NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

Hello Klem, sorry but I shared only a screen. my actually bios is downloadable from MSI website

this: http://download.msi.com/archive/frm_exe/nb/N16E-GX_8404480051.zip

S3O6ndN.jpg

If you can make it I can donate. I wish an OC vbios that let me pass the stock limits of 135mhz on gpu and 500mhz on vram

thx dude

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
12 hours ago, MasterInTheUniverse said:

Hello Klem, sorry but I shared only a screen. my actually bios is downloadable from MSI website

this: http://download.msi.com/archive/frm_exe/nb/N16E-GX_8404480051.zip

S3O6ndN.jpg

If you can make it I can donate. I wish an OC vbios that let me pass the stock limits of 135mhz on gpu and 500mhz on vram

thx dude

Ok. Check your PM box.

On 12/22/2016 at 11:44 AM, LordTyler said:

Is there a 980m vBIOS for a Sager NP8268-s that allows for undervolting the GPU?

I am getting major stutters during gameplay at stock clocks using Premas vBIOS v2 and I cannot drop the voltage to compensate.

Any suggestions?

Anyone?

• Bios Modder
10 hours ago, LordTyler said:

Anyone?

I think that in your case the best way it's ask Prema. He is a guru in bios and vbios for Clevo and Sager laptops.

12 hours ago, SionXBarzahd said:

Hi I'm new to this website I've been searching a person to mod my vbios I see you have a good reputation modding vbios I was hoping can you mod my I have msi gs60 ghost pro 4k skylake, gtx 970m 6gb, model is ms-16h7

GM204.rom

Check your PM.

Anyone please offer any advice or help with the following?

I have successfully flashed my 2 x 8GB 980M's fitted within an Alienware 18 that actually DELL themselves fitted through a inside friend (Btw i know the lack of fan driver support and i use HWINFO) with the OC VBIOS provided on page 1, however on running 3DMark Firestrike it now crashes. I have tested with stock clocks and also slightly raised clocks. Rather than replace the Bios to its default via backups anyone have a VBIOS or any advice that may allow this to work?

Attached is the original bios of my cards (980MO0) and the one i used (Should be same as page 1) renamed as 980MOC. Finally also a GPUZ screenshot of one of my 980M's. Again both have the same new VBIOS currently installed.

Many thanks

Danny

980MO0.rom

980MOC.rom

GPUZ Screenshot.gif

• Bios Modder
15 hours ago, Solaire said:

Hi Klem, as you  see I'm new to this forum and I posted something and waited for an eventual promotion to download that file but I'm still here.

Please could you send it via PM? Thank you.

Check your PM.

Just got a Lenovo e570 with 950m gddr5 2GB and i7 7500u and want to OC GPU past the 135mhz limit as it doesn't break a sweat doing so. Was able to extract the bios with FPT and mod limits but unable to flash back due to a PRR error. 

Any ideas on what to try or do next? Very little info on this machine out there...

On 12/30/2016 at 0:57 AM, Klem said:

I think that in your case the best way it's ask Prema. He is a guru in bios and vbios for Clevo and Sager laptops.

Check your PM.

Thanks for the response.

Will the vBIOS on the first page work for my computer?

I would like to try another version as Prema doesn't seem to be around to ask for assistance.

On 12/30/2016 at 0:57 AM, Klem said:

Check your PM.

Thanks Klem.

I still cant download the vBIOS file.

Any suggestions?

Edited by LordTyler

On 1/20/2017 at 11:13 PM, Klem said:

I think you can try it.

Thanks again Klem.

This vBIOS works much better!  No more stutter at stock clocks.  The voltage is set at 1.000 which seems to have helped the throttling due to power.  Do you have a vBIOS that is set to an even lower voltage at default?

I would like to overclock my card but anything over 1116 on the core causes intermittent stuttering due to power.  I have a 240 watt power supply so that shouldn't be the case.  Seems like my card is very sensitive to voltage but still has some room to stretch.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

On 1/21/2017 at 11:18 AM, Klem said:

On 1/24/2017 at 6:32 PM, LordTyler said:

Thanks again Klem.

This vBIOS works much better!  No more stutter at stock clocks.  The voltage is set at 1.000 which seems to have helped the throttling due to power.  Do you have a vBIOS that is set to an even lower voltage at default?

I would like to overclock my card but anything over 1116 on the core causes intermittent stuttering due to power.  I have a 240 watt power supply so that shouldn't be the case.  Seems like my card is very sensitive to voltage but still has some room to stretch.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Klem,

Do you know of a vBIOS with a .950 voltage at default?