First Desktop Build in years HyperX Hardware OC Bundle

mw86

• Founder
wooooohoooo got it for 307 by time I made my deposit. $330 about after tax.

can't wait!

4790K on the way and motherboard maybe another week before it ships.

Sweet! Nothing beats desktop gaming.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sweet! Nothing beats desktop gaming.

Can't wait to get it all together. How are you liking yours these days Brian?

Wow man, awesome win!! real glad for u!!!

Thanks Michael so much, glad to put our team into some competition :D

I hope you were able to score some CyberMonday deals to fill that part list out. Congratulations!

Thank you, just the CPU but that is a lot harder to get a deal on then a case :) So I was happy to grab the 4790k :D The GPU will just have to wait till I make some more $$ lol can be an expensive hobby but I was glad to have won some parts to get me nearly a full build. Total system cost so far is about $335. 307$+tax and shipping was free. Have a case and GPU left to add. Cheers and thanks again.

• 2 months later...
Hello Tech | Inferno I entered a competition on HW Bot on a whim. I entered late on a 4 week competition. Surprisingly I could not get an entry each week to work of the two weeks I participated for XTU (screenshot validation wouldn't come up with the xtu run uploaded). There were three entries on different tests each week for 4 weeks. I was eligible to enter this contest because I had Kingston HyperX ram in my system. I had bought DDR3L SO-DiMM for my Alien 18 that was a replacement for my previous M18x R1 this year under warranty. Still being new to the 22nm scene and having not used Ivybridge, Haswell was a very new beast to me. We had to run XTU, Super-Pi and Maxmem etc with different sub-scores or scores as the requirement. It was a lot of fun and I honestly only got to spend about 3 nights or so on my entries at all. I was surprised when I placed against all Liquid Cooled or phase cooled desktop rigs. We had to place in the top 6 to at least win the competition and I have never won anything in my life. I won 6th place and to me that was the greatest victory and experience. I admittedly never entered a competition before, so to me it was a very gratifying experience.

It is an honor to share this entire experience with you and more of an honor to have met all of you here. To have learned from each other and to have shared all our experiences good or bad in technology. Very recently @Mr.Fox and @J95 helped me the past two months get acquainted with Haswell. Thank you kindly gentleman. @Stamatis-X as well encouraged me to go for it a great friend indeed. Very quickly I was starting to see the caveats to an Alien 18 and Haswell furnaces. The furnace was cooled by Liquid Pro (liquid metal alternative to thermal paste for those that don't know) after getting some practice on some older laptops around me and comparing Liquid Ultra and Liquid Pro in real world use. With my rig thermals in order and XTU/Throttle Stop/Bios Settings/HWiNFO combo I was back on track and clocking away again thanks to @Mr.Fox for all the advice on how to get started thanks to all his great expertise. Testing my CPUs ranges I got the 4940mx validated just under 5ghz like Mr.Fox and had my ram on 1.35v hitting 2220mhz@CL11-11-11-34 by using base-clock which is how I entered the competition. I got a Wprime 32m to 4.8secs something seconds on air at i think 4.8ghz (have to check) on air so I knew I had a nice range of performance available (my Sandybridge 2960xm needed extreme AC assistance and CL9 2133 ram at 1.65v to achieve 4.8secs and 5.135 GHz to get there). So I went at clocking my Haswell real high and running Maxmem for best scores they were looking for and SuperPi was there hardest I let it run all cores same speed for that test so each core would stay cooler on air vs locking to one core. XTU regrettably I couldn't get my entry in but I got ones ranging just shy of 1100 using less than 4.4ghz was near 4.35. Overall the competition was a lot of fun. I learned I can do a lot more than I thought I could and that if you try hard you can succeed. I will look for more competitions, this was a wonderful experience.

To my surprise I was later notified about a week later that I had been selected as a winner of a HyperX Hot NA Hardware Bundle via email. I really didn't think I placed high enough to win something I simply thought cool I got my name on the list lol. So below this post are a few photos and screenshots of the Competition and the Hardware I won.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13285[/ATTACH]

The email stated the following which I was shocked to read:

" Congratulations! You have been selected as a winner to receive a HOT hardware bundle! This includes:

HyperX Predator DDR3 8GB 2800MHz kit

HyperX 3K SSD 240GB

GIGABYTE Z97X-SOC FORCE

Gelid GC Extreme 10G

Cooler Master V750

Cooler Master Nepton 140XL

To receive your prize bundle, please reply"

I am honored to win and I am glad to share my experience with you all.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13286[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13287[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13288[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13289[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13290[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13291[/ATTACH]

I would like to give a lot of thanks to all of you here. I would like to give a special thanks and I know I am going to miss a few people (apologies) but you are all greatly appreciated even if I fail to mention you. Thank you @Brian @svl7 @Michael @StamatisX @unclewebb @Mumak @Mr. Fox @unreal25 @chmod1337 @Conker @angerthosenear @Xonar @johnksss @J95 @deadbydawn @iloveb00bs @Prema @Aikimox @bifnewman @DaneGRClose @DanXbix @daveh98 @debaucher @DR650SE @Erich86 @eYe-I-aie... @faiz23 @freedomofthedarkenedheart @Gearsguy @GetFound @hidz7 @HOPELESSLYFAITHFUL @HTWingNut @ichime @iPhantomhive @Ixel @JCrichton @jeffereybaks @Jimbo @Jubbin Grewal @katalin_2003 @Kensei @KristoferNathan @Leo14 @littleone562 @louis198920 @Marcus007 @mitchellpeixer @mmskate13 @n3ocort3x @Nando @Nekojin @Ninjahunter @Nospheratu @Pursuit @ragingazn628 @rawhide85 @robby001 @robby_hd @Silent Bob @Simplified @Speedy Gonzalez @Staff Sargent @Stevenxowens792 @Strigae @thanats007 @TheGame @TitanGod @usmc362 @vikingrinn @Warp(d)Alien @wbabt007 @widezu69 @Khenglish @Slovedon @cresterk @louis1978uk @TBoneSan @Robbo @muhd86 @mohsen @Klem @arazvan2002 @godfafa

In no particular order. Thank you all for being great friends and inspiration. Also for the fun friendly competition to keep us going.

I want to thank my family as well. My dear Mother and Father, Holly and James as well as my Brother Maxx. My friends off the net Rob, Shawn and Ryan thank you. A special thanks to someone special in my life R.L.S You are my greatest inspiration and true friend.,

This kit may turn into a build which I'd be glad to get suggestions for. I haven't received the motherboard yet but I will share when that comes as well. Cheers and thankful for great friends. Will be first Desktop Build in years.

@mw86 - I cannot find the tread where you were posting about your memory tweaking with the Alienware 18. If someone can find a link, I will post this there.

Just wanted to say "thanks" and share that your tips allowed me to get the memory to run at the expected 2133 by tweaking the tCKmin value a couple of notches lower to change the speed to 1068.38MHz and now the BIOS set to "Auto" for memory boots at the expected 2133. I had both Vengeance and G.SKILL Ripjaws 2133 running at 1866 and nothing set manually in the BIOS would coax 2133 out of it, but this did the trick.

Here is a screen shot and my SPD dump for G.SKILL 4GB DDR3L-2133 for anyone that wants to use it.

G.Skill F3-2133C11-4GRSLb.zip

DUFixaz.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
@mw86 - I cannot find the tread where you were posting about your memory tweaking with the Alienware 18. If someone can find a link, I will post this there.

Just wanted to say "thanks" and share that your tips allowed me to get the memory to run at the expected 2133 by tweaking the tCKmin value a couple of notches lower to change the speed to 1068.38MHz and now the BIOS set to "Auto" for memory boots at the expected 2133. I had both Vengeance and G.SKILL Ripjaws 2133 running at 1866 and nothing set manually in the BIOS would coax 2133 out of it, but this did the trick.

Here is a screen shot and my SPD dump for G.SKILL 4GB DDR3L-2133 for anyone that wants to use it.

[ATTACH]14124[/ATTACH]

DUFixaz.png

Hi brother Fox thanks a lot cool. Will post pics and update how the build went. Also have lots to share about ram overclocking attempts. Have 2x4gb 2400mhz cl12 hyperx running stable

late Congratulations :)

Thanks so much :D Cheers!! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Man, my so late to the game. Life had taken over as I have an almost 3 year old now. But this is awesome! Congrats man and we'll deserved! How are you liking the new desktop? Bet it's putting up some dope numbers!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Trying another competition using the rig I built. So far worked the DDR3 2800mhz on XMP up to 2933 then 3000mhz using manual timings and a base multiplier change from 100mhz to 125mhz and lowered the 4790k's multipliers to use the same frequencies as before. Will post pics and results after I get my first entry in am on a trip currently :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...