz hehehe.. Thanks!! My specs are : AW 17 98m0 clevo

You could do as Prema said. Or: Have you tried giving your card a little more voltage? svl7`s version is undervolted by default to 1.000v instead of the usual 1.037v. Best regards

phila

Finally got it to work.

If you are using a AW 17, make sure you disable Secure Boot before Enabling the Legacy Rom Option.

And then make sure Windows Defender is disabled or atleast has the mnvflash executable as an exception.

Thank you very much, I was barely able to score mid 9k before the VBIOS update, I have a 330W power supply coming to alleviate the burden from my old 240w.

post-33687-14494999600746_thumb.jpg

Hey guys, was the vbios on the OP from a dell card ? I suspect it could be from a clevo ?

I installed a clevo gtx 970m on my m17x r2 but colors are messed up , other than that the card is fully working so though of giving this vbios a shot.

(colors messed up - same as hd 5870m with a1 vbios on m15x )

thanks

Hey guys, was the vbios on the OP from a dell card ? I suspect it could be from a clevo ?

I installed a clevo gtx 970m on my m17x r2 but colors are messed up , other than that the card is fully working so though of giving this vbios a shot.

(colors messed up - same as hd 5870m with a1 vbios on m15x )

thanks

I would use Prema's vbios on Clevo machines. I'm not sure what base was used to make svl's but Clevo machines can be really picky about the vbios you use.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I am having issues flashing my Alienware 17 with a GTX 980M from hidevolution. Everytime I open mnvflash the program crashes...

What do you mean by crashing, what is the error?

If you have nVidia drivers installed, I would grab DDU and uninstall them in safe mode first then reboot back to regular Windows, disable any anti-virus or other security software, close all apps, and try it that way.

What do you mean by crashing, what is the error?

If you have nVidia drivers installed, I would grab DDU and uninstall them in safe mode first then reboot back to regular Windows, disable any anti-virus or other security software, close all apps, and try it that way.

As in I press enter twice for continue then the windows simply disappears...

I'm going to try to uninstall the drivers in safe mode then reinstall... I'm uising mr. fox's desktop drivers.

As in I press enter twice for continue then the windows simply disappears...

Make a directory in the root of your C drive called flash, copy mnvflash, its sys files, and the ROM to that directory then open up the start menu, type cmd, right-click run as administrator, type cd c:\flash, then mnvflash -i0 -6 romname and see if that works.

Make a directory in the root of your C drive called flash, copy mnvflash, its sys files, and the ROM to that directory then open up the start menu, type cmd, right-click run as administrator, type cd c:\flash, then mnvflash -i0 -6 romname and see if that works.

post-4205-14494999665683_thumb.png

This is what I get. With the 980M disabled.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14355[/ATTACH]

This is what I get. With the 980M disabled.

Can you run DDU to remove the drivers completely and try it? Also what does mnvflash --list show? You can flash without the -i0 and see if that makes a difference.

Can you run DDU to remove the drivers completely and try it? Also what does mnvflash --list show? You can flash without the -i0 and see if that makes a difference.

Fixed just had to wait a couple ore seconds lol...

Now moving on to the drivers... Which drivers and what .inf file do I need to change to enable overclocking haha.

Fixed just had to wait a couple ore seconds lol...

Now moving on to the drivers... Which drivers and what .inf file do I need to change to enable overclocking haha.

Lol! Not patient enough eh?

Any driver under 347 works with overclocking. I personally use 344.75, I didn't need a modded INF. Mr. Fox's desktop mod is fine too.

With 345.20 nvidia has oc reenabled again as well.

Best regards

phila

345.20 may have a newer date but it's essentially 344.75 with a few small changes. It doesn't have the performance boost that 347 gave, rumor is new drivers on the 16th.

345.20 may have a newer date but it's essentially 344.75 with a few small changes. It doesn't have the performance boost that 347 gave, rumor is new drivers on the 16th.

May be. I did not notice any performace impact. I even scored a little higher in 3D Mark... But it my well be system dependant.

Best regards

phila

May be. I did not notice any performace impact. I even scored a little higher in 3D Mark... But it my well be system dependant.

Best regards

phila

There's no maybe about it. Read the release notes. They applied some security hot fixes to 344.75 and made that new release.

Alright, gonna start trying overclocking on my 980ms little by little since the stock limit can be easily reached. Which vbios are "better" or what specs do they have? I have only seen GT80 users with prema vbios.

what is the recommended voltage? so far with stock +25mv I can get +135 core +350mhz memory. Higher than that seems unstable and cause artifacts at times/screen freezing etc.

There's no maybe about it. Read the release notes. They applied some security hot fixes to 344.75 and made that new release.

If this is, what bothers you... Please forget about the "may be." I did not notice any performace impact anyhow. Especially as 347.xx did not allow for OC which has a bigger effect on my system I guess.

All I wanted to point out is that 345.20 has OC enabled again.

Best regards

phila

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...