NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

hi all,

I have a MSI GS70 2QE with an i7 4710hq and gtx 970m 3GB.

Can I use these bios / mods for my model or will I brick something?

The Problem is, my standard voltage is to high (1.006) and the 970m keeps throttling at 87° down to ~850-900mhz, thats so frustrating :(.

I want to undervolt my GPU and increase thermal and power limit.

It would be great if someone can help me.

Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16488[/ATTACH]

Tried flashing and I keep getting this error. Anybody know why?

You are using the wrong NVFLASH. Just use the one modded for Notebooks from the OP.

• Bios Modder
I got the Asus G751JY-T7004H 17.3" i7-4710HQ with a 4gb video card memory 980m and Im very glad I found this site. Will this work on my laptop ? Right now its locked and I cant go forther then 135 on core //regards Rockya

Just use this link: http://forum.techinferno.com/asus/11126-%5Bvbios-mods%5D-asus-prema-mod.html

All files and instructions you can see in archive from this link.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello, i have Asus G751JT with the 3GB version of GTX970M. I have tryed the vBIOS given by a guy on youtube but i was not happy with the results. +250 on core and +400 on memory with 1.06 mV was the best i could get. I will try Prema's vBIOS mod and see how it goes.

ADMIN NOTE: Posting pirated T|I works is not allowed. 

rexizam said:
Hello, i have Asus G751JT with the 3GB version of GTX970M. I have tryed the vBIOS given by a guy on youtube but i was not happy with the results. +250 on core and +400 on memory with 1.06 mV was the best i could get. I will try Prema's vBIOS mod and see how it goes.

I wouldn't bother. You should be happy with +250. I can't even get +220 on my 970m 3gb. Tried up to 1.150v and 200% Power Target (which I realize is useless as the TDP never goes above 60% at any clock).

Pretty sure it's not my GPU itself that is failing, I'm thinking it's the circuitry around it. The VRM's specifically.

I can't even gain 50 mHz more on my GPU than my original overclock. Even if I could do 50 mHz I wouldn't bother... I wasn't looking for a paltry 50mhz increase. I was looking for at least 150mhz.

70.4% ASIC on my card, 180w PSU and it never draws more than 150w. Either way Im at a loss, everybody else has better results than me. Everyone.

I usually always lose the Silicon lottery but not this badly.... really bummed out by this to be honest.

Hello,

i have a GTX980M(MXM 3.0B) from MSi with 4gb in P751DM and searching vBios with overvolt and other like stuff.

vBios-Version: 84.04.22.00.0C

The vBios make:

• Power throttle disabled for good
  • Over-voltage slider enabled and adjusted (up to the maximum of 1.2v)
  • Activated and adjusted thermal slider (to keep it cooler if desired)
  • Core overclock slider raised
  • Fixed 3D voltage base-line in order to stabilize OCs and voltage-match both cards in SLI (based on average ASIC)
  • Thermal protection @ 92c (once 91c are breached the system throttles volts and clocks in order to protect it)
  • Protection against Furmark and Kombustor GPU burnout (AVOID those software even with stock vBIOS)!

Thanks!!!

Hi guys,

Has anybody tried flashing a VBIOS to a soldered 3GB GTX 970m GPU like I have in my MSI GS70?

I want to flash, but don't know if it's possible, because I read the VBIOS is in the BIOS.

Just want a lower voltage to reduce heat.

Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

anyway or any instructions on how to flash this on UEFI mode?

been searching the forums and google for answers but no luck..

as of now im using premas vbios for 980m which is easy to install by just clicking it and its working great but i still experience a bit of shut down or trotting 

i want to give this a try since i saw a forum post that this mod offers more stability for longer period use especially for gaming. thanks :)

-edit-

also when i tried dragging the vbios on the mnvflash.exe its gave me the "simplified version for OEM only"

when i did this with gpu disabled as instructed it gave me an error that was too fast i coudnt even read it lol

On ‎24‎.‎11‎.‎2015 at 0:35 PM, zane55 said:

Hi guys,

Has anybody tried flashing a VBIOS to a soldered 3GB GTX 970m GPU like I have in my MSI GS70?

I want to flash, but don't know if it's possible, because I read the VBIOS is in the BIOS.

Just want a lower voltage to reduce heat.

Thanks

Same here. Plus I still lack a 970m 3GB vBios. Best regards - phila

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2015 at 6:58 AM, ijozic said:

I've upgraded to a 980M, but can't flash the unlocked vBIOS from the 1st post.

Can anyone unlock my stock vBIOS for overclocking?

Thanks.

980m_orig.zip

The first post on this thread for your 980m vbios is working. all you have to do is do the following :

- Click "Disable" 980m under device manager

- "Create a folder" in drive c: "Mnvflash" and put the files of mnvflash in that folder together with the 980mvbios in it

Just a reminder when executing this command under dos, the original file  is too long which contain spaces. try to shorten the long file  from

"Nvidia 980m rev0.rom" to "980m.rom"

- Go to "command prompt" (DOS) with administrative priviledges

- Once  your in Command Prompt, go to Mnvflash and input the following command:

ex: c:\mnvflash -6 bios.rom (where "bios.rom" is the file of your vbios)

Edited by omega939

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2016 at 8:06 PM, omega939 said:

The first post on this thread for your 980m vbios is working. all you have to do is do the following :

- Click "Disable" 980m under device manager

Disabling my only display adapter doesn't seem like a smart thing to do :)

Though I've noticed mnvflash requires the display driver to be uninstalled so I'll try again and report back.

Edited by ijozic

On 11/1/2016 at 6:32 PM, ijozic said:

Disabling my only display adapter doesn't seem like a smart thing to do :)

Though I've noticed mnvflash requires the display driver to be uninstalled so I'll try again and report back.

YOU GOT 2 GRAPHIC CARD IN YOUR COMPUTER 1 INTEL 1 NVIDIA I THINK  , @ijozic so its safe to do or i think your are a noob ???? you will only disable the nvidia but your screen will work and after the job enable it .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
4 hours ago, Liuteva said:

Any for GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 for ASUS G501JW?

In this laptop vbios is a part of main system bios. Therefore for unlock GTX 960M in ASUS G501JW you need flash mod system bios into laptop.