NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

Awesome! I can't wait to try this tonight. Should the nvidia drivers be removed or is it okay to have them installed, just disable the gpu in device manager when flashing?

No, I mean 3dMark11. There's no 3dMark13 anyways :P

Hehe) That's how some people call Fire Strike - 3dmark13!

I thought you were talking about overclocked results for the GPU, cause i saw Prema 970M run and he hit 10.1k GPU score in Fire strike!

you are the best! by the way.. are you sure it is 3dmark 11? because i already got the 1.3k graphic score from 3d mark 11 test... not even flashing bios yet.

may be you mean the Fire Strike?

That was just a guideline for people to see whether the card is performing as it should. The vbios is not overclocked by default since every system and card can behave differently.

I've seen people posting benchmarks with a 980m having 10k GPU score in 3dM11 and wondering whether everything's okay - well, in that case it's not. That's why I put those numbers there, for people who aren't that familiar with how it should perform and don't know what they can expect.

With overclocking you can get 16k+ GPU score in 3dM11 with the 980m and 14k+ with the 970m.

• Thumbs Up 2

I followed the procedure.

and did the following (under command prompt - admin)

-Disabled 970m under device manager

- command prompt with administrative priviledges

- Went to Mnvflash and input the following command:

ex: c:\mnvflash -6 bios.rom

and i get this error

"ERROR: FIrmware image filename must have a valid extension. (.rom .nvr. efr. ef)

I've got the vbios version Clevo 970M vbios version 84.04.22.00.13. used with MSI GT60-16F3

====

Update :

Got to flashed it.. the file name is too long so the solution is just to put the name like this . ex: c:\mnvflash -6 Nvidia~1.rom

then follow the procedure.

Eh guys.. what's the safest setting to oc the core and mem clock and as well as adjusting the power limit for 970m? tnx

For 24/7 i'd recommend any highest overclock you can achieve with no voltage bump. For benching - there're no limits! Just make sure your temps are in safe range, not more than 85C.

Thank you to both of you for all of your hard work and dedication to this community. Where is the tip jar?

What exact does the power limit slider effect? I understand the voltage offsets, but not sure exactly what the power limit does and how its effected by the limit I impose. I assume 100% is stock.

Thank you to both of you for all of your hard work and dedication to this community. Where is the tip jar?

What exact does the power limit slider effect? I understand the voltage offsets, but not sure exactly what the power limit does and how its effected by the limit I impose. I assume 100% is stock.

The power slider will determine the maximum power that the GPU can draw in Watts. If you overclock then you'll want to increase the power slider beyond 100%, otherwise the GPU will throttle it's clocks when it hits the 100% limit. If I had such a GPU, and my temperatures were good, then I'd just put the power slider to max to avoid any power related throttling.

• Thumbs Up 1