Accidentially applied P170SMA bios to P170SM

manc

I have unknowingly applied the Clevo supplied (P170SMA_BIOS_0302) for the P170SMA onto a P170SM :too_sad:, I now find myself not being able to apply the correct (P17xSM_B0305), everytime I apply the BIOS update I get the error 'ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID', can anyone help me out here?

Thanks in advance.

Use the Mod version of P170SM BIOS, it'll ignore that error.

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I will give that a go now, I have also read that if I add the prefix /x to the afudos line within flash.bat I will be able to complete the BIOS update, none the less I will keep you posted.

Do you know if your Prema modded BIOS will also put right the EC firmware?

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

In the same area of expertise:

I am working on my Bosses P157SM (not SMA), and it has the original BIOS on it (1.00.01) and /had/ the original EC firmware (1.00.1) as well. The problem I am running into, is trying to flash the BIOS forward to one of the latest, 1.03.01 . We found the 1.03.01 package on the Clevo Mirror and downloaded it, and flashed in pure DOS. The EC flash worked fine, but the BIOS keeps returning a mismatched Bios ID. I have two ROM files in the BIOS flash directory, one is P15sm.301, the other is P15sm6m.301. Both of them are giving me the ID mismatch errors in their own way (one is a string of flash commands.)

The System has the IDs:
ROM ID = P150SM
ROM GUID = b5c59087-feac-4b41-9d80780ba5aa070f

The Rom File p15SSM6M.301 has the IDs:

ROM ID = P150SM
ROM GUID = 76183244-c0c1-469a-acb9bd90ca0f0f87

and the Rom File P15sm.301 has the IDs:

ROM ID = P150SM
ROM GUID = 76183244-c0c1-469a-acb9bd90ca0f0f87

The question is.. Would it be safe to override the ID check and force the flash (/x), or am I going to brick this board by doing so? This is the only system of this model that we have in house, and getting replacement boards for this is rather hard at this time.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, 
I'm pretty new here.
I'd like to flash my old Clevo BIOS of my p170sm but I can't find the Prema version for my setup. I have heard only good about this flash. Can you guys help me out?

Best regards,
Jonas