NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

are the oc 970 bios and 980 bioses still available i have an Alienware 18 with dual 970s . i figured id unlock them and oc them just for fun.

ive inserted the bios just in case :) it can be unlocked 

GM204.rom

Edited by zeo1

• 2 months later...

Hey there, i was getting up to day with all the thread and i was looking for a reference vbios for 940MX but i didn't found one. I was hopping if you can please make the magic for me i attached the dumped vbios with GPU-Z. I have a MSI CX62 6QD laptop with Afterburner i was able to set core voltage +100mv, core clock +135mv (that's limited to i can't set it higher) and memory clock on +376mv with no problem. Also with GPU-Z i have PerfCap reason only to VRel and VOp the gpu doesn't go higher than 50-51° with those settings. Thank you and greetings.

34ogx0T.jpeg

GM108-940MX2GMSI.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
On 2/17/2024 at 8:07 AM, Ant4rez said:

Hey there, i was getting up to day with all the thread and i was looking for a reference vbios for 940MX but i didn't found one. I was hopping if you can please make the magic for me i attached the dumped vbios with GPU-Z. I have a MSI CX62 6QD laptop with Afterburner i was able to set core voltage +100mv, core clock +135mv (that's limited to i can't set it higher) and memory clock on +376mv with no problem. Also with GPU-Z i have PerfCap reason only to VRel and VOp the gpu doesn't go higher than 50-51° with those settings. Thank you and greetings.

34ogx0T.jpeg

GM108-940MX2GMSI.zip 14.73 kB · 1 download

Hi!

Ok. Your unlocked vBIOS done. Check PM.

1. Completely uninstall MSI Afterburner (if it installed) with all settings. Reboot laptop.

2. Download the program DDU (NVIDIA drivers uninstaller). Run it and completely uninstall all NVIDIA drivers.

3. Download and extract archive Ant4rez.rar

4. Flash unlocked vbios (just run the command file flash.bat ). Reboot laptop.

5. Now install NVIDIA drivers with enabled option "Clean Install".  Reboot laptop.

6. Done. Now you can run Nvidia Inspector utility and try overclock your card.

• Thumbs Up 1

hi, i have an Old P151 SM-A with an Prema Mod bios and an unlocked 980M , so actually my Problem is i reinstall my Windows 10 and i cant install the GPU driver. the driver "Test" from Windows will skipped the Box to Awnser yes i will Install this driver , i modded the inf before and all the "things" has Nvidida an Microsoft Change some Things for the Newer driver ? Sry my English not the Yellow from the Egg xD