NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

Ok. Now you can try flash this 3 different stock MSI vbios for GTX 980M.

Ok, here are the results:

first vBIOS

0A

exclamation mark in Windows as secondary MXM card

wrong memory size

when primary it won't post, system won't detect the card

second vBIOS

0B

no exclamation mark as secondary MXM card

third vBIOS

0C

reverted back to original 07 vBIOS

everything works fine except for laptop RGB-led screen

I am pretty sure now you can't use a 980M vBIOS on a 970M.

Currently typing from my secondary dell screen using my GTX 970M.\

I don't think I've ever seen anyone test a Maxwell GPU (eg 980M/970M) in an M17xR2. It's possible that Maxwell just aren't compatible for whatever reason. For instance, Maxwell are not compatible with M17xR3 - won't POST. Maxwell is compatible with the old M15x though. If your system is heavily related to the M15x in terms of when the product was released and the way the BIOS and system is set up.

Yeah, I know, I like to test things and push them beyond their limit. The M17x R2 is similar to the M15x . Hence why the 970M is partially working, only the internal RGB LED screen is not working properly. I am currently playing SC2 on the 970M installed in my M17x R2, just that I using my external monitor. It could be a BIOS fix, it could be a vBIOS fix. With other 970M vBIOS the image was even more messed up on my internal laptop display so I think it is fixable and I am willing to pay to get it fixed.

• Bios Modder
Ok, here are the results:

first vBIOS

0A

exclamation mark in Windows as secondary MXM card

wrong memory size

second vBIOS

0B

third vBIOS

0C

reverted back to original 07 vBIOS

everything works fine except for laptop RGB-led screen

I am pretty sure now you can't use a 980M vBIOS on a 970M.

Currently typing from my secondary dell screen using my GTX 970M.\

Oh... I am wrong, forget that you have 970M instead 980M. :)

Ok. Now you can try flash this 4 different stock MSI vbios for GTX 970M

MSI970M.zip

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh... I am wrong, forget that you have 970M instead 980M. :)

Ok. Now you can try flash this 4 different stock MSI vbios for GTX 970M

_1

BIOS 84.04.35.00.15

Image is even more messed up, with ghosting and lines.

Will get into Windows but I have no image unless I boot in SafeMade.

_2

BIOS 84.04.22.00.06

Image is even more messed up, with ghosting and lines.

Will boot into Windows, but it's very hard to make anything out.

After installing the drivers the LED strip stopped working but in the complete darkness of the screen I could tell the colours where no longer messed up, the lines dissapears but there was still some ghosting.

None of the external ports were working.

_3

BIOS 84.04.22.00.07

Same as my stock vBIOS.

Everything works except for the internal RGB led screen having it's colours messed up (there are no lines or ghosting present).

_4

BIOS 84.04.22.00.08

Seems to be the same as my stock vBIOS.

Everything works except for the internal RGB led screen having it's colours messed up (there are no lines or ghosting present).

However, during driver installation, when the screen went on and off, for a split second the colours on the laptop screen actually looked normal... strange.

Hi, mnvflash won't recognize my 980m using nvflash -a command, I'm using win8.1, any help pleash?

Because it's a console program, and must run in command prompt window.

Yeah, I realized that. Thanks for answering my stupid question.

• Bios Modder
Why the mnvflash closes automatically for me? I just press Enter twice and it closes itself. I'm using win8.1, anyone know why?

Is this mnvflash's command line as same as nvflash? Because when I try to use mnvflash -a/mnvflash -b, the program freezes. Therefore I don't dare to use mnvflash -6, afraid of mess up sth. Anyone have the same problem?

Is this mnvflash's command line as same as nvflash? Because when I try to use mnvflash -a/mnvflash -b, the program freezes. Therefore I don't dare to use mnvflash -6, afraid of mess up sth. Anyone have the same problem?

I know you already flashed with different version of nvflash, but that is how you do it the old way:

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/8560-nvidia-maxwell-vbios-mods-900m-series-overclocking-versions-37.html#post123356

Ive just purchased a p375sm-a with dual 970m's. Are these vbios mods compatible with this clevo model? Is there instructions on how to flash the second card or just the first? (I cannot download yet until i have made 5 posts)

Thanks

Hi I have a Alienware 15, 2015 model with Geforce GTX 980m 4gb Graphics. I am looking for an unlocked bios for it . I understand you can get the 8gb version on the first page but cant find one for mine? I have looked all over the web and cant find anything!!! Its driving me nuts!!!

Any help would be great. Ps is the problem because it is soldered to the board?

Hy

I am new to overcklocking laptop gpu`s modded vbios etc.

i have the asus rog g751jt-t7093h with the gtx 970m 3gb. I managed to get +135 MHZ on core and +300 MHZ on ram it wont let me do more.

Can someone help me with a modded vbios for this card.

hello,

i just did download that bios for my GTX 980m (in a msi gt60 2od) ... but there is no way overlocking it ... my driver (newest for windows 10) would always crash .. (TDP error detected )

No matter what voltage or Mhz. Always this problem.':(

anyone knows why? with the perma and stock bios i never saw this error.

• 4 weeks later...

So how come nobody has made a 980m vbios with "baked in" overclocks??? Is it not possible to do??? The 980m is capable of so much more than the unlocked rev 0 bios! If we were able to overclock the vbios we wouldn't have to worry about stupid NVIDIA disabling overclocking!!!

So how come nobody has made a 980m vbios with "baked in" overclocks??? Is it not possible to do??? The 980m is capable of so much more than the unlocked rev 0 bios! If we were able to overclock the vbios we wouldn't have to worry about stupid NVIDIA disabling overclocking!!!

That is precisely why we have an unlocked vBIOS... NVIDIA have limited OCing but with this vBIOS no such problems..

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Hi guys

I read all 60 pages of this forum, very interesting.:83: But I have a few questions. Hope they are not too obvious so please bare with me since I am a noobie on this subject ;)

I have an Asus G751JY with 980m (4 Gb). I understand it has a soldered GPU.

On the other hand most guys here have Clevo/MSI which if I understand well come with a MXM module 980m (8 Gb).

What I don't understand is the following: I was under the impression that in the case of soldered GPU's (like mine), the gpu bios is inside the central bios (not on the GPU). Am I right on this? If so:

1) how can some of the guys with G751 on this forum flash the GPU bios directly to the GPU with nvflash/mvflash?

I thought in the case of Asus (my case) you have to first extract the "vBIOS" from "central bios", then open it with a program like Maxwell tweaker (I tried but seems to not open my vBIOS) or HEX it, then mod it (volt, Mhz) and then put it back in the "central bios" as to have a new modded bios to flash on motherboard.

2) What do people mean when they say "unlocked" bios? Is it like an original dump GPU bios? Or is it an original dumped bios that has been modded to be "unlocked"

I apologise in advance if my questions don't seem not to make sense, I am not native english so I hope I made questions clear enough...

Hi Everybody!

Do I need to uninstall nvidia drivers before the flashing process? When I tried to save the backup.rom file the mnvflash showed me a warning saying that I should make sure that the Nvidiai Display Driver is uninstalled. Or disabling it from Device Manger is enough?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Everybody!

Do I need to uninstall nvidia drivers before the flashing process? When I tried to save the backup.rom file the mnvflash showed me a warning saying that I should make sure that the Nvidiai Display Driver is uninstalled. Or disabling it from Device Manger is enough?

disabling is enough

Hi Everybody, first of all sorry for my english:torn:

i bought a gtx980m from eurocom website to replace gtx880 in the alienware m17x r5. first of all i don't know why but this card is not recognized by any kind of official driver and i need always to replace the .inf file.

anyway i noticed that whit stock driver and bios was throttling realy often and i decided to flush few vbios just to try. i tried prema, msi , clevo bios but after few minutes without throttling i have tdp error and everything crush. this is happening whit win 10 and 8.1 and whit different kind of driver...

the worst thing is that i lost the stock bios and even whit some msi or clevo stock bios i have this kind of problem but less then custom vbios.

looks like i can overclock ram frequency without any problem but if i touch voltage and gpu frequency goes in error. now i tried to reduce 50 mhz leaving voltage on "-0+. seems to be better but still unstable and i think i will come back to stock frequency. just for information the max reached temperature with more than 1250mhz was 74 c

any suggestion? and please if somebody bought my same gpu can send me the stock bios? i will appreciate

post-38938-14495000725062_thumb.png

Hi all, just recently I manage to install a pair of GTX 980M in my M18X-R2 replacing my good old 780Ms and there is some stuff I need to know, mainly about Nvidia Inspector and how to set up correctly the clocks to prevent throttle and why can't I adjust the power target. Btw my cards are already flashed with Prema mod 1.1.1 and I`m using the latest nvidia drivers. Can someone help Thanks

post-12287-14495000729956_thumb.jpg

post-12287-1449500072967_thumb.jpg