NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

High Klem, 

I go by username Raidriar over on Notebookreview, I was wondering if you can make undervolted GTX 980M vBIOS for Alienware 18 using original Dell vBIOS images from here for primary and secondary cards. It MUST use these vBIOS images or else the secondary fan does not activate and the secondary card cooks itself. Please lock maximum voltage to 1.000V (or 0.9870V)

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/4/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=9W9F7

Thank you

• Bios Modder
10 hours ago, technos said:

High Klem, 

I go by username Raidriar over on Notebookreview, I was wondering if you can make undervolted GTX 980M vBIOS for Alienware 18 using original Dell vBIOS images from here for primary and secondary cards. It MUST use these vBIOS images or else the secondary fan does not activate and the secondary card cooks itself. Please lock maximum voltage to 1.000V (or 0.9870V)

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/4/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=9W9F7

Thank you

Hi!

Done. Check PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Klem its take me long resarch to find you finally ,

can u please help to get more potential of my gtx 980m

i have acer predator G9-591  ( i7-6700hq , gtx 980m 4gb )

if u dont mind i need step to Oc thank u so much i will be gratefull if u help me to get more fps

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6370;-;Predator G9-591

Edited by Salah.lghyati

• Bios Modder
9 hours ago, Salah.lghyati said:

Hey Klem its take me long resarch to find you finally ,

can u please help to get more potential of my gtx 980m

i have acer predator G9-591  ( i7-6700hq , gtx 980m 4gb )

if u dont mind i need step to Oc thank u so much i will be gratefull if u help me to get more fps

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6370;-;Predator G9-591

Hi!

Check PM.

• 3 weeks later...

I just upgraded to the 6700k from the 6500 and though it's faster and benching higher, it's still having the same instability issues. The frequency and temps fluctuate greatly in the 3D programs I use and it's driving me nuts. I'm going to do a fresh install of windows and hopefully it resolves this. 

Hi Klem,

Could you please help me in bypassing the 135mhz overclock limit ?

I have an Acer 575g with intel 6100u

GPU specs: 940MX 2GB GDDR5 with 512 shaders

I tried extracting the existing vbios via GPU-Z but go an error stating that bios reading is not supported.

Thank You.

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, ayaythrow said:

Hi Klem,

Could you please help me in bypassing the 135mhz overclock limit ?

I have an Acer 575g with intel 6100u

GPU specs: 940MX 2GB GDDR5 with 512 shaders

I tried extracting the existing vbios via GPU-Z but go an error stating that bios reading is not supported.

Thank You.

Hello!

In your laptop vbios it's a part of main system bios. In that case GPU-Z or Nvflash can not work. We need to modify main system bios, we can to do it, but you can't flash it, because in your laptop bios have strong safeguard from flashing any modified bios. So, only hardware SPI programmer device can help in that case.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Klem said:

Hello!

In your laptop vbios it's a part of main system bios. In that case GPU-Z or Nvflash can not work. We need to modify main system bios, we can to do it, but you can't flash it, because in your laptop bios have strong safeguard from flashing any modified bios. So, only hardware SPI programmer device can help in that case.

Ah, I see.

Thank you very much for replying.

Just in case, what would happen if I did try to flash a modified bios ?

Would it simply refuse to flash ? In that case, we could try without any risk of damage.

I'm able to flash the official bios for Acer 575G from the Acer support site. Perhaps that .exe could be modified ?

Thank you for your help :)

• Bios Modder
2 minutes ago, VanSmuk said:

Hey @Klem

such a generous soul you are, for helping everyone get the best out of their rigs. 

Do you think it's possible to unlock my 970m 6gb on a XMG P706 ( Clevo P671RE ) ?

I would gladly send a few beers your way. . :angel:

Hello!

Ok. Check PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/4/2015 at 12:45 AM, svl7 said:

NVIDIA 'Maxwell' VBIOS mods

Here you find modified VBIOS versions for the mobile parts of the Nvidia 'Maxwell' series.

The VBIOS versions in this post are tweaked for performance and versatility. You'll get almost complete control over the performance parameters of your GPU.

List of available VBIOS mods:

• Nvidia GTX 970m - 'OC edition' rev0 - >> 6 GB Version << - modified by @johnksss & svl7 -> see attachments
  • Nvidia GTX 980m - 'OC edition' rev0 - >> 8 GB Version << - modified by @johnksss & svl7 -> see attachments

Screenshot demonstrating the capabilities of the 970m versions:

post-80-14494998984093_thumb.png

>> Read the instructions carefully before flashing! <<

If anything is unclear after reading or if you have additional remarks, please post in the thread.

Flashing:

- Go to the device manager -> 'Display Adapters' -> chooser your GPU, right click on it and choose disable

- Flash the VBIOS with mnvflash, a modified version of nvflash (see attachments). Here are detailed instructions for nvflash in case you aren't familiar with it.

- After the flashing is done: Enable the GPU once again in the device manager.

- Reboot

Do NOT use driver 347.09, it's broken and useless and won't allow you to overclock, even with the stock firmware.

Don't distribute the files hosted here outside of Tech|Inferno. Don't modify the files you download here.

mnvflash_windows_5.196.zip

Nvidia GTX 980m - 'OC edition' rev0.zip

Nvidia GTX 970m - 'OC edition' rev0.zip

Hi Guys

I'd like to asking : above are OC vbios for GTX 980M n 970M with 6GB VRAM, , my card is a 3GB card,can i use this modded vbios (for 6GB) for my card,with 3GB VRAM ? please ! thanks so much ! regards.

Edited by chaccadao

Hello , i have a Lenovo Ideapad 510 with Nvidia Geforce 940mx 2Gb ddr3 .

The vbios has locked temp priority at 61 °C and it cannot be changed ( It's a nightmare for running games cuz  as soon as the temp reaches 61 degrees the gpu stops working properly 

anyone have the unlocked 940mx bios? pls help :c

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Klem

Can you help me with the download the nvidia GTX 970M - OC edition' rev0.zip please ! i tried to downloaded it,but something wrong with the link,it's directed me to some other page,n i can't get the files,but my monthly allowance limit is up,n i can't get any file for flashing my vbios ! please help me to get the files i'm after ! thnaks so much for ur help Klem

Regards.

• Bios Modder
On 13.01.2018 at 8:26 AM, Homosapiens said:

Hi Klem

Can you help me with the download the nvidia GTX 970M - OC edition' rev0.zip please ! i tried to downloaded it,but something wrong with the link,it's directed me to some other page,n i can't get the files,but my monthly allowance limit is up,n i can't get any file for flashing my vbios ! please help me to get the files i'm after ! thnaks so much for ur help Klem

Regards.

Hi!

Try to use this link:   

19 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Try to use this link:   

Hi Klem

Thanks so much 4 your responded ! but everytime i clicked on the download it said i can only download 5 files per month,and i will able to download the file on 02/13/2018  ? i felt very frustrated,because i can't even had a single file,but it's said i can not download any file,not until another month ! definitely so thing not right at server over there,coz first time i've download the file,it directed me to other page with something about html ..etc...,i tried 2 more times,and the same happen,then third time,it won't let me download any more ??? can u explain to me if i purchase an T I elite membership Tier 4 for $20 per month , do i have to pay every month ? n after says 2-3 months if i can not afford any more,can i cancel it ? please ! thanks so much Klem. i thinks i'm in a bad luck situation here,every one can download without a problem,but me all sort of bad luck !!!!

Hi there, just want to confirm this will work and not brick.

Clevo p751dmg.  Gtx 980m 8th with rising

Cheers

Clevo p751dmg.  Gtx 980m 8gb with g-sync

Cheers

Edited by bitnspcs
Spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
11 hours ago, bitnspcs said:

Clevo p751dmg.  Gtx 980m 8th with rising

Cheers

Clevo p751dmg.  Gtx 980m 8gb with g-sync

Cheers

Hi!

About what you ask? If you ask about mod bios which placed on the first page of this thread, it is for GTX 980m 8gb without G-Sync. If your card with G-Sync, then don't try to flash it! It's break your card!

Edited by Klem