Other people are using my name that I thought was unique! How'd you get your name?

GetFound

I thought Getfound was going to be a pretty unique name. I thought it was different enough no one else would have it, especially knowing how I came up with the name.

The story behind it was, I had a female friend that dated? this creepy older guy that always made weird comments. On their last date they were driving past this field, he looks out the window then back in and says "See that filed out there? pretty isnt it?" She replied "Yes". Then he says" That would be a nice place to get found"

And thats where I came up with Getfound, about 12 years ago.

I have tried Hotmail and Gmail both, and someone already has the getfound email address.

:hell_boy:

What's your story?

Edited by GetFound
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

heh :)

Well, to me it seems like the leap from getlost to getfound is not that big :snicker:

It does suck discovering someone else is using ur nick :22_002:

My nick is mfractal, and the reason is that i was super interested in fractals when i studied them back in school, and it kinda became my obsession for a while, back then i needed a DJ name (i also DJ psytrance) and after thinking about it for about 3 minutes i came up with m for my first name which is Michael plus fractal. Pretty unique man, never had an issue with any service :40_002:

P.S - I discovered the new smileys, had to use a bunch of them!!

Edited by Michael
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

haha that is a strange thing to say. I use 5150 Joker regularly and my use of that nick goes all the way back to a service called Prodigy. This predated even AOL when it was called Compuserve. There's a combination of reasons I picked 5150, one is that when went snowboarding with a few friends, the board was a 5150 and I thought it looked "cool" at the time (I was around 14). Secondly, 5150 is a police code for insane so insane + joker seemed like the thing to do at that age and it just stuck. Later on I found out 5150 Joker is some van halen song although I'm not really into metal. Although my newest nick is "Dirty Scrubz" and that's because I'm a medical student and well our scrubz got dirty quite regularly. :) Now that I'm in my early 30s, I've decided to drop the nick names and just start using my real one.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't remember all of the dinosaur cards I have used through the years but I remember loving Unreal, Unreal Tournament (have 100's of skins, player models and maps), Unreal 2 etc...