NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

Hi Klem,

Can I please get a GTX970M 3GB mod version with the following setup:

- 1118MHz core

- 1333 MHz memory

After testing it, this doesn't require (for me at least) any further voltage and runs stable.

Thank you.

I have modded my own bios , first time EVER! and IT WORKS stable for the past 4 hours running in Heaven benchmark.

GTX 970M / 3GB version / CLEVO P651SE model. Did a thermal paste with Grizzly Conductonaut + electric tape so everything is safe.

Now I am running on stock voltage with the following frequencies: 

Core : 1202 MHz

Memory: 2901 MHz

Temp full load, 4hours Heave benchmark: 73C 

Good achievement! 

Edited by Xdrqgol

Hello Klem 
You recently helped me with K2100m, today I made an upgrade GPU to M2000M and here my request,
 could you remove the + 135mhz lock and turn the memory to effectively have 6000mhz instead of the original 5000mhz? Thanks a lot.

GM107.rom

• Bios Modder
On ‎24‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 9:03 PM, tyriel said:

Hello Klem 
You recently helped me with K2100m, today I made an upgrade GPU to M2000M and here my request,
 could you remove the + 135mhz lock and turn the memory to effectively have 6000mhz instead of the original 5000mhz? Thanks a lot.

GM107.rom

Hi!

Try attached file.

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 1

Unfortunately after uploading the bios to the GPU the system hangs or reboots I edited the memory clock to stock and the card works with this bios but the
 135mhz lock still works ... :(
 I installed it on a laptop and it has OC lock on vram I do not know if it's a TDP lock, the temperature is ok max 76c (furmark) do you have a patent on it?
I tried to edit the bios but every time the OC memory causes the card to become unstable even 100mhz cause blue screen sometimes, on the internet people write
 that the gtx960m / 860m with these memories is 6000mhz without problem and here is impossible, the card itself has a better power section from 
Soldered 960 / 860m and is better chilled, asic at 80.5% so very well ...
Do you have any idea how to solve this?
Edited by tyriel

• Bios Modder
On ‎27‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 8:37 PM, tyriel said:

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

May be memory on this card can't any OC. But about the +135 limitation try this variant of mod vbios.

Edited by Klem

Hello Guys,

i failed my flash on my 970. i created a bootable usb stick and have nvflash version 5.63. I download an original bios.rom from palit and everytime i use the command nvflash -4 -5 -6 original.rom i get an error in DOS

It Say Firmware image filename must have a *.rom or *.nvr extension

But it is a .rom without space or something else. i tried to rename it o1.rom bios.rom old.rom nothing works. can pls anybody help me.

7 hours ago, Klem said:

May be memory on this card can't any OC. But about the +135 limitation try this variant of mod vbios.

GM1071.rom

Can not gently raise the voltage vram in gpu? Could this help? If you can raise the TDP limit in vbios, then this might help, I think so :) The card is MXM standard with good power section much more specific than soldered 960 / 860m series ...

Btw lock 135mhz removed great thanks
Edited by tyriel

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, tyriel said:

Can not gently raise the voltage vram?

Unfortunately it's impossible to do in vbios. Only hardware volt mod.

3 hours ago, tyriel said:

If you can raise the TDP limit in vbios, then this might help, I think so :)

In my mod vbios the TDP limit i already raised to maximum.

3 hours ago, tyriel said:

Btw lock 135mhz removed great thanks

Very nice.

12 hours ago, Klem said:

Unfortunately it's impossible to do in vbios. Only hardware volt mod.

In my mod vbios the TDP limit i already raised to maximum.

Very nice.

Pity :(, so there is no chance of OC memory? That's why I was wondering why now the bigger result, the same OC: D. So TDP is already at max. So in a nutshell, is it the max capacity of this GPU?

• Bios Modder
13 hours ago, tyriel said:

So TDP is already at max. So in a nutshell, is it the max capacity of this GPU?

Capacity? What's you mean?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I am new to the forum and I have a 980m in an alienware m17x r4 and I would like to be able to download the vBios Nvidia GTX 980m - 'OC edition' rev0 - >> 8 GB Version << - modified by @johnksss & svl7 but I get error
Any help thanks

Hi, I'm good, I have all 5 tickets and you do not let me download.

If you are unable to download this file, it may be due to a combination of the following reasons:

Your account lacks the proper credentials to access this download (eg T | I Elite or promoted permissions).
     Your account has not been validated or may have been disabled due to violations.
     The download is restricted to certain permission groups that you are not currently part of.

If you feel you should have access to this file and do not, then please message an administrator or moderator for resolution.

Hi, I'm already good and I can get the bios of the 980m Nvidia GTX 980m - 'OC edition' rev0 - >> 8 GB Version << - modified by @johnksss & svl7 -> see attachments the truth that has increased performance and but E sometimes I get the black screen while game I have the drivers 384.92 any solution? Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and would like some help. I have a NVIDIA Geforce 940MX 2GB GDDR5 graphic card on my laptop, and I wish to overclock it beyond the 135Mhz limit. Could someone please unlock my VBIOS so that I could do this? I don't seem to be able to use GPU-Z to dump my VBIOS, as it states that BIOS reading is not supported. Similar is the case with MAxwell II Biios Editor and NiBiTor, both of them are unable to detect my GPU and show no information, and NVFlash simply closes if I attempt to type something. Some instructions on how to dump the VBIOS and apply the modded VBIOS would be appreciated as well.

Edited by Ric99

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

first of all - great forum, nice to see people helping each other!

I try to make it short:

I think my clevo P651se (Schenker) is broken but I´m not sure...I must verify that - The reseller (Schenker) says Mainboard broke - I have to buy a new one or at least a new mainboard about 1000 € oO ..hits me hard.

As I can see in Afterburner, when my 970m hits the power target, it goes down to 135mhz and stucks there. It seems the card needs more power?!

I can´t believe that because sometimes I can play for about a half hour or longer. Temps are ok! (about 80 degree celcius)

I just want to play with this laptop or at least verify if its really broken or not :( So I thought I try an OC-Bios with a higher Powerlimit/ optimized Vbios.

this Forum is my last hope, everything else I tried (new windows, actually Vbios, windows settings etc.)

Of course I would donate a amount, thats not the problem :)!

If this is the wrong thread - pls forgive me, I´m new here.

Hope you can help me...Regards

daniel

Edited by Dreckiger_Dan

@Klem Well, actually I have a problem with posting the stock VBIOS. The thing is that GPU-Z doesn't seem to be able to that, and states that bios reading is not supported by the device, and other programs like Maxwell Bios editor don't even seem to detect my bios, as all values are blank. Is there any other way to go about getting the VBIOS? Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by Ric99