OFFICIAL: M17x-R2 Benchmarking Thread

Well that's certainly true too. it would be easy to overload the motherboard with the current coming from such extreme overclocks. I know all of us who overclocked the R2 to these levels know that the mobo and psu must have been crying... I know my psu was under some of those higher overclocks I had in 3dmark 2011.

<style>.wlEmoticon { behavior: url(#default#.WLEMOTICON_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } img { behavior: url(#default#IMG_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .wlWriterEditableSmartContent { behavior: url(#default#.WLWRITEREDITABLESMARTCONTENT_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .wlWriterEditableSmartContent > .wlEditField { behavior: url(#default#.WLWRITEREDITABLESMARTCONTENT_>_.WLEDITFIELD_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } blockquote { behavior: url(#default#BLOCKQUOTE_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } #extendedEntryBreak { behavior: url(#default##EXTENDEDENTRYBREAK_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .postBody table { behavior: url(#default#.POSTBODY_TABLE_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .postBody td { behavior: url(#default#.POSTBODY_TD_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .postBody th { behavior: url(#default#.POSTBODY_TH_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } </style><style>.postTitle {margin: 0px 0px 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;} .postBody {margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; }</style>Even if clevo hand out the full blueprints,doubt is help us with M17X-R2 here... LOL

Does anyone even plunged in an M18X PSU into an M17X-R2 ??? I just humbly asking because, i used my OLD XPS M1730 230W PSU with my R2 and is still recognize it.

Does anyone even tried it, or we just talking about the ID signature. They both made for dell, and the signal sent out, specified by dell.

Unless the sockets are different the laptop should recognize. Designing HW is relatively cheap in todays IT, however making program for that hw is the expensive part.

Replacing a faulty laptop “m17x-r1” (3x in my case) even all tech guys knew is JUST a software “BIOS” issue... is cheaper for dell than fix it. So what is the point to spend a fortune to block a small piece of HW to work like a PSU ??? If you replace your GPU’s and the PSU, could end up a burned-out system board Y, simply because is not designed to handle-out that amount of power, and take that HUGE load for long.

I read somewhere our current PSU could peak at 280W. So i guess that could be the top limit for the motherboard too. if you do the math ...√∆∑=?. you cannot use “probably” a crossfire 6970M permanently. 100W x2= 200W nothing to mention the CPU 55W is 255W already. and i did not count 3x HDD 7200RPM (i have) fan’s, BT, WIFI, LCD. But probable you can use on 6970M with an 280M GTX if my memory serves is only 75W for PhysX.

<style>.wlEmoticon { behavior: url(#default#.WLEMOTICON_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } img { behavior: url(#default#IMG_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .wlWriterEditableSmartContent { behavior: url(#default#.WLWRITEREDITABLESMARTCONTENT_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .wlWriterEditableSmartContent > .wlEditField { behavior: url(#default#.WLWRITEREDITABLESMARTCONTENT_>_.WLEDITFIELD_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } blockquote { behavior: url(#default#BLOCKQUOTE_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } #extendedEntryBreak { behavior: url(#default##EXTENDEDENTRYBREAK_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .postBody table { behavior: url(#default#.POSTBODY_TABLE_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .postBody td { behavior: url(#default#.POSTBODY_TD_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .postBody th { behavior: url(#default#.POSTBODY_TH_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } </style><style>.postTitle {margin: 0px 0px 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;} .postBody {margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; }</style>Top of that 6970M Still having issue with R2 (fan control) we dont really want to get burned by alien’s do we LOL

As a repair engineer, beleive me when i say, a burned out laptop not really a good looking thing.

I wonder if Clevo put out any docs on their power converter box for the X7200?
Edited by AssimilatorX
ext

Interesting you speak of mixing and Ati and Nvidia card in the R2. Usually Ati and Nvidia block each other with their drivers... But somewhere in this forum I did post a fix to allow both to work in a desktop system so it may work on an R2... I didn't come up with the fix I believe I found the post at guru3d.com and put a link on T I for it.

There is a way Hybrid PhysX mod v1.03 / v1.04ff and as far i tested is working... There is a war going on out there in the (Market)universe we know nothing about. But we all feel the effect PhysX - Havoc - Bullet Physx ,open physx, OpenCL and a lot more i dont even know.
I posted important files needed for trouble free gaming here earlier this year. http://forum.techinferno.com/pc-gaming/323-you-need-these-trouble-free-gaming.htmlits kind of cool but physx to me is not super important. Actual performance in game is my priority. Your page may be a more updated link For the Physx fix.

Guest bifnewman

PhysX isn't a top priority for me either, especially when it comes at a $800-1000 price premium over the ATI cards (I'm referring to the dual card setup). I definitely see it as an added bonus if you can spring for the NVIDIA cards though. Helps a lot in games like Mafia 2.

Care to post some benchmarks of your R2's Bif and Assimilator... this is the R2 benchmark forum. StamatisX have you rebenched the R2 any with the 11.6 Catalyst yet?.. Or anyone for that matter?

Edited by mw86

Guest bifnewman

I havent really done much benching at all except GTA 4. Took forever to get that to even be semi-playable. Not very happy with the performance.

I havent really done much benching at all except GTA 4. Took forever to get that to even be semi-playable. Not very happy with the performance.

I'm sorry to hear that... seems to me GTA 4 needs desktop range 4 core processors to truly keep up something with desktop range Gigaflops, 920Xm and 940Xm are not as high in gigaflops as a desktop I7.

Here are some posts I made at NBR, easier to copy and paste, but these are my prelim benches on the 6970s in the R2.

Here is a stock GPU clock run that I did last night. I havn't gotten around to overclocking till I can get the cards flashed. I'll probably have to do them one by one in the master slot with winflash first, then I should be able to through atiflash in dos. But here it is. Only thing I changed was put the CPU TDP at 74W.

20593.th.jpg

Vantage: 20593

CPU: 17538

GPU: 21862 Stock GPU Clocks.

3DMark11: 6400

Stock GPU clocks, CPU at 140MHz FSB with a 74w TDP.

6400f.th.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

DR650SE has been know to be well above 100tdp/tdc with his dice runs on this thread check some previous posts it sick. 100 is all you need anyway won't really see much that would require over 100watts.

• Founder
Yeah I want to see 8k in 3dmark 2011. Perhaps you can try a swap file on a ram disk?

This is impossible for the R2 simply because the PSU will trip if you OC the CPU and the CPU is limiting the total score. That's why the M18x has a 330W one.

8k might not possible but 6.4k is what Drs650se got for diced and overclocked 5870m's and he matched it with stock 6970m's and a lower CPU overclock... Maybe with dice and overclocked 6970m's he should be able to minimally gain 500 points but I think much more. Your absolutely right that 8k is impossible but I was excited and know DR650SE will make that 6.4k look like nothing once he has time and access to more dice and overclocks his 6970m's. Cheers just wishful thinking about the 8k 3dmark2011.

Guest bifnewman

Are Dual 6970m's worth it for the M17x R2? I'm wondering whether I should sell my M17x or not because now is where I can get the best value out of it. I'm actually getting 44 FPS in GTA 4 benchmark with auto-configure settings(all very-high/all the bars are pretty much half way). This is with everything at stock clocks with 940xm/8gb ram/dual 5870s.

Guest bifnewman

OMFG. Just started playing GTA 4 again and like every second, it pauses for a second. it is incredibly annoying and especially noticable when driving.