NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

Sadly I always make this, it is possible that problem come from the nvdia driver ? What do you mean by hardware problem ? the card is broken ? I always problems with my cards, 880m with huge throttling before (never been fixed) and now this one, f*** nvidia.

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Manu369 said:

What do you mean by hardware problem ? 

I think that your laptop cannot provide enough power onto the MXM socket for a graphics card. This may be due to insufficient power from your Power supply, or insufficient power from the VRM's power converters on the motherboard.

Hi Klem,

im a new member and i need help on modified vbios of my Asus ROG GL2502VT GTX970m. im trying to upload the modified vbios but there is no luck. Error has been shown on below image and Original & Modified vBios was attached. im using MaxwellBiosTweaker_1.36 for vBios modification.

i hope you can help me how can i upload the modified vbios and if you can share some software for vbios editor. 

image.png.c87eb13ba753ca5ca085133c9e7b3f32.png

BackupGM204.rom

ModifiedGM204.rom

On 5/30/2019 at 1:13 PM, Klem said:

I think that your laptop cannot provide enough power onto the MXM socket for a graphics card. This may be due to insufficient power from your Power supply, or insufficient power from the VRM's power converters on the motherboard.

Ummh I don't think so cause I already had this kind of problem with my old card (880m) but only with all nvidia driver after 327.23 (very old driver) now I just tested another driver just for check and as I can seen is that my gpu clock always throttle but not at 475 but 800mhz, of course I don't know where the real problem is but because I already tested several psu and because I current PSU is an 330W, I don't think that problem come from the VRM converter or this is the first time I heard that from this model of laptop, and in this case, how explain than differents drivers change the frequency of the GPU clock if I don't touch anything else ?

Also when I try to change the voltage or memory frequency with the vbios mod, it's doesn't change anything, it is normal ? Maybe you could check my stock bios and see i you can change something ?

This BIOS mod seem really great! At the moment my 970M constantly runs at 50 degrees and it has a lot more potential. Does anyone perhaps know if this vBIOS will work on the Clevo P751DM-G? Great work and thanks in advance!

On 1/19/2018 at 1:02 AM, bitnspcs said:

Hi there, just want to confirm this will work and not brick.

Clevo p751dmg.  Gtx 980m 8th with rising

Cheers

Hi there, just want to confirm this will work and not brick.

Clevo p751dmg.  Gtx 980m 8gb with g-sync

Cheers

That's great! Did you use the default BIOS when performing this vBIOS mod?

Edited by Wibeja

I have a ASUS G750JY gaming laptop with the 980m 8gb and a very good cooling solution . I used to mod my own vbioses on desktop when I had my 780 , but now when I opened the vbios with MaxWellBiosTweak II I don't want to risk modifying and then flashig the vbios without being 100% sure. I see in Power that all the values are on 100 , so 100 W? On desktop the rule was to not set the PCI-E to more than 75 watts, those MXM cards maybe can pull more out of that connection, altough it looks exactly like a PCI-E connector. I have an ASIC quality of 74% and right now I'm on +135mhz on core, +600mhz on mem and benching/playing games with no problems while also staying under 80 C on the gpu. I would really like to see what more I can get out of this setup. I have a delta ADP-230EB T power brick, 230 Watts and when gaming full power I measured a 184 watt draw using a ampermeter ( 230V Voltage and it measured 0.8 Amps ) . I will attach my vbios so the nice guy I see in the latest pages can mod it for me. I honestly would've liked to download the modded 980m file and learn for myself what's modified there and modify my vbios on my own, but it just won't let me download it, my account doesn't have the privilege it seems.

GM204.rom

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/13/2015 at 12:57 AM, !!!!! said:

Hey @Klem

Here is my Vbios of my GTX970m 3go for my MSI GS60 6QE 023FR

Is it possible to unlock it and to increase the boost frequency from 1037 to 1172 ( no need to change volt)

and the stock frequency from 924 to 1059

thanks a lot

Also i tryed to change those parameter by myself using maxwellII bios tweaker but when i flash it say Bios cert 2.0 verification error

wondering if you know why and how pass that ( i used older and bypassed version of nvflash , doesnt matter)

Waiting for your reply

Nk

GM204.rar

• Bios Modder
45 minutes ago, Tsubaki67 said:

Hey @Klem

Here is my Vbios of my GTX970m 3go for my MSI GS60 6QE 023FR

Is it possible to unlock it and to increase the boost frequency from 1037 to 1172 ( no need to change volt)

and the stock frequency from 924 to 1059

thanks a lot

Also i tryed to change those parameter by myself using maxwellII bios tweaker but when i flash it say Bios cert 2.0 verification error

wondering if you know why and how pass that ( i used older and bypassed version of nvflash , doesnt matter)

Waiting for your reply

Nk

GM204.rar

Hi!

To flash your modified vBIOS just use special NVFlash version v5.287 or v5.218 from this link:  https://www.overclock.net/forum/71-nvidia-drivers-overclocking-software/1521334-official-nvflash-certificate-checks-bypassed-gtx-950-960-970-980-980ti-titan-x.html

6 minutes ago, Klem said:

Thanks a lot 

I already tryed those version, i think maxwellII bios tweaker is not working properly on my vbios

Can you try mod it with your programm so i can try again to see if this is the problem ?

( i also dont know how unlock things with maxwellII bios tweaker)

• Bios Modder
6 minutes ago, Tsubaki67 said:

Thanks a lot 

I already tryed those version, i think maxwellII bios tweaker is not working properly on my vbios

Can you try mod it with your programm so i can try again to see if this is the problem ?

( i also dont know how unlock things with maxwellII bios tweaker)

Ok. No problems. Check PM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
17 hours ago, pseudodeed said:

Hello can anybody unlock this bios file for OC, please? Thank you

Overcklocking does not working for VRAM and for GPU too.

I have a dell M6800. Thanks

M4000M_GM204.zip

Hi!

Please post here your screenshot in Nvidia Inspector utility (full window with overclocking sliders).

• Bios Modder
43 minutes ago, pseudodeed said:

I dont know how i can increase the powertarget. Please can you make me a second *.Rom with  120W Powertarget?

Thank you.

M4000MOC_NVInspector.jpg

Ok. Check PM.

• Bios Modder
7 hours ago, mocji117 said:

@Klem would you mind looking at my bios? I like to unlock power target clock and memory sliders and vore voltage if possible. Thanks in advance

Hi!

Send me or post here your original stock VBIOS (from your card) and screenshot in Nvidia Inspector utility. 

31 minutes ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Send me or post here your original stock VBIOS (from your card) and screenshot in Nvidia Inspector utility. 

Hope this is what you need. I'm looking for to have most of the options unlocked. Like to have the ability to change power and temperature target, core and memory slider. If is not much to ask and only if possible. Thanks so much for your time and work.

GM204.zip

Capture.JPG

• Bios Modder
7 minutes ago, mocji117 said:

Hope this is what you need. I'm looking for to have most of the options unlocked. Like to have the ability to change power and temperature target, core and memory slider. If is not much to ask and only if possible. Thanks so much for your time and work.

GM204.zip

Capture.JPG

Ok, but as you can see on your screenshot, core and memory sliders already unlocked.

5 minutes ago, Klem said:

Ok, but as you can see on your screenshot, core and memory sliders already unlocked.

it only lets me add the default +135 to the core, power target seems to be locked. I would like to overclock the card further the +135 on the core and memory.

6 minutes ago, mocji117 said:

it only lets me add the default +135 to the core, power target seems to be locked. I would like to overclock the card further the +135 on the core and memory.

Capture2.JPG

• Bios Modder
7 minutes ago, mocji117 said:

Capture2.JPG

Ok. Check PM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok 2 things... 

#1 Can a mod please Delete the post above mine by user jenilia122  that is a link to a very shady Filipino potential phishing site.

#2 Is anyone still modding/Unlocking Alienware 17 R3 vBios? 

Attached Files: Current vBios being used, and GPU-Z and Nvidia Inspector screencaps of the GPU.

GM204.rom

AW17R3GPU.jpg

GPUz.gif

Edited by tutsuo

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2018 at 3:46 PM, bazza2000 said:

Hello forum first post . 

I got my hands on a Alienware 17r2 with a 980m 4gb GFX . I bought it very cheap knowing it comes with a lot throttling issues which ive dealt with via repaste and getting good setting using throttle stop , I was pointed in the direction by another forum about getting custom vbios which will help with this headache of a Alienware ,

long story short can you please help me Klem as my knowledge is limited in the vbios settings 

Thank you inadvance if you can cheers 

GM204.rom

i woud be really grateful  for a modded undervolted vbios i completely forgot abiout this post as i solved my issues by using windows 7 but as its now

EOL  ive upgraded to windows 10 and im now getting serious throttling thanks again if you can help me