GTX 970M Overclocking

• 5 weeks later...
I'm going to try Prema's bios mod for my P650SE with the 970m today and I'll let you know how it goes :) Some people have had really great success with pushing the 970m close to the speeds of the 980m at stock.

I am actually waiting for the progress update for the unlocked vbios for the 970M on an Asus computer. Sadly the other vbios that svl7 posted is not compatible with my card. :(

I am actually waiting for the progress update for the unlocked vbios for the 970M on an Asus computer. Sadly the other vbios that svl7 posted is not compatible with my card. :(

nothing yet he hasnt uploaded the vbios yet for asus...

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased some MX4 Thermal paste, waiting for it to ship in, has anyone else here tried this stuff? if so what kind of figures in temp drop did the see with the 970m?

really want to overclock a little but just enough to keep fan speeds down. heard good things about the MX4 but nothing concrete with the 970m.

anyways, let me know. as soon as my shipment comes in, ill post my temperature results without overclocking.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...
yes it will. the clevo vbios will brick your card. the vbios i sent you through pm is only for ASUS G751JT so you are safe to use the one i sent you.

Is there any way you can walk me through flashing the vbios on the 751jt? I'm a 21 yr old navy noob interested in overclocking that sucka. PM me if you will? :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey guys..got my asus g751jt today and did some overclocking on the stock vbios and what a beast of a card...[ATTACH=CONFIG]13397[/ATTACH] any one else did some ocing on this card yet?

What are your parameters? I cannot see the image :(

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 08/12/2014 at 10:44 PM, kingkaan said:

Hey guys..got my asus g751jt today and did some overclocking on the stock vbios and what a beast of a card...stockoc.jpg any one else did some ocing on this card yet?

Hi people, I have the same laptop and I have read about the amazing OC potential for this rig. However, I am a complete noob at OC'ing so would really appreciate an idiots guide to cranking the power up. Any and all advise gratefully recieved!

On 08/12/2014 at 10:44 PM, kingkaan said:

Hey guys..got my asus g751jt today and did some overclocking on the stock vbios and what a beast of a card...stockoc.jpg any one else did some ocing on this card yet?

Hello there, I have just downloaded the correct prema mod for this rig and am looking for install instructions and suggestions for OC software to use after? Also what benchmarking software is the best to use?