NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

@Klem @johnksss huge thanks for the vbios. Also huge thanks to @J95 for the driver mod inf.  you guys are the reason I love this forum! I am changing my gpu in the near future, but before I do, Im having some stability issues with the 1.0v on the 980m vbios from the first post. When I bump the voltage up to 1.025 I get full stability. My asic quality is 81.3%. (quite good from what I understand.) long story short, is there any way one of you can quickly mod the original 980m vbios from this thread for me to default to 1.025v.  I fully intend to pay in beer! 

Thanks!

• Bios Modder
On ‎22‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 9:11 AM, loafer987 said:

@Klem @johnksss huge thanks for the vbios. Also huge thanks to @J95 for the driver mod inf.  you guys are the reason I love this forum! I am changing my gpu in the near future, but before I do, Im having some stability issues with the 1.0v on the 980m vbios from the first post. When I bump the voltage up to 1.025 I get full stability. My asic quality is 81.3%. (quite good from what I understand.) long story short, is there any way one of you can quickly mod the original 980m vbios from this thread for me to default to 1.025v.  I fully intend to pay in beer! 

Thanks!

This is for you.

980M_1025V.zip

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
5 minutes ago, steven005140 said:

@Klem hey, you said above that it's possible to create unlocked VBIOS for my MSI ge62 2qf, gtx970m 3gb

how do I go about doing it?

Send me your file stock vbios via PM. I'll look at it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
On ‎07‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 11:38 PM, mclarke2355 said:

@Klem

Hi,

would you be so kind to unlock the VBios of the 940MX graphics card for me?
It's from a Lenovo T560 notebook.

940MX VBIOS.rar

Hi!

Done.

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Done.

940MX VBIOS.rar

Thank you very much!

The VBios works fine, but sadly the 135MHz OC-limit is still in place for me (see screenshot).

I'm using this VBios with a Nvidia 840M GPU as both cards have the same chip/are just differing in clocks (IDs adapted, graphics are working fine) and I wanted to have the greater boost table.

Also (unlike this 940MX VBios) the original 840M VBios had a hard lock at 900MHz memory clock that I couldn't change with the Maxwell Bios Tweaker.

Do you have another idea on how to remove the limit?

NvidiaInspector.png

3 hours ago, Klem said:

Ok. Try this variant.

940MX VBIOS.rar

This one actually removed the 135MHz-limit for me. Thank you so much!

I'll send you a donation in the next few days for the great work.

If you don't mind and if it's possible, could you also unlock the power- and temperature-target sliders and make the voltage slider usable (voltages aren't applied currently)?

NvidiaInspector_2.png

• Bios Modder
15 hours ago, mclarke2355 said:

If you don't mind and if it's possible, could you also unlock the power- and temperature-target sliders and make the voltage slider usable (voltages aren't applied currently)?

Power Target and Power Limit now already unlocked and set to unlimited, and now it not necessarily to regulate. Voltage slider already unlocked, but if voltages settings aren't applied currently, try this things:

1. Completely uninstall MSI Afterburner with all settings. Reboot laptop.

2. Download and install the program DDU (NVIDIA drivers uninstaller). Run it and completely uninstall all NVIDIA drivers. Reboot laptop.

3. Download and install NVIDIA drivers 359.06 version. Install it with option "Clean Install". Reboot laptop.

Then you can start overclock your card. For overclock use NVIDIA Inspector.

Hi,

I have a Proteus II laptop with a 970m 6gb version. Probably one of the rarer laptops going around so pretty certain I won't be able to find a flashed bios for my setup. Motherboard is made by Quanta, type NL8B if that's any help. Would you be able to help please?

Hello , i have a Lenovo Ideapad 510 with Nvidia Geforce 940mx 4Gb ddr3 .

The vbios has locked temp priority at 61 °C and it cannot be changed ( It's a nightmare for running games cuz  as soon as the temp reaches 61 degrees the gpu stops working properly ). it sounds the only way to solve the issue is flashing bios .

the problem is i can't extract my vbios via  " gpu-Z " . when i want to save the bios this error appears : " bios reading not supported on this device "

i know how to use nvflash but i can't access my bios file. anyone have the original bios for this vga ? it would mean a world to me if you help me .

thanks     

Untitled.jpg

11.jpg

Edited by masoud.l91

can this be done with nvflash? I don't have mnvflash.

Will this work on a 2013 Alienware 17 with 120 Hz screen? I have a G-sync enabled (1617 type) GTX 980M I bought on ebay, it's not working on my Alienware. Cannot find BIOS for it. I flashed a few 1617 type vBIOS'es I found on techpowerup but it's the same problem. Windows starts (only if something's plugged to HDMI outlet) but the graphics card is not recognized.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Spaceway said:

@Klem,Hi can you unlock my vbios and remove 135mhz OC limit , please.

840m.rom

Send me the file backup of your bios via PM. I'll look at it.

For creating backup of bios use attached program. Unzip attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the program as Administrator (right click mouse). Program will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Send me this archive "results" via PM.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

Hi everyone and merry xmas, even if in late :D 

I own an Acer Predator 15, model G9-591, with a gtx 970m 3gb

I searched here for a custom vbios to unlock voltages and clock limits, but i haven't found anything for my model.

Can anyone help me? Thank you! :) 

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Solaire said:

Hi everyone and merry xmas, even if in late :D 

I own an Acer Predator 15, model G9-591, with a gtx 970m 3gb

I searched here for a custom vbios to unlock voltages and clock limits, but i haven't found anything for my model.

Can anyone help me? Thank you! :) 

Post here your stock vbios, I'll try look at it, what we can do with it.