NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

Will it open an untouched ROM? Should be able to set everything yourself if you know what you're doing. Otherwise if you ask nicely Prema or svl7 might help you.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It opens my factory rom and allows me to adjust the clock speeds, but when I flash it windows disables the 980m saying it detected a problem.

It opens my factory rom and allows me to adjust the clock speeds, but when I flash it windows disables the 980m saying it detected a problem.

Search for Maxwell ii bios tweaker 1.36

Sounds like 1.31 wasn't totally compatible.

Search for Maxwell ii bios tweaker 1.36

Sounds like 1.31 wasn't totally compatible.

That's what I tried. Version 1.36!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It would be nice if prema or svl7 would make an unlocked vbios for me with a 1202 core clock and a 2805 memory clock! Please please please!

That's what I tried. Version 1.36!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It would be nice if prema or svl7 would make an unlocked vbios for me with a 1202 core clock and a 2805 memory clock! Please please please!

I'll mess with it tomorrow. I saw a report that M II BT worked on mobile but regular MBT did not.

Hi. After flashing my GTX980m 8GB, I get 1202mhz core running stock. Shouldn't it be 1037? Or is your modded bios pre-overclocked? Thanks.

Hi! I guess that is the way it`s intended. You can downclock it at will. Anyhow there is no "boost" anymore - instead you are in command aof a card that offers you the full performance.

Best regards

phila

P.S.: I need you advice. I want to OC my card for gaming purposes. I tested svls7s Bios which allows me to go up to 1282 mhz (stable) anyhow if i do not limit the frames the card will get really hot ;-)

How did you guys solve this problem Do you play with FPS lock all the time? Do you downclock on the fly?

P.P.S. I`d like to reach really "awesome" scores in Firestrike - anyhow using svl7s Bios it seems I can not get past 1322mhz (even with 1100mv) - my PC will draw up to 208W at the max - yet my PSU is said to have 230W.

You got any ideas???

Hi. No in fact svl7 slightly undervolted the card with that bios. Stock you will get more vor less. 1200mhz at only 1000mv instead of the usula 1037mv

Best regards

phila

Was wondering if he set it to 1v, I'm running Prema's and its running 1065mv.

In fact I'm experiencing some "display driver stopped responding" issues after flashing. I did notice that core voltage is a little bit low.

Is it my card that sucks or svl's that is beyond average? I'm not sure if this (crashing @[email protected]) sounds normal to you. Maybe it's just mine.

Raise the voltage 25mv and see if it continues. Some cards can't handle an undervolt. And 1200MHz? Are you running 347 series drivers or did svl7 set it at that? That's a good boost over the stock 1100 something.

Well nVidia tweaked the 347 series for roughly 20% better performance, it seems it may be overclocking the card. Downgrade to 344.75 and see if the clock goes down. Svl7 knows not all cards are created equal, I doubt he would overclock the vbios while dropping the voltage.

Agreed on svl's awareness. But that's another bad move made by nv if that's the case. Also I would recommend svl to leave the voltage unaltered since the driver would overclock the card/some cards can't even handle it at stock.

Well since this is an overclocking vbios, I can almost guarantee you that he will tell you to go to 344.75 as overclocking is completely disabled in 347 series. These cards can likely go even lower than 1v at stock frequencies as evidenced by how high they clock at stock voltage.

Well, that's not the case for some ppl. For example, me. I got this vBIOS just to change that thermal/power limit thing and I'm not planning to oc/undervolt it yet.

Also, since it's an oc vbios, keeping it at stock will give OCers a better reference. There's really no need to pre-undervolt for them since, well, like you said, they know their cards best and they know what they are doing and, they need the easiest way to restore everything to stock just in case.

Just that one can hit high at stock voltage with some cards does not necessarily ensure that all cards can handle it perfectly, even at stock freq.

That's my opinion though. No offense/disrespect to anybody including svl. He's done a great job.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, that's not the case for some ppl. For example, me. I got this vBIOS just to change that thermal/power limit thing and I'm not planning to oc/undervolt it yet.

Also, since it's an oc vbios, keeping it at stock will give OCers a better reference. There's really no need to pre-undervolt for them since, well, like you said, they know their cards best and they know what they are doing and, they need the easiest way to restore everything to stock just in case.

Just that one can hit high at stock voltage with some cards does not necessarily ensure that all cards can handle it perfectly, even at stock freq.

That's my opinion though. No offense/disrespect to anybody including svl. He's done a great job.

Did you try changing the driver yet?

I'm unsure whether this has been requested for, but has there been a modified vbios prepared for the GTX 970m 6GB in the Aorus x3 v3, that would unblock the +135 mhz core overclock limit?

The original vbios rom file is attached for reference >> GM204.zip

Thank you very much in advance if this is something that can be produced!

Has anybody figured out why the 980m overclock vbios won't work with Maxwell 2 Bios tweaker? I've seen a few people ask the question without any kind of answer.

Because the vbios is modified via hex, not using the tweaker. It likely doesn't like some of the changes.

• Thumbs Up 1