NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

On 9/17/2020 at 10:54 AM, Klem said:

Hi!

In your case vbios it's a part of main system bios, therefore GPU-Z and Nvflash can't save vbios. In this case to modify vbios, you need read main  system bios dump with hardware SPI programmer (like CH341A), then modify this file, and then flash it back with hardware SPI programmer (like CH341A).

So the is no (software only) way to mod my VBIOS? :(

Hi Klem, I wrote you some time ago, but maybe I didn't explain myself well and now I'm confused about my GTX 960M gpu, so I ask you again, if I can do something to unlock clock frequencies beyond +133mhz or memory that does not exceed +144mhz in overclocking because it crashes immediately.
Thanks I await your response.

Immagine-2020-09-27-185937.png

• Bios Modder
21 minutes ago, Nikola87 said:

Hi Klem, I wrote you some time ago, but maybe I didn't explain myself well and now I'm confused about my GTX 960M gpu, so I ask you again, if I can do something to unlock clock frequencies beyond +133mhz or memory that does not exceed +144mhz in overclocking because it crashes immediately.
Thanks I await your response.

Hi!

I already answered you, it's not a bios limitation. It's means that memory type on your Nvidia card can't overclock more than +140 MHz. Because on your card soldered Elpida memory chips. 

Samsung memory chips can overclock much more. Hynix and Micron memory chips also maybe can overclock more than Elpida, but low than Samsung chips.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

I already answered you, it's not a bios limitation. It's means that memory type on your Nvidia card can't overclock more than +140 MHz. Because on your card soldered Elpida memory chips. 

Samsung memory chips can overclock much more. Hynix and Micron memory chips also maybe can overclock more than Elpida, but low than Samsung chips.

I understand, thanks, so even unlocking only the system bios it can't do anything for gpu, right?

Edited by Nikola87

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon. I ask for help editing BIOS for NVIDIA Quadro M1000M. After editing, I can not flash it, because NVflash gives an error about an invalid certificate. Any ideas ?

My laptop HP Zbook 15 G2. I know this card is not included with this laptop.

• Bios Modder
3 minutes ago, edeiel said:

Good afternoon. I ask for help editing BIOS for NVIDIA Quadro M1000M. After editing, I can not flash it, because NVflash gives an error about an invalid certificate. Any ideas ?

My laptop HP Zbook 15 G2. I know this card is not included with this laptop.

Hi!

Try to use this NVflash version:  https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-nvflash-with-certificate-checks-bypassed/

2 hours ago, Klem said:

here is what i get in this version

Spoiler

c:\NVFlash_Certs_Bypassed_v5.287_x64>nvflash.exe -6 G1M2107.rom

NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.287.0)
Modified Version By Joe Dirt

Checking for matches between display adapter(s) and image(s)...

Adapter: Quadro M1000M        (10DE,13B1,103C,2253) H:--:NRM S:00,B:01,D:00,F:00

WARNING: Firmware image PCI Subsystem ID (103C.111F)
  does not match adapter PCI Subsystem ID (103C.2253).

Please press 'y' to confirm override of PCI Subsystem ID's:
Overriding PCI subsystem ID mismatch
Current      - Version:82.07.8D.00.15 ID:10DE:13B1:103C:111F
               GM107 Board - 27570502 (Normal Board)
Replace with - Version:82.07.8D.00.15 ID:10DE:13B1:103C:111F

Update display adapter firmware?
Press 'y' to confirm (any other key to abort):
The display may go *BLANK* on and off for up to 10 seconds or more during the update process depending on your display adapter and output device.

Identifying EEPROM...
EEPROM ID (EF,3012) : WBond W25X20A 2.7-3.6V 2048Kx1S, page

Error Code:8 BCRT_ERROR_CODE_BODY_SIGNATURE_MISMATCH

VBIOS Signature Check failed.

Error Code:7 BCRT_ERROR_CODE_BODY_FNV_HASH_MISMATCH

VBIOS image failed certification sanity check.

BCRT Error: Certificate verification failed

ERROR: ERROR:BIOS Cert Verification Error, Update aborted

c:\NVFlash_Certs_Bypassed_v5.287_x64>

In this case, the stock BIOS is flashed without problems

51 minutes ago, edeiel said:

here is what i get in this version

Reveal hidden contents

c:\NVFlash_Certs_Bypassed_v5.287_x64>nvflash.exe -6 G1M2107.rom

NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.287.0)
Modified Version By Joe Dirt

Checking for matches between display adapter(s) and image(s)...

Adapter: Quadro M1000M        (10DE,13B1,103C,2253) H:--:NRM S:00,B:01,D:00,F:00

WARNING: Firmware image PCI Subsystem ID (103C.111F)
  does not match adapter PCI Subsystem ID (103C.2253).

Please press 'y' to confirm override of PCI Subsystem ID's:
Overriding PCI subsystem ID mismatch
Current      - Version:82.07.8D.00.15 ID:10DE:13B1:103C:111F
Replace with - Version:82.07.8D.00.15 ID:10DE:13B1:103C:111F

Update display adapter firmware?
Press 'y' to confirm (any other key to abort):
The display may go *BLANK* on and off for up to 10 seconds or more during the update process depending on your display adapter and output device.

Identifying EEPROM...
EEPROM ID (EF,3012) : WBond W25X20A 2.7-3.6V 2048Kx1S, page

Error Code:8 BCRT_ERROR_CODE_BODY_SIGNATURE_MISMATCH

VBIOS Signature Check failed.

Error Code:7 BCRT_ERROR_CODE_BODY_FNV_HASH_MISMATCH

VBIOS image failed certification sanity check.

BCRT Error: Certificate verification failed

ERROR: ERROR:BIOS Cert Verification Error, Update aborted

c:\NVFlash_Certs_Bypassed_v5.287_x64>

In this case, the stock BIOS is flashed without problems

I used an older version of NVflash and everything worked fine. Thanks for the help, without this thread I would not have gone on the right path!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello i have a 970m clevo 6gb and i tried 970m slv vbios but the board id didnt match and it bricked it and i had to use a hardware flasher to recover it so can someone upload a modded vbios that is compatible with my 970m and unlocks the power and clock limits if someone does i would be grateful

• Bios Modder
17 hours ago, hawkjarrett said:

Hello i have a 970m clevo 6gb and i tried 970m slv vbios but the board id didnt match and it bricked it and i had to use a hardware flasher to recover it so can someone upload a modded vbios that is compatible with my 970m and unlocks the power and clock limits if someone does i would be grateful

Hi!

You can post here or send me your stock vbios, I can take a look what we can do.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! 

I am sharing same problem with locked vBIOS for GTX 970m 6GB. Trying not to do same thing as @hawkjarrett did. At first Ive found 970m slv vbios and I was extremely happy, but now I am little confused and don't want mess with not verified (in terms of match) vBios. @Klem may I ask you to take a look at my vBios, and check If you can somehow unlock it for OC (it is a big waste of potential at the moment)? Laptop is Hyperbook X17-G (polish reseller of Clevo P771ZM-G1), GPU is GTX 970m 6GB. If you can help we can post modified vBios in this thread for other users (or just PM me).

Original vBios:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/vk2okq

BTW, after looking through different threads I can see that you are truly some sort of Magician :) 

• Bios Modder
4 hours ago, PGenious said:

Klem may I ask you to take a look at my vBios, and check If you can somehow unlock it for OC (it is a big waste of potential at the moment)? Laptop is Hyperbook X17-G (polish reseller of Clevo P771ZM-G1), GPU is GTX 970m 6GB.

Hi! 

Ok. Check PM. 

I´ve bought from a friend an old Alienware laptop, that he bought in USA when was travelling , the Alienware 18, that came with GTX 765m SLI and i7 4700mq. It is working great, but with the GTX 765m sli... Discovered that the Aw18 could receive upgrade of the gpu to the GTX 9xxm, series with native drivers from Nvidia, without having to moddified the drivers, only needing to update the Laptop Bios. (wich I have done already, to the A12, and then flashed the A12 unlocked too.
I live in Brazil, and here we don´t have access to the MXM gpus. Very rare here.
To play some newer games, decided to find a single GTX 980m mxm, beacuse sli is dead, and in newer games, only one of my 765m works, and it gives me very low fps.
Only place I could find one was in Aliexpress. Bought the Gtx 980m 8gb. Along with the 100w heatsink too.
Received the gpu, Uinstalled my old ones and installed the gtx 980m. I´m in UEFI mode. In, bios, it shows the nvidia card, no problem.
First boot with windows 10, windows install his drivers, one from March, 2018. Asks to reboot, then my problems started...
It gives me pink strippes all over the screen.
Only way to bot in windows 10 normally, its to boot in safe mode, and then, remove any driver with DDU.
2 or 3 times, I could boot normally in windows 10. Updated the drivers for the last ones, december 2020. Gone to Gpuz to make things are ok, runned the pci express bus test. some times it works, some the screen freezed..
Tried a lot of different drivers, 2018, 2019 and 2020 drivers.
Same problem.
One time, I could run Starcraft 2 and Bf4, when the laptop didn't hanged, but now I cant even do that. Made a fresh install of windows 10, but same thing happens...
I have the laptop video settings in SG mode now, but did everything from the fresh install of windows 10 with laptop ins PGE (discrete).
When the laptop worked for some minutes, I could see that in SG mode, the GPU and Memory clock of the 980m were stuck in 405mhz. When changed to PGE in Bios, then the clock raised up. But, now, I can`t make any driver work...

Am I missing something here?
Can anybody give me some advice on that?

About 15 days trying to figure that out....

Maybe different Vbios for it, could resolve this problem..

https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/R5uTG3I

https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/i6OqQyI

https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/Rx7BZHI

Hello @Klem I was wondering if you could shed some light over a problem. I have an M18x R2 and installed a 980m - the unlocked vbios version which I had in my GT70. It is the Clevo version- but I had hex-eddited the subsystem id to recognize it as an MSI so that i may install the gpu drivers plug and play.  Installing the drivers via NV clean worked as a charm, it wa srecognized as an MSIcard by gpuz -  it benches good and all in all but i have found a vbios for the sli versions on the dell site, and flashed the one for gpu 1- Master and it changed my subid to a dell one but not one that would allow me to install the drivers without the inf mod. I have tried since more than 15 versions of nvFlash  in Windows - as well as in Linux and I have also reprogrammed the vbios using a chip programmer - desolder - flash-resolder - but still it allocates the same subsystem id -- i do not understand why?    

• 1 month later...
  • Bios Modder
47 minutes ago, g00dv1n11 said:

Hi Klem! I wanted to unlock the bios of my M5000M, but I can't download the files. I paid for the membership, but the download still doesn't work.

Hi!

Please tell me, where did you find M5000M vbios? As far as I remember, I did not post such a vbios.

17 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Please tell me, where did you find M5000M vbios? As far as I remember, I did not post such a vbios.

Oh, no, i can't upload my stock bios file. Support does not respond to my request .

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, g00dv1n11 said:

Oh, no, i can't upload my stock bios file. Support does not respond to my request .

I answered you in PM.