Ideapad Y500 - trackpad driver / software loads veeery slowly....

srnrsn

A question for those who have Ideapads: My Y500 has a 1TB HDD, no SSD (yet). One thing I've noticed is that upon startup, the trackpad driver seems to load very very slowly. In fact it might be the last thing that loads, which means the laptop is essentially unresponsive until a bunch of other startup items (like antivirus software, etc.) have loaded. If you have a mouse plugged in, it starts responding right away.

Have you observed this, and do you know if the trackpad driver / software can be forced to start earlier? Thanks in advance!

check if there's any software that delays the start of other process..

another thing that usually works is just to reinstall the driver.. could be some file that got corrupted and it tries to load it until it times out..

Laptops and netbooks :: IdeaPad Y Series laptops :: IdeaPad Y500 Notebook - Lenovo Support (US)

• 3 months later...

if anyone has issues with there synaptics trackpad such as jumpy cursor try this synaptics driver since iv been using this i hav had no problems synaptics clickpad v8.1

synaptics pointing device v16.3.15.1 25Feb13

and also another great feature (life saver) instead of using fn keys to control volume i have been using tap zones which can be setup withing the driver settings under tapping which allow you to control volume or many other things by simply tapping a region on your trackpad i use the top left corner for volume up and bottom left corner for volume down it works great once your used to it and you wont use the fn keys for volume again :D