NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

• Bios Modder
43 minutes ago, udgm said:

Hi Klem,

Sorry for bothering, I recently reinstalled my OS and accidently deleted the modded bios you sent me 2 years ago. I browsed into my PMs, but the file you uploaded in 2018 is not available anymore. Would you mind sending it to me again, please ? My card is a GTX 980m 4gb, in a AW15 rig from early 2015. Feel free to contact me if you need further details !

Hi!

Ok. I already sent you your unlocked vbios via PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! i apologize for the probably stupid question but... Someone can tell me why i can't download those files? i need ( or better i would like please :D) to download the gtx 980 - 8gb one.

Ty

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, Zebby90 said:

Hi everyone! i apologize for the probably stupid question but... Someone can tell me why i can't download those files? i need ( or better i would like please :D) to download the gtx 980 - 8gb one.

Ty

Hi!

Please read "User Account Promotion Rules":  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

• Thumbs Up 1

A real great work! Installed last night, a seriuos framerate stability improvement! good job! just a little question: i cannot overclock it more than +12 ( gpu and ram clock too) with MSI afterburner.. if i try, every game crash after few seconds of gameplay. there is any solution? i have an old alienware m17x r4 with A15 bios

Edited by Zebby90

• 2 weeks later...

Hello
I have a request, I need an unlocked bios for my Gtx 980m 4gb.
My laptop is Medion Erazer x7826 (aka MSI GT70)
Bios E1763IM7.510
Is this buckup rom made by gpu-z enough?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WnhHFWacRUGIu2qUA3qcqU8rsyaAKsUI?usp=sharing

gm204 is from gpu -z

nvfbackup980m.rom is from nvflash

Is it possible to set it in bios so that the card without a battery works at full clocks?
I have unlocked the bios in my laptop, I turned off the hybrid power, but it still drains the batteries and without a battery the card does not enter full clocks only at about 950 MHz max

p6j.png

Edited by Cherbi

Hi @Klem,

I nuked my windows a few weeks ago - thought I'd moved all my important docs and files etc, but it seems that I accidentally deleted the modified vBios file you sent me earlier this year. It's still flashed correctly on my laptop, but if possible I'd like to have it stored somewhere on my laptop just in case I ever have to revert/retry the flash.

Sorry to be a pain, but is there any chance you would be able to send it over again?

• Bios Modder
On 8/19/2020 at 2:17 PM, Bunchie16 said:

Sorry to be a pain, but is there any chance you would be able to send it over again?

Hi!

Ok. You can download your file from this link.

Edited by Klem

Hi All, Hi @Klem

I'm looking for everywhere and i don't find a vbios rom Overcloked Dell or Alienware 17 R1 upgraded with a 970m 6gb (version 84.04.35.00.04 written on the card, from MSI I think because I found this : https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/204339/204339), this vbios work normaly on my alienware I think it is original bios of this card, I have flashed with others vbios no OC Dells found on this site for 970m 6gb, It work too, can you help me, I would like now Vbios OC faster and stable, I tried to made it with Maxwell tweaker but it don't work, my Ids Hardware is 1028 05AA,

and this one work great too (https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/206300/206300) all vbios dell 970m 6gb seems compatible with my card, I prefere this one because this is Dell Vbios

Can you give me link or send me Vbios OC compatible 970m 6gb Alienware R1 for I test it performance in game, just good for a good stability

thank you for your help

Edited by Strategeek
simplification

Hi everbody!

I read the whole topic for my "private affair", and i also need the Bios mod Master @Klem help.
I have a Lenovo Y900 with gtx980m, and i want remove the 90W power limit from it, and want to have nice OC capabilities. So, in that case, i need an unlocked VBIOS for that integrated BGA card. 

Here is 2 picture of nvflash and GPUZ:
gpuz.jpg
check.jpg

Here is the dumped VBIOS (i dont know why, but this site upload function cannot work):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ebmmNApXm8PMbPsBfc2xrXrQVToMgW0N/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for help! 

Please contact us for assistance.
Edited by PAtr0n11

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, PAtr0n11 said:

Hi everbody!

I read the whole topic for my "private affair", and i also need the Bios mod Master @Klem help.
I have a Lenovo Y900 with gtx980m, and i want remove the 90W power limit from it, and want to have nice OC capabilities. So, in that case, i need an unlocked VBIOS for that integrated BGA card. 

Hi!

Yes, I can prepare unlocked vBIOS for your card, but you should understand that GTX 980M can be overclocked very little even with unlocked vBIOS.

15 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Yes, I can prepare unlocked vBIOS for your card, but you should understand that GTX 980M can be overclocked very little even with unlocked vBIOS.

Hi @Klem,

Can you Help me too :(, for a VBIOS Unlocked faster for my GTX 970m 6gb with gpu and boost clock higher

I use actually this Vbios : https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/206300/206300

it work normally

Device manager informations

Compatible IDS of my card

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8
PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_0300
PCI\VEN_10DE
PCI\CC_030000
PCI\CC_0300

Hardwars IDS of my card

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_05AA1028&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_05AA1028
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&CC_0300

I would like a 970m faster but stable for gamming on alienware 17 R1

do you need another information for it ?

Thank you so much for help

Edited by Strategeek
better

• Bios Modder
14 minutes ago, Strategeek said:

Hi @Klem,

Can you Help me too :(, for a VBIOS Unlocked faster for my GTX 970m 6gb with gpu and boost clock higher

I use actually this Vbios : https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/206300/206300

it work normally

Device manager informations

Compatible IDS of my card

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8
PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_0300
PCI\VEN_10DE
PCI\CC_030000
PCI\CC_0300

Hardwars IDS of my card

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_05AA1028&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_05AA1028
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&CC_0300

I would like a 970m faster but stable for gamming on alienware 17 R1

do you need another information for it ?

Thank you so much for help

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

On 8/26/2020 at 11:11 PM, Klem said:

Hi!

Ok, maybe I didn't put it well, the most iportant thing would be for me removing the TDP limit from VBIOS. 
As i know (correct me if i'm not right), every GTX980m is a beast, but every Laptop manufacturer limits the Power, due to the high temperature, which hard to cool down.

My Y900 allows max 80-90W TDP for GTX980m, the goal would be at least 130W (with optimizations, beside of undervolting and keeping the factory clock speeds of course), that would be achieved i hope. The charger for the laptop enough, its 230W version. 
I've already set up the i7 6820k with Throttle Stop program, by lowered the a VCORE and Cache voltages, so the CPU will not build a wall against the GPU i think.

So, based on the above, can you help me? :angel:

Thanks! 

• Bios Modder
On 8/26/2020 at 10:53 PM, PAtr0n11 said:

Hi everbody!

Here is 2 picture of nvflash and GPUZ:

Here is the dumped VBIOS (i dont know why, but this site upload function cannot work):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ebmmNApXm8PMbPsBfc2xrXrQVToMgW0N/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for help! 

Please contact us for assistance.

Hi!

Ok. Your unlocked vBIOS done. Check PM.

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Klem I have a MX150 (rename of 940MX) and I saw that the 135MHz OC limit can be removed for 940MX, as in page 32 of this topic. Yet, the file have expired and even so, it may not be exactly compatible. I have put my stock GPU vBIOS straight from the UEFITool (Extract body) and also the current modded GPU vBIOS that I am using (95degreeC max, no power limit) into Google Drive and share the link here: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1blQagmdj1XMdm9OSNQgfm1KhqWyXTRdx/view?usp=sharing). Please modify this BIOS, many thanks. 

Edited by evnchn
Mixup of 940MX and MX150 in original post

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, evnchn said:

@Klem I have a MX150 (rename of 940MX) and I saw that the 135MHz OC limit can be removed for 940MX, as in page 32 of this topic. Yet, the file have expired and even so, it may not be exactly compatible. I have put my stock GPU vBIOS straight from the UEFITool (Extract body) and also the current modded GPU vBIOS that I am using (95degreeC max, no power limit) into Google Drive and share the link here: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1blQagmdj1XMdm9OSNQgfm1KhqWyXTRdx/view?usp=sharing). Please modify this BIOS, many thanks. 

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Hi all! I have a Lenovo P50 with a Quadro M2000M, and i would like to overclock it a bit. Im using nvidia Inspector, and i can OC the GPU +135 Mhz. But i cant OC the memory, its locked. I would happy if somebody can unlock my vbios. I tried to save my current bios with GPU-Z, but i get: "BIOS reading not supported on this device" error. Any advice?

Thank you!

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, M4X1mumG said:

Hi all! I have a Lenovo P50 with a Quadro M2000M, and i would like to overclock it a bit. Im using nvidia Inspector, and i can OC the GPU +135 Mhz. But i cant OC the memory, its locked. I would happy if somebody can unlock my vbios. I tried to save my current bios with GPU-Z, but i get: "BIOS reading not supported on this device" error. Any advice?

Thank you!

Hi!

In your case vbios it's a part of main system bios, therefore GPU-Z and Nvflash can't save vbios. In this case to modify vbios, you need read main  system bios dump with hardware SPI programmer (like CH341A), then modify this file, and then flash it back with hardware SPI programmer (like CH341A).

Hi All,

Successfully flashed vbios at the beginning of this thread on dual 980Ms in order to fix power throttling issue but now I get a grey or sometimes black screen during game start. Originally had 416.94 drivers. Uninstalled and downgraded to 388.13 with no change. Any Ideas?

Specs:

M18X R2

Windows 10 UEFI (temporarily reverted to Legacy for mnvflash)

dual 980M 8GB SLI

dual 330W Power Adapter mod

stock 388.13 drivers