NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

Hello, I am new to this forum and I have an old Sager P150SM-A that I would be like to use for overclocking. The problem is that I have a GTX 970m 6gb whose vBios does not allow for more then 135mhz on the core. I would like to know if there is a way of breaking the limit, without any experience in modding. Thanks in advance. 

Nvidia Inspector--.png

GPU Z--.PNG

• Bios Modder
10 hours ago, OvenRoastGT said:

Hello, I am new to this forum and I have an old Sager P150SM-A that I would be like to use for overclocking. The problem is that I have a GTX 970m 6gb whose vBios does not allow for more then 135mhz on the core. I would like to know if there is a way of breaking the limit, without any experience in modding. Thanks in advance. 

Nvidia Inspector--.png

GPU Z--.PNG

Hi!

Ok. Send me your original stock vbios from your card, or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, YoreyC said:

I am trying to gain some control over my gtx 960m, but the guide to flash vbios is missing some info. Can someone explain what I'm supposed to do?

Hi!

What the laptop model?

Hi Klem, thanks for your help.

Lenovo y50-70

i7 4720hq

gtx 960m

having some trouble tweaking it for best gaming performance (Overwatch). I can play around with CPU clocks and voltage, but the mobile maxwell GFX are leaving some room for improvement.

I have NVFlash but the instructions to use it, linked from the OP, are missing the attachments that tell you what to do.

fadsf.png

Hello. I want to ask a question. I have Asus X556UQK-DM537 notebook and it has 940mx ddr3. I have already overclocked +135 on core and +230 on memory. Temperature is fine. Is modding 940mx vbios possible? I have tried GPU-Z dump, and it gives me error: "Bios reading is not supported on this device." I read old replies on this topic and you say 940mx vbios is in system bios. I have uefi bios. Is this possible?

vidiya2.png

Edited by asgardbekcisi
add image

• Bios Modder
On 11/29/2018 at 4:25 AM, YoreyC said:

Hi Klem, thanks for your help.

Lenovo y50-70

i7 4720hq

gtx 960m

having some trouble tweaking it for best gaming performance (Overwatch). I can play around with CPU clocks and voltage, but the mobile maxwell GFX are leaving some room for improvement.

I have NVFlash but the instructions to use it, linked from the OP, are missing the attachments that tell you what to do.

fadsf.png

Well, in this laptop model, vbios it's a part of main system bios, therefore Nvflash can't read/write vbios in this laptop. You can overclock your 960M with Nvidia Inspector utility.

If you want to try overclock 960M more then +135MHz, you need to modify and then flash your main system bios. Check your PM.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I am a newcomer and wanted to send a message, but now I know I can only reach him here for example, I will post it here.

So sorry everyone for long post, maybe even wrong thread, but I am reffering here (see ---).

Hey @Klem,

I think you could help me a lot.

I have particularly read a 1,5 year old thread on this site  this thread (page 35) where you posted a modified .rom file for the Quadro M2000M for someone, and I can't download it now, so I decided to sign up and give it a try, after using VPN as well, so I guess that link is dead.

But as I see after signing up, you are still active on the site, so maybe better if I tell everything about what I want to do.

So to begin my story, I have a 4 year old Dell Precision M4800 with a Quadro K1100M, i7 4800MQ, FHD display, running on retail Win 10 Pro (for more specs I can give a service tag later).

I was recently thinking about GPU performance improvement, so I have bought a Quadro M2000M card from eBay for only about 160 USD.

Did the decision after reading a long forum on Notebookreview. The slot is the same, TDP is same as the better stock GPU (K2100M), so in short: it should work as many people confirmed it. Also, it is a really big performance improvement, so I can use this laptop for even more years without a desktop, maybe it is obvious, nevermind.

(Why Quadro?: I am working with CADs too, not just gaming)

So, the card I have bought is unfortunately a HP version (but cheaper and new), at least it is described as that, I think can even link that too:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/232952540187

I have a friend working with computer techs (not in a computer service), who already helped me in disassembling my laptop for cleaning, replacing parts etc. (even choosing it), so I have not much expereince in either flashing, modding any BIOS, besides replacing parts with a tutorial, but he has some experience in it, and he is willing to help me in the project, applying thermal paste too, which I have also never done (I know it is important to be done properly).

I am telling this because I am the one who has the time to look up things, such as sending you this message.

The card will be at my place this week, so I don't even know yet how it actually looks (got delivered at other location fine by the way).

As I read the steps on that forum, I know that I have to turn off driver signature to modify the driver .inf file (after checking Vendor ID in GPU-Z), and then it should work fine, maybe with a bit loud fans. What I still don't know for sure, is that it will maybe work only with external displays (I have one Dell U2417H monitor and a docking station, as well as my friend, so that's not a problem, more on that later), because the built-in panel is surely LVDS (checked it with HWInfo and Google search), and some says (and one of my friends contact too) that this card works with eDP only, which means I won't get internal screen with the GPU. So my first question is: do you know anything sure about this?

The second, and current problem is that, as I have downloaded the softwares that we may need, such as the things I have already mentioned (the driver that needs to be modificated, GPU-Z, even Dell vBIOS for this GPU) but also NiBiTor and NVFlash. I tried to use NiBiTor, but it even refuses to open my existing .rom exported with GPU-Z.

I think it doesn't support mobile Quadro cards.

So, the second question is, can you provide me a stock, Dell version .rom of M2000M, and tell me how to open it? Beacuse it seems to be NiBiTor is useless in this case for any future modifications, for example underclocking for lower temps/noise. Or do you think, it would even work with that vBIOS?

I can't give you specific Vendor ID until we got the card in on this Friday with my friend.

Any advice can be useful, and I am new to this, so tried to type everything down as precise as I can.

Even if you can send me that .rom what you uploaded in 2017 is a big help.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Mat

P.S.: Sorry for bad english.

Hi @Klem, can you unlock my vbios for the 840M? (ASUS K451ln)

I already modded the vbios a bit to undervolt the GPU by raising the Max Table Clock, but depending on the game I still got stutters and clock drops that showed in GPU-Z 

as PerfCap Reason: Pwr, which I assume is hitting PowerLimit throttle

but then this only happen in games, in Furmark I can force it to run with 1.2V voltage and doesn't hit that power throttle, so Im hoping that having unlocked TDP maybe could solve the issue.

When I edit my vbios with Maxwell BIOS Tweaker the memory clock and temp target also doesn't seem to stick, hopefully that would be fixed as well

Thanks in advance!

This is my the vbios Im using 840M.rom

And this is the default one I pulled from the latest system bios 840M.bin

895583009_Screenshot(72).thumb.png.6790a5cc9d6523eb8762705d0ef7c766.png

I also tried a modded vbios that presumedly has been unlocked and made for the Acer Aspire E5-572G, but after numerous tries the gpu is not recognized after I replace the vbios using UEFITools (MMTools report a "Invalid FFS" error that I assume due to mismatch checksum since the size of 2 BIOSes are different) Aspire E5-572G.rom

1249342907_Screenshot(73).thumb.png.33771a8470ed8693dc7c681e47e478dc.png

Edited by beater0001

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Klem,

Hoping you're still on this forum for 2019 !

I'm looking for unlocked vbios ( (power limit, overclock and overvolt) of 970m 3Gb in Apache Pro GE62 :

one for 2QF while the other is for 6QF ...

You already did such mod for 2QF on oct,23 2016, and for 6QF on nov,22 2018.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards

2QF.png

6QF.png

GM204(970m,2qf, 84.04.26.00.29)+20maxClock'cap.rom

GM204(970m,6qf, 84.04.76.00.28)+135maxClock'cap.rom

Edited by polo233
attach snapshots & roms

• Bios Modder
19 hours ago, polo233 said:

Hey Klem,

Hoping you're still on this forum for 2019 !

I'm looking for unlocked vbios ( (power limit, overclock and overvolt) of 970m 3Gb in Apache Pro GE62 :

one for 2QF while the other is for 6QF ...

You already did such mod for 2QF on oct,23 2016, and for 6QF on nov,22 2018.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards

2QF.png

6QF.png

GM204(970m,2qf, 84.04.26.00.29)+20maxClock'cap.rom

GM204(970m,6qf, 84.04.76.00.28)+135maxClock'cap.rom

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

I hope asking this question isn't frowned upon, but I'd really like to remove the startup message I get when I use the 980m Slv7 vbios. I love what it does, but slowing down startup to show it every time I want to fire up my PC has resulted in me uninstalling it. I'm worried about just deleting stuff and creating problems. I didn't mind seeing the message that much at first, but I'd like to be able to skip it entirely if possible. If someone could show me what to delete, I'd be very thankful.

• Bios Modder
5 minutes ago, Stairz1012 said:

Hi @Klem

Can you help me unlock my vbios so I can overclock my 980m more than 135mhz?

My laptop: Alienware 17 R3 (GTX980m 4gb)

I already re-pasted my GPU for better cooling

I'm so eager to overclock it 

Thank you in advance!

GM204.rom

Hi!

Ok. Check your PM box.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dear Klem,

You're only hope i can unlock my alienware 15 r2 gtx 980m 8 gb vbios.

If u don't mind, please help me to do it. 

I have own alienware 13 r3 with gtx 1060 but CPU temp hit 100 C while gaming and throttling down so i switching back to my aw 15 r2.

i want the gtx 980m beat the gtx 1060 badly.

Thank you in advance Sirr!!

aw15r2.jpg

GM204.rom

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, aseng said:

Dear Klem,

You're only hope i can unlock my alienware 15 r2 gtx 980m 8 gb vbios.

If u don't mind, please help me to do it. 

I have own alienware 13 r3 with gtx 1060 but CPU temp hit 100 C while gaming and throttling down so i switching back to my aw 15 r2.

i want the gtx 980m beat the gtx 1060 badly.

Thank you in advance Sirr!!

aw15r2.jpg

GM204.rom

Hi!

Ok. Your vbios mod done. Check PM.

Hi @Klem

I saw you already did this for someone else but the vbios is no longer available for download.

Please can you help me unlock my vbios so I can overclock my m2000m beyond the 135mhz limit?
My laptop: HP ZBook G2 running inf modded driver version 385.73

Hope you can hook me up.
Thank you in advance!

Edited by Tech Head Fred

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Tech Head Fred said:

Hi @Klem

I saw you already did this for someone else but the vbios is no longer available for download.

Please can you help me unlock my vbios so I can overclock my m2000m beyond the 135mhz limit?
My laptop: HP ZBook G2 running inf modded driver version 385.73

Hope you can hook me up.
Thank you in advance!

Hi!

Ok. Send me your original stock vbios. I'll take a look.