christmas came early

louis1978uk

cards installed photos taken will post shortly,no driver dramas windows 7 installed 980m drivers and enabled sli in about 20seconds flat.

no modding inf nonesense.. <3 love you prema!

- - - Updated - - -

ok 1st off bios.... the ladys seen in there but not recognised correctly but no dramas

20141205_162019_zps016d96d6.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

the girls tucked up in bed

20141205_155929_zpscdfb87eb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

side by side comparison of gtx780m next to a new gtx980m

20141205_154729_zps83fc29ac.jpg

20141205_154701_zps4c71f39f.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

btw prema primary card + secondary is bios 10. think you said you dont need 10+12 right?

- - - Updated - - -

btw prema primary card is bios 10. think you said you dont need 10+12 right?

gpuz likes both cards and correctly detects them... idle temp is 32degrees C as i type none a/c house ambient 21 degrees c so far about 14 degrees cooler than the gtx780m fan noise is noticibly quieter

• Thumbs Up 3

im fiddling with the cpu now trying to get more stability maxing and holding turbo without a throttle im 100% i can break 28k graphics just wanna try for my cpu :)

i have my eyes on a possibly unrealistic overal score of 22k who knows

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/<wbr>9080589

- - - Updated - - -

i <3 the way 3dmark gimps out of cpu turbo im assuming it reads the clocks in non turbo-non 3d environment sometimes which sways the figures in the specification...

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4930K,Notebook P570WM

there we go ive hit my 28k gpu target and passed by a moderate margin now to break 22k overall score... gunna need a huge cpu clock for that i think....

- - - Updated - - -

wish i had a 4960x to play with ><

Ikr... i need a new laptop :)

- - - Updated - - -

yeah,sigh i need a new machine,quite fancy a p375sm-a something a bit smaller n lighter...

but id keep the 980's :P ill chuck 780s back in it lol

- - - Updated - - -

i suppose i could always break the 30k gpu score,keep me out of trouble for an hour or 2

my max score is within the 29k range and thats rock stable so ite pretty doable,be interesting to see how much more these can deliver once fully unlocked.

Absolutely awesome and congratulations Louis1978uk. Bravo man! Wow id like to see what youd do with a 4960x! What are temps like on the 980m and the cpu at those clocks for a run like that?? need a lot of overvoltage to get there on the haswell 6 core?

Temps are not going to be an issue 60s on my benchmark runs there 14degrees to 18 cooler idle... full tilt there nearly 28 degrees under my 780m's direct comparrison. Basically my coolings too much for requirements of maxwell adiquate for 7xx 8xx series.

Ok to sum it all up having played with them some 14 hours iv'e come to the following conclusions.

1. Yes like all previous generations of nvidia cards these do infact throttle which is a pig but hardly unexpected going by the previous trend

2.Baring in mind the sheer cost of the cards are they good value for money?..... Hard one, value i have a hard time ever linking value for money and nvidia together,but its a quality product with a rediculious amount of clout.

3.is it worth the upgrade from 6XX 7XX 8XX?

This is probably he most straight forward question i pondered. From solo or SLI 680m god yes no brainer really the performance hike is just huge there is no other way to sum it up.

Upgrading solo 780m to 980m whilst the 780m is a fantastic card i cant help feeling its still just a huge leap with a solo 980m reaching within 10% of sli780m overclocked of course.

From a 880m perspective

this is the hard one....Baring in mind the cost you have already outlayed for the 880m cards,how new they are and the likely problems reselling them vs the 980m.

Probably not the best move,Sli 880m is never going to come remotely close to Sli 980m performace and that's with 980ms gimped atm but still i would probably just hold off wait on a broadwell platform and 2nd gen maxwell gpu setup! Even i cant justify that kind of flippant upgrade.

Do i have any regrets simple answer NO!

Yes they are expensive and left a huge hole in my wallet,but end of the day i got what i paid for brand new generation top end SLI setup that is so mind bogglingly fast you need a reality check to remind yourself this is a notebook that will obliterate a lot of gamers water cooled pc's.....crazy stuff...

I probably wont keep them ill mess about have some fun wit them enjoy messing and testing them whilst the bios mids evolve but really a solo 980m in a well optimimised prema modded laptop is really plenty

For example ive been playing mech warrior online today for something to do and ran 140fps non stop max settings on 1 card with sli disabled i really dont see a need for this kind of power right now unless your using multi monitors.

• Thumbs Up 1

it sounds elitist but not ment that way but... after the 570 there is no way i could settle for a w230ss it would drive me nuts :) a p370-p375sm/a is probably what ill go for or dare i say it an RMAware with a solo 980m

im thinking a p3XX series clevo or 18" Alien. I like aliens cooling over all clevos baring this one which is pretty damn good and like all the trimmings they get backlighting was always nicer and games that supported the profiles etc so alx18-m18xr2 with a later day upgrading to 2 more 980ms

lol I have an 18 am gifting to someone close to me, I myself would lean towards the type of build you have than the one I have now. 4940mx/2133DDR3L HyperX Impact Dual Channel/ 880M Sli/ 3 sata 6gbs ssd (one in optical bay) and msata ssd, all raid 0 together if one prefers. Use my optical drive in an external caddy. But it is no 6core desktop cpu nor is it quad channel. The cooling is decent in Alienware but not when they mess up the fan table. Alien 18 fan table hopeless unless stock no OC. Using Coolaboratory Liquid Pro was almost a must :P on these gpu and cpu. We have no hardware max fans toggle i thought that laptop does? HWiNFO was only saviour to cooling problems if you OC on Alien 18. Plus 57watt cpu vs cough 140 watt?!?! Lol :D just saying that is quite a beast and from this perspective and that setup vs this one 570 > 18

Your system aw 18 is pretty much what im after if i come across 1 up for grabs. Yes mine has FN+1 toggle but its not needed as bad as clevo fans are for spinning up late ive found this more than adiquate even at 6 cores 4600mhz and any video card overclocked as high as it can go... overvolting doesnt risk temps. :)

• Thumbs Up 1