OFFICIAL: M17x-R2 Benchmarking Thread

Heyhouu, first benchmark-post here ever :D

3D Mark 11

d26ze8df.png

3D Mark Vantage

elrbeuw4.png

UYL already send me the newest drivers on a dvd, exemplary!

TDP is at 80 now, no overclocking to my 7970m babe <3

Go for 10k Stam! ;)

• Thumbs Up 4

Ah, very nice upgrade mav! You got an eurocom card, right? (Even though it comes with the Dell vbios... ) I assume HDMI and DisplayPort doesn't work for you either? (It doesn't work in Ichime's M17x R2, he got eurocom cards as well, and neither does it work in Stams R2... :()

Btw, you can attach the pics directly in the forum next time, just click on "go advanced" when posting, then on "manage attachments" below the text box, and you can upload the pics here ;)

Ah, very nice upgrade mav! You got an eurocom card, right? (Even though it comes with the Dell vbios... ) I assume HDMI and DisplayPort doesn't work for you either? (It doesn't work in Ichime's M17x R2, he got eurocom cards as well, and neither does it work in Stams R2... :()

Yes eurocom card and yes, same issue. VGA works, HDMI and DisplayPort won't.. anyone knows how can we fix that? With another BIOS or "just" new graphic drivers?

Btw, you can attach the pics directly in the forum next time, just click on "go advanced" when posting, then on "manage attachments" below the text box, and you can upload the pics here ;)

Thanks, tried it.. lazy enough to scale the resolution down :P

Yes eurocom card and yes, same issue. VGA works, HDMI and DisplayPort won't.. anyone knows how can we fix that? With another BIOS or "just" new graphic drivers?

Yep, at least I know how you can get the HDMI to work (no idea whether sound per HDMI will work though). Use this vbios here. Ah, you need to force the flash...

DisplayPort, no idea at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder

Awesome GPU score! Hopefully AMD can sort out the driver mess soon. If they do, these 7970M's will be awesome, especially for the price.

• Thumbs Up 1

WOW!!! Awesome run there STAM! That score is like better than my stock M18x score lol!!:42_002:

I'm so lazy:13_002: atm to put the 7970Ms into the R2 and start giving your numbers a run for their money ;)

Perhaps when AMD release a proper driver that can run properly with their new Mobile GPU king.

I'm still thinking and dreaming about the GTX680M hmmmmmmmmmm......................

Stam I just wanted to also ask are you experiencing any freezing or glitches while web browsing or during gaming? Any random BSODS?

It seems most are having crossfire issues in the M18x R1 and R2 atm. So I just wanted to hear about your experiences so far. Thanks.

Cheers. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

Thanks chief! Yeah thete were a couple of times that I experienced crashes (screen turned into one color, not BSOD) but only when idling. During games I am fine. The 680Ms will definitely be very good performers but not sure if they will play nicely on the R2.

I am waiting for your results!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder

@brooks93 Not sure about the brand, I need to check it out, but for sure I am using a clevo vbios.

And a Vantage run at 35C ambient temperature(that's why I have such a low CPU score) and GPUs @1000/1400 1.1V

Total Score: 29,435

Gpu Score: 35,197

post-3-14494993434657_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1