Kraken gpu liquid cooling?

cancerman

Just waiting for it to show up. I have an NZXT Gamma case with 4 120mm and 2 140mm Noctua fans running at their slowest speed. I pulled the rear top 140mm outside of the case and put a Corsair H60 radiator under it. The only thing left that is pretty audible is the vid card fan while gaming. I'm hoping that this will fix that issue. If not, I'm going to try to attach another Corsair CPU cooler to the gpu, but that's a little more involved than I want to get if it's not necessary. Plus, I had a TD rebate card from a while ago, so this was basically free.

I've use the Kraken X40 and the Kraken X61 only on my CPU.

I would've used the X40 with the G10 on my GPU, except I changed builds to a miniITX. Sooooo:

X40 is very suitable for a GPU. Or any other similar cooler of this side.

Also, the Corsair H60 will not work. It has the more square styled pump block right? You need one of the round versions. Like that of the X40/1 X60/1 - or for Corsair cooling solutions: H50, H55, H75, H105, H110. Essentially any cooler with that round pump base - Asetek built.

• 9 months later...

I had it on my previous 760 sli setup, and while it works, it is not very elegant (you probably expected that). you will have to deal with vrm, and possibly vram cooling yourself, and this is an issue especially with amd cards, where the vrms can get very hot.

The fan on it also has to be connected to a motherboard header, meaning that it won't be controlled by the gpu temp, which is a bit silly.

If you got it for cheap, then go ahead, but After my experience, I just saved a bit more for a custom loop.

• 9 months later...
On 12/3/2014 at 5:31 PM, angerthosenear said:

I've use the Kraken X40 and the Kraken X61 only on my CPU.

I would've used the X40 with the G10 on my GPU, except I changed builds to a miniITX. Sooooo:

X40 is very suitable for a GPU. Or any other similar cooler of this side.

Also, the Corsair H60 will not work. It has the more square styled pump block right? You need one of the round versions. Like that of the X40/1 X60/1 - or for Corsair cooling solutions: H50, H55, H75, H105, H110. Essentially any cooler with that round pump base - Asetek built.

Interesting.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1203528/official-nvidia-gpu-mod-club-aka-the-mod

It seems a fair number of people on overclock.net have been successful with using Corsair H60's.