Ram Upgrade / Pls help.

runix18

So I was thinking to upgrade my RAM memory for my Alienware Mx17 R4 and I saw a lot of memories with over 1600 mhz DDR 3 that i curently have (2x 4Gb Micron 1600mhz ddr3).

My question is that will i have an improvment in performance if i Upgrade to 1866 mhz ddr3 or to 2133 mhz ddr3, and if will work on this laptop.

it depends on what your computer activities are.

if you do only some text edition, it will be a bad idea

You will not gain that's much, by that i mean that you will not notice improvements without an appropriate tool. Except if you are an hardcore gamer who search for these little fps gain :3

• 1 month later...

Does someone knows for sure if the 1866mhz or 2133 mhz ddr3 works on r4? Does someone have them in theyr system? Coz i want to upgrade to 4x4gb corsair vengeance at 1866mhz and i dunno if they work in r4 or not

Hey brother!

this is what I've found on the topic,

will 1866mhz ram run at 1866mhz on a R4? | NotebookReview

On post #11 he posts a picture of his Alienware m17r4 successfully accepting 2133Mhz.

I cannot guarantee you will have results, but it sounds legit!

20 days late... but your question was NOT answered previously, Good luck!