NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

Hi i have problem with flashing guide . I have flash in past 780m in dos without any problems . Atm i have new 980m 8gb and trying flash it in windows and i have this information when flashing

mnvflash -6 romname.rom

i get

ERROR: Unable to open NVFLASH Driver <0x0000000005>

GPU is disabled in Device Menager

Please some1 help :) Thanks

Hi i have problem with flashing guide . I have flash in past 780m in dos without any problems . Atm i have new 980m 8gb and trying flash it in windows and i have this information when flashing

mnvflash -6 romname.rom

i get

Are you using administrator command prompt?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

yes

What files do you have in the directory? You should have 2 DLL files, one 32 bit and one 64 bit along with the executable and the ROM. Not at my computer at the moment but if it has that error I'd imagine you're missing those. Also make sure you disabled any and all security software on your machine to make sure it's not blocking it.

mnvflash -6 romname.rom

i get

Hi there!

1.) Is your romname to long by accident? It should not have more than 8 letters I guess.

2.) Are you using mnvflash as provided in the startingpost? As good old nvflash won`t do the job anymore on Win 8.x

Best regards

phila

my romname is short 980.rom and iam using both files dll in same folder including rom aswell . when i try to flash sometimes comes up with error listed in previous post or sometimes its shows

NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility <version 5.206="">

Simplified Version For OEM Only and nothing else happend i cannot even close this windows

when i use version 5.196 from this post it always come's up with error unable to open nvflash driver.... . </version>

my bios settings are :

Windows 8 fast boot enabled

Secure Boot Disabled

Load Legacy Option Rom Disabled

Bost list option UEFI

I have keep trying flash card with no results .

Device Menager Card 980m Disabled

Folder c:\Rom\mnvflash 3 files plus 980m.rom

Also with driver should be installed before flash card?? i have 344.75 atm but when play games core clock stay only at 540 mhz and dont go higher lol..... . If i install latest (but they block OC) Core Clock works fine 1038 mhz .

I have spend 600£ for card and atm not happy at all .

Forgot to mension about my system :

Alienware 17

4910MQ

GTX 980M 8GB model from HidEvolution US

16GB RAM

msata 480 GB SSD

Samsung Pro Evo 840 1TB SSD

is all correct?? for flashing card??

Thanks

i have just flashed card !!! :) problem was when i type command and press enter it takes about 5 min to flash card . I remeber when i flash my 780m in dos it was just 1 min . So when i was flashinh my 980m i was waiting only 2 min not longer then that (stupid:D) .

Right now everything works fine just checked nvidia inspector and it shows modfied bios stock clock 1202 mhz .

one done another problem comes lol . I always have connected my external monitor 120mhz benq 2720t to my laptop but now when plug cable nothing happend....:/ not recognized my monitor at all also nvidia control panel have short option's to choose i cannot even find there resolution and mhz freshrate on there..... (sorry for english) .

Hi! I am glad to hear you finally succeeded flashing the card.

Unfortunately I am not into external monitors.

When I connect my beamer to my notebook all I have to do is activate it through the windows cham bar...

But you say the monitor is not recognized at all? Have you checked the hardwaremanager? Perhaps you`ll need a special driver?!

Best regards

phila

no drivers needed . I have checked monitor and cable works fine with my second Laptop with is AW 13.... Also it was fine before i upgrade from 780m to 980m .

no reaction when cable pluged to mini dp port but works with hdmi . Hdmi give's only 60mhz and mini display port 120mhz .

anyone have similiar problem?? i have reinstall drivers and no difference

no drivers needed . I have checked monitor and cable works fine with my second Laptop with is AW 13.... Also it was fine before i upgrade from 780m to 980m .

no reaction when cable pluged to mini dp port but works with hdmi . Hdmi give's only 60mhz and mini display port 120mhz .

anyone have similiar problem?? i have reinstall drivers and no difference

Is the port dead by chance?

well i dont think so . yesterday was fine 100% it stop working when i upgrade card. How do i can check it??

Did you check it before flashing the modded vbios and is this a Clevo or Dell card you got from them?

It's a pain but the surefire way to find out is to work backwards on anything you have done with the machine until you find the problem. If last thing you did was flash mod vbios, flash back to stock, reboot and try and work back from there. It's possible the machine doesn't like the 980M or the vbios when it comes to the display port. Drivers can do it too. I can't use Mr. Fox's modified drivers because they break HDMI on my machine.

I flash without doing backup....

Is it Dell or Clevo card? Always make a backup (although I've done the same error myself before). I have vbios for Clevo card but not for Dell card.

It's alienware card I order it from hidevolution

Maybe someone around here has one they can give you. I hesitate to give you Clevo vbios as I don't know if it works with that card.

i hope so . Atm playing on my 60 mhz screen hate it T_T . If anyone have backup of gtx 980M 8GB for Alienware will be really nice if i can have copy:) . Thanks

Hi there. You want to send a pm to Mr. Fox. He should be able to provide an AW stock vbios. On the other hand I do not think that the vBios has any effect on the functionability of the external screen.

Best regards

phila

Thank you so much for the 980m Ocd edtion.. However, I am also getting random crashes when playing games... Something like driver crashes and recovered.. tried 3 different drivers same result.. but if i downclock my core mhz 1126.. the crashes is gone... really cant enjoy the 1202mhz hehehe.. Thanks!! My specs are : AW 17 98m0 clevo

I'm having the same issues Sniegu, I'll give it more time like you suggest.

My rig:

Alienware 17 (just ordered in Dec 2014)

i7 4810mq

32gb Kingston HyperX DDR3L

HIDevolution - 980m GTX 8gb

Windows 8.1 Pro

So all you said you did was give it some extra time to flash? Did it also show nothing for a status until it finished?