NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

• Bios Modder
8 hours ago, mirage_bg said:

Hi, Klem!

Can you unlock the voltage slider in MSI Afterburner/NVInspector and unlock the max o/c limit (+135Mhz) on my Quadro M5000M?

Here is the screenshot of GPU-Z and the vbios.rom:

m5000m.gif.5e9f753bd89066ee4e3185e2f7dede6f.gif

bios.rom

Hi!

Ok. Check your PM box.

Hi @Klem I have an Eurocom sky X4 / Clevo P750DM-G with GTX980m 8GB with G-SYNC (BIOS attached) is there any working version of your unlocked BIOS that is compatible with my device ? Or can you please unlock my current BIOS ? :) Thank you

1935244185_Screenshot(13).thumb.png.ca37a533af1d3be57253538d03a347fc.png

bios.rom

Edited by mys3544

• Bios Modder
5 minutes ago, mys3544 said:

Hi @Klem I have an Eurocom sky X4 / Clevo P750DM-G with GTX980m 8GB with G-SYNC (BIOS attached) is there any working version of your unlocked BIOS that is compatible with my device ? Or can you please unlock my current BIOS ? :) Thank you

1935244185_Screenshot(13).thumb.png.ca37a533af1d3be57253538d03a347fc.png

bios.rom

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Edited by Klem

Thank you for the plethora of information in this thread. I'm planning on upgrading my 770m to 900 series gpu so I'm reading up on what I can. It's interesting what an unlocked bios can do for a system.  IHoping I can do the same mods in the future. 

• Bios Modder
9 hours ago, chrisssj2 said:

Trying to download Nvidia GTX 980m - 'OC edition' rev0.zip 
But it says I can't download it...

Hi!

You can read the forum rules:  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

@Klem I'm not sure who I should contact who might be able to help me on here, or even be willing to. 

Last Saturday I installed a Quadro M4000M in my Dell Precision M6700. I got it working... Had to modify the INF file in the driver package to get it to install, but it is working well now.

What I need help with is overclocking this thing.  I can get +135 on the core with Nvidia Inspector. I installed Maxwell bios tweaker II and I am just not experienced enough to mess around in here yet.  I had modded a vbios a couple years ago with Kepler bios tweaker and it worked well, but I'm real rusty and don't want to mess up the new card...  Any help would be appreciated. I am looking for something modest. It would be great if I could get a little more on the core like maybe +200 or +250 (I'm not sure what these are capable of, but I wouldn't want to run within 25mhz of max. I would like something any version of these cards regardless of the silicon lottery should be capable of) and a memory boost would be nice which I cannot get with Nvidia Inspector. 

Thanks

• Bios Modder
10 hours ago, poorejj said:

@Klem I'm not sure who I should contact who might be able to help me on here, or even be willing to. 

Last Saturday I installed a Quadro M4000M in my Dell Precision M6700. I got it working... Had to modify the INF file in the driver package to get it to install, but it is working well now.

What I need help with is overclocking this thing.  I can get +135 on the core with Nvidia Inspector. I installed Maxwell bios tweaker II and I am just not experienced enough to mess around in here yet.  I had modded a vbios a couple years ago with Kepler bios tweaker and it worked well, but I'm real rusty and don't want to mess up the new card...  Any help would be appreciated. I am looking for something modest. It would be great if I could get a little more on the core like maybe +200 or +250 (I'm not sure what these are capable of, but I wouldn't want to run within 25mhz of max. I would like something any version of these cards regardless of the silicon lottery should be capable of) and a memory boost would be nice which I cannot get with Nvidia Inspector. 

Thanks

Hi!

You can post here your stock vbios from your card, I'll take a look.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder

Hi!

Send me your stock vbios, I'll take a look.

1 hour ago, mirt1981 said:

Hello !

Have an gtx 980m to unlock . . . tested it self by inet guides but no luck

Klem can you help . . . schenker980.JPG.32d0d368301f73d3868dc4034a5bb10e.JPG . . . GPU and Ram are on Stock 0c Limit

Hi!

Send me your stock vbios, I'll take a look.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Klem, I have an Asus Rog GL552VW-DM149 laptop with the latest version 300 of the bios.
I tried the overclock GTX 960M but I noticed that the max limit of the mem clock is +140MHz and going a little further it already starts crashing.
Can anything be done to unlock this limit? I have seen on the web that some have taken it up to +450/+700MHz with the same card, how is it possible?
I await your news, thanks.

Annotazione 2019-05-29 211207.png

Annotazione 2019-05-29 211545.png

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Nikola87 said:

I noticed that the max limit of the mem clock is +140MHz and going a little further it already starts crashing.
Can anything be done to unlock this limit?

Hi!

It's not a bios limitation. It's means that memory type on your Nvidia card can't overclock more than +140 MHz. Because on your card Elpida memory chips. 

Samsung memory chips can overclock much more. Hynix and Micron memory chips also maybe can overclock more than Elpida.

Hi Klem,

can you please unlock my current BIOS ? I have a throttle on my gpu usage (about 475mhz max when used but 1126mhz in idle with the vbios Nvidia GTX 980m - 'OC edition' rev0   ).

With the original bios, I have more limited by memory  clock this time, 799mhz max and 1037mhz for the gpu clock

1427123203_Sanstitre.thumb.jpg.631423e3b6c25896145990484166eb8c.jpg

9bu.pngc88.png

Thk a lot !

dell_980m_original.rom

Edited by Manu369

• Bios Modder
6 hours ago, Manu369 said:

I have a throttle on my gpu usage (about 475mhz max when used but 1126mhz in idle with the vbios Nvidia GTX 980m - 'OC edition' rev0   ).

Hi!

Delete all overclock in Nvidia Inspector, put all settings to default, and create new screenshot with the vbios Nvidia GTX 980m - 'OC edition' rev0 (under 3D load)

• Bios Modder
17 minutes ago, Manu369 said:

Sans titre.jpg

It's weird it's indicated gpu clock max 541Mhz but when I don't use any 3D application, the clock bring me up to 1126Mhz

I think it's not a vbios problem, may be it's hardware problem. In any case try to search in Google and download DDU utility (Nvidia drivers uninstaller), run it and completely uninstall all Nvidia drivers. Also uninstall MSI Afterburner (if it installed in your laptop) with all settings. Then download and install Nvidia drivers with enabled option "Clean Install".