NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

Update: I was finally able to flash the vbios by using -i o -6 commands and everything seemed to go well, even the prompt said it was successful.. Then I went to enable the gpu in device manager and the whole pc froze. I did a hard restart and now in device manager it says that Windows has disabled 980m because of problems. I tried reflashing but of course its being a b*tch like it was before and not letting me.

Edited by Suitercrew

Hello @Klem, i'm new you in this forum and was looking at this topic for an hour and i asked myself if you could modified a Acer E5 575g 578n , 950m 2gb no G-sync bios to unlock + 135Mz overclocking limit ? 

My laptop running at 62 degrees max ingame and askep myself if i could push the cores beyond the nvidia limit 

Sorry for my grammar , english isn't my native language :)

Thanks you and what an amazing job you're doing here 

NB : if you could send a link about how to flash a vbios i'll be happy because i want to do theses things right and not damage my computer :)

Edited by Mactoco

• Bios Modder
6 hours ago, Mactoco said:

Hello @Klem, i'm new you in this forum and was looking at this topic for an hour and i asked myself if you could modified a Acer E5 575g 578n , 950m 2gb no G-sync bios to unlock + 135Mz overclocking limit ? 

My laptop running at 62 degrees max ingame and askep myself if i could push the cores beyond the nvidia limit 

Sorry for my grammar , english isn't my native language :)

Thanks you and what an amazing job you're doing here 

NB : if you could send a link about how to flash a vbios i'll be happy because i want to do theses things right and not damage my computer :)

Hi
Your bios is write protected, therefore any modified bios can be flashed by using hardware SPI programmer only.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @Klem

i'm noob, and english is not my native language.

can you make a modified vbios for GTX 940MX 4GB on my dell inspiron 7570 ?

In this laptop, the throttle temperature is set at 70 °C, and i want it to reach more than 70 °C.

can you please help me ?

đ.png

Edited by killa

• Bios Modder
9 hours ago, killa said:

Hi @Klem

i'm noob, and english is not my native language.

can you make a modified vbios for GTX 940MX 4GB on my dell inspiron 7570 ?

In this laptop, the throttle temperature is set at 70 °C, and i want it to reach more than 70 °C.

can you please help me ?

đ.png

Hi
Your bios is write protected, therefore any modified bios can be flashed by using hardware SPI programmer only.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi @Klem

I have been digging up the internet to try find a modded vbios for my asus 970m but I have had no luck at all.

I am trying to use core clock above 135+ limit and looking for power adjustment and prevent thermal throttling option in my OC widget.

Are you able to help me with this?

Here is the current vbios I'm using

gt3.rom

• Bios Modder
8 hours ago, Dazza said:

Hi @Klem

I have been digging up the internet to try find a modded vbios for my asus 970m but I have had no luck at all.

I am trying to use core clock above 135+ limit and looking for power adjustment and prevent thermal throttling option in my OC widget.

Are you able to help me with this?

Here is the current vbios I'm using

gt3.rom

Hi!

Ok. Check your PM.

• Bios Modder
16 minutes ago, Dazza said:

@Klem

Ive been flashing the same way I flashed my other vbioses

Is there something i'm doing wrong?

5b278283c4f52_NewBitmapImage.thumb.jpg.cbfca80c254fde21ef959c7bef17115f.jpg

For flash any modified vbios, you should to use special version of nvflash (i sent it to you with vbios), also to flash any GT9XXM (Maxwell core), you should to use command :

nvflash  -6   vbiosname.rom

In your case, use command :  nvflash  -6  970MOD.rom

Hello @svl7 Can i get access to the GTX980m vbios i  made a beer donation from 777damin but the download link is still locked ..please help 

Regards
Damin

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/176563/176563.rom

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/196284/196284.rom

Edited by DAMIN
upload

• 2 weeks later...

@Klem Hi 

i am new to the forum.i don't know english very much sorry for that.So i have a GeForce 940MX needed to be modded.Since my computer is laptop i have to find the vbios from my laptop manufacturers (Acer) website.i downloaded the originial bios and extract roms with PhoenixTool. i look for every rom with hex editor to find vbios.i have the maxwell bios tweaker but i don't know how to use it very much.i just need a stable vbios :angel:.Thanks. if someones need any more information i will check this thread.

4C316C9A-AFD9-4E33-AEAB-26C4A4999910_1603.ROM

• 3 weeks later...
On 14.11.2017 at 10:46 PM, koni.gtx970m said:

Hi,

Please unlock my gtx 970m 3072 MB (medion erazer x7841). 

Please find attached my oryginal bios.

Thank you!

970mx7841.rom

Hi @Klem i have the same same laptop (medion erazer x7841 aka clevo p670re3), could you unlock my vbios? I wish to be able to overclock more than stock 135mhz on core and memory, and increase tdp limit. 

My stock bios: 

Thanks in advance 

gtx970m3gb.rom

Edited by tarquini

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, tarquini said:

Hi @Klem i have the same same laptop (medion erazer x7841 aka clevo p670re3), could you unlock my vbios? I wish to be able to overclock more than stock 135mhz on core and memory, and increase tdp limit. 

My stock bios: 

Thanks in advance 

gtx970m3gb.rom

Hi!

Ok. Check your PM.

• Bios Modder
On 05.08.2018 at 1:57 PM, apo1996 said:

hey @Klem can you take a look at my gtx970m 3gb bios(alienware 15). I wish to unlock his overclock more than the stock 135mhz on core and memory, and maybe voltage control too. Thanks.  

GM204.rom

Hi!

Your unlocked vbios done. Check PM.

2 hours ago, SaK3N said:

@Klem

Here it is.

backup.rom

Hi!

Your unlocked vbios done. Check PM.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Klem !

Sorry to bother you, but I saw that you already helped several members with similar requests, so I thought that you could also help me too by any chance !

I have a 2015 release of the AW 15, 980m 4gb, bios A06 and for the last 3 years, I didn't experience any problem related with performances in-game. However, recently, i've had to face throttleling issues which, aparently, are not uncommon on this rig. Two years ago I downloaded a modded Vbios by Prema, just in case, but I'm affraid I lost the file and for some reason (which is probably a good one), Prema stopped sharing his work with the community.

If I had the skills, I would have modded my bios by myself but I'm affraid to f...up my laptop. So I figured you could help with that ?

Thanks for your pain !

980M gtx AW R1.JPG