NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, Hossein477 said:

Hi there,

i have an alienware 15 980m 4gb version.i am stock with the 135+ on core .is there anyway i can get a unlocked vbios for this 980m 4gb version?

Thank you very much

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• 4 weeks later...
Good morning,

I am in the same case as "Hossein477". I have an laptop "MSI gt72 2QE with a 980M 4go version. Is it possible to have the unlocked vbios compatible for my version ?
Bios version current : 84.04.22.00.0C
Thank you very much
Mike222
Edited by Mike222

• Bios Modder
7 hours ago, Mike222 said:
Good morning,

I am in the same case as "Hossein477". I have an laptop "MSI gt72 2QE with a 980M 4go version. Is it possible to have the unlocked vbios compatible for my version ?
Bios version current : 84.04.22.00.0C
Thank you very much
Mike222

Hi!

You can post here your original stock vBIOS. I'll take a look.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
11 hours ago, luiizmadi said:

Hello, I'm sorry for my english. I have an asus g751jy with a gtx 980m, I can not unlock vbios to increase the tdp and unlock vcore control. I'm not sure where it would be the topic to ask for this help, so if I'm in the wrong place I'm sorry. M_backup.rom

M_backup.rom

Hi!

Ok. Your vBIOS mod done. Check your Inbox.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
2 hours ago, gforc3 said:

Hey Klem, I have a Alienware 17 r3 980m 4gb I’ve been having serious throttling issues with. I’m looking to get a modified vbios for it if it’s possible I’d greatly appreciate it

thank you

Hi!

Unfortunately I think unlocked vBIOS don't help you with throttling, because throttling it's not issues, throttling it's special safeguard technology to protect graphic chip.

All mobile GTX 980M throttle much more than other cards like GTX 970M and below. 

Unlocked vBIOS it's not for throttling solve, unlocked vBIOS it's for overclock graphic cards.

In any case you can post here or send me in PM your original stock vBIOS. I will prepare unlocked vBIOS based on your stock vBIOS.

• Bios Modder
23 minutes ago, gforc3 said:

I believe I'm running prema's but its pretty old.. i'm looking to try under volting it and see if that helps.

Thank you so much buddy

GM204.rom

This vBIOS already unlocked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
1 hour ago, artylol said:

Hi, Klem

Can you unlock my vbios. I used tool you shared before to make dump of bios, but I dont know how to attach it, since it is heavier that 1mb. 
Kind regards.

You can upload your vbios into any fileserver, for example into https://www.sendspace.com  , and post the link.

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, artylol said:

In your case vbios it's a part of main system bios, and your main system bios have strong safeguard against writing any modified bios.

So, try open Command Prompt with Admin Rights (CLI window C:\), put your laptop
into Sleep Mode (just close the Lid) and then Wake-Up It (reopen the Lid),
after this run backup tool again, and then post results again.

• Bios Modder
11 hours ago, alphawolfrey said:

Hello Klem,

Can you help me to unlock my vbios for gtx 970m ROG G751JT...

Thank you so much.

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Edited by Klem

Hello, I've got a Dell 8gb Nvidia 980m in my Dell Precision M6700 , just wondering if I could have help getting an undervolted vBIOS I can use to preserve it's longevity, my ASIC quality is 69.9%.

Having removed throttle and clock limits for future overclocking when I get some quality thermal paste would be nice, but not at whatever power limit the OP post has, as that seems to draw too much power cause a blank screen and eventually crash the driver in anything 3d.

I've used a quadro k4100m modded vbios overclocked before which was also undervolted and had TDP at 115w at most, but I cannot confirm my Dell Precision M6700 ever was able to draw the full 115w, it did however never crash with a significant overclock.

attached is my stock vBIOS:

980mdellGM204.rom

Very much appreciate it!

As a note:
the undervolted Alienware vBIOS on notebookreview locked to 0.9810V max caused the same issue getting 3d clocks to work, so I'm afraid my card likely requires at least 1v, but any reductions to temps vs stock would be lovely!

Edited by arbitrarygrill

On 1/4/2015 at 1:26 PM, omega939 said:

it seems that I've hit the limit for my 970m

175 = Core clock

600 = Mem clock

I wont touch the Power limit yet (default settings) unless you guys know the safe limits to move the slider for this one.

Yes!

You are right.

On 9/25/2019 at 12:13 AM, tutsuo said:

#1 Can a mod please Delete the post above mine by user jenilia122  that is a link to a very shady Filipino potential phishing site.

Yes. This is spam. This is only forum for overclocking and mods.