NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

Hi there I go a question concerning the GPU clock in realtion to the GPU usage.

I can use the highes bost state as long as the GPU Usage is belol a certain point (80%) if the GPU is used above this threshold the boost will not fully be available?

I always thought the boost state depended on the temperature of the system?!?

Would you be so kind as to tell me something about this. Especially: Why would I need a high boost state if the card is only Used to about 65%??

Best regards

phila

Alright, gonna start trying overclocking on my 980ms little by little since the stock limit can be easily reached. Which vbios are "better" or what specs do they have? I have only seen GT80 users with prema vbios.

what is the recommended voltage? so far with stock +25mv I can get +135 core +350mhz memory. Higher than that seems unstable and cause artifacts at times/screen freezing etc.

Don't have MSI, but I use Asus GPU Tweak, setting is 1275 core and 5800 memory @ stock voltage. Stable playing hours of Crysis 3.

any news on a 4gb version for the g751 yet guys ? much appreciated

Friend's OC with Asus +135 and 5800 on memory with Asus Tweak is not very different from mine. You can ask and maybe they will be kind to work on it, it's really not a big deal, it's a good OC and the results are comparable to what I see Clevo users are getting with larger OC and over-volting.

• Bios Modder
Don't have MSI, but I use Asus GPU Tweak, setting is 1275 core and 5800 memory @ stock voltage. Stable playing hours of Crysis 3.

Friend's OC with Asus +135 and 5800 on memory with Asus Tweak is not very different from mine. You can ask and maybe they will be kind to work on it, it's really not a big deal, it's a good OC and the results are comparable to what I see Clevo users are getting with larger OC and over-volting.

May be you can post here your result in 3D Mark2011 with stock and OC clocks?

Is there an unlocked bios for the 3GB 970m Alienware 17 2015?

Or do I need to get with someone for a custom bios?

It looks like there's only the 6GB version of the 970M to download. On the first page of the thread svl7 said that he would mod a 3GB version if he had time - looks like he didn't do it. Prema has been doing vBIOS mods of the new Maxwell cards, and my understanding is that they will work on Alienwares too - see if you can find his threads on Tech Inferno & confirm that they're compatible with your Alienware.

HI civlciv388a

may i can help u out. What kind of Notebook do u have? And which GPU / GPUs u have? I had the same problem and solved it, so give me/us more informations.

@svl7

I have a problem with ure vBios for the 980m Clevo cards. I got 2 x 980m and flashed both with ure vBios. The problem i have is, that both Cards never go in 3D Clock Mode, that means on 3D games like AC Unity or FC 4 they do not go in 3D mode. I tested the Prema mod for my cards, no problems! Do u have an idea?

Specs:

M18x R2

CPU: i73940XM

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance

HDD: 750GB SSD Raid0

Graphics: 2xGTX980m @ Prema OC mod

PSU: 330 Watt Dell

eQualize87

Dear svl7

I want overclock my graphic memory clock to a higer frequency,but i can only overclock my GTX870M's memory clock to about 1550,or my GTX980M’s memory clock to about 1476,so is there any way to add the graphics memory voltage?thank you

• 2 weeks later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14123[/ATTACH]hi can anyone help me please, I have a asus G751JT with GTX970M and I can not flash, getting the error message at the end of the process

Hey, you need to use the nvidia vbios FLash that does not need signature. Just google it and you will find one

General question about the 980M's vBIOS; is it GOP enabled? (if that's the right term?) As in, can you boot with a 980M as a discrete card on a system that boots via UEFI? I know you couldn't on some older GTX 660M's without updating the vBIOS.

OK, thank you, you did answer my question in the literal sense but what I'm really after here is a link, download, or a procedure. I mean I'm sure it CAN be done, but as yet I've been unable to come up with anything that works. nVidia has disabled overclocking at the vBIOS and/or driver level, and since this thread is about modded vBIOS for the 970m & 980m, I was hoping to inspire a mod for the 960m as well.

I can provide my stock vBIOS if necessary.

OK, thank you, you did answer my question in the literal sense but what I'm really after here is a link, download, or a procedure. I mean I'm sure it CAN be done, but as yet I've been unable to come up with anything that works. nVidia has disabled overclocking at the vBIOS and/or driver level, and since this thread is about modded vBIOS for the 970m & 980m, I was hoping to inspire a mod for the 960m as well.

I can provide my stock vBIOS if necessary.

Upload ure Bios please, i'll give it a try.

eQualize87

- - - Updated - - -

General question about the 980M's vBIOS; is it GOP enabled? (if that's the right term?) As in, can you boot with a 980M as a discrete card on a system that boots via UEFI? I know you couldn't on some older GTX 660M's without updating the vBIOS.

Yes it is enabled. I Use UEFI with 2x980m SLI in my Alienware M18x R2, it works perfectly :-)

eQualize87

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys... I have a 980m and Alw17 and M15x.... In M15x the card works flawless, but in alienware 17 when a try to use mnvflash the program get so lazy and I have to be waiting and waiting until i give up and finish the work in Task manager. Had anyone that issue?